Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtStrong2013

• Last visited

• Days Won

ColtStrong2013 last won the day on February 19

ColtStrong2013 had the most liked content!

Uncategorized

Recent Profile Visitors

4,799 profile views

ColtStrong2013's Achievements

Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer (5/6)

• Superstar Rare

Recent Badges

1. Yeah they didn’t have the same value on him. If they put a big offer even on Odunze at 9, then a similar offer gets Bowers. They just didn’t value him, and I don’t know why I’m surprised by it, because Ballard’s repeatedly talked about blocking tight ends value. I’m going to be watching Latu clips all weekend now. He says he believes Latu was the final piece to the d-line and considers it excellent, by far the best since he’s been here. no excuses- trenches are important. Arguably the best o-line and d-line going into 2024 during his tenure. He has the qb. Has some weapons, obviously looking to add. I would expect a receiver 2nd round. Maybe we trade up right off the bat.
  2. Ballard says they put several offers (big ones) to trade up. He was feisty with the reporters tonight. They basically asked if it was for a receiver and he responded that they were able to pick the defensive player they wanted, so it’s not hard to put two and two together. Said it takes two to tango on a deal and for teams to move back to 15, they potentially miss out. They identified a handful of elite players, made an attempt at a few, no one was budging, and were very lucky to have their choice on defense. The last question was if he was concerned of Latu’s age. And he said “23?… no, we tried to sign a 29 year old.” (Referring to Hunter) and laughed as he left. Sounds like they feel pretty good. But they definitely were looking to trade up for one of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers. Likely one of the three receivers. Not sure we were as hot on Bowers as we would think.
  3. I’m sure some will be shocked at Pearsall in the first but the guy is a very good football player. It’s a good pick for the 49ers.
  4. If it can’t sustain… I think that concern was just addressed. With a new and revered d-line coach and a high level pass rusher that will be on the field often from the start, this defensive line will bring pressure. If the back end improves (and it should just from an offseason growth standpoint, let alone any further additions from here) the defensive line could elevate big time from a pressure standpoint.
  5. In the words of bill bellichick, no disrespect to the secondary, but if the qb can’t get the ball out, you don’t have to cover as long… Bring. the. heat. many on here said the pressure from the d-line wasn’t good enough in spite of a record breaking sack year… said it wouldn’t sustain without the pressure. Well, we will find out…
  6. they are working for it, without a doubt. Charlie Partridge is salivating right now.
  7. this commentary from Bellichick is good stuff. when you play in a dome, and especially get ahead, that crowd noise with explosive players on defense is hard to block. No disrespect to the secondary but when a qb can’t get the ball out, you don’t have to cover for very long…
  8. 🤷‍♂️ idk if it’s a bad thing we potentially get the 1st defensive player at pick 15… this is insane.
  9. Yeah- and if he has success trading up this draft with a major offensive weapon like Odunze or Bowers- his two main trade ups will be in that player and JT. Could really alter his thinking moving forward.