• Interests
    Sports, woodworking, Travel

Profile Fields

• About Me
    <p>
    50 year Colts fan. Marine Corps special forces veteran
    </p>

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Dobbinblitz's Achievements

Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer (5/6)

• Superstar Rare

Recent Badges

1. Nelson on AR. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/quenton-nelson-anthony-richardson-is-everything-you-want-in-a-qb
  2. Brian Mason comments on A.G. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/colts-drafted-fifth-round-receiver-anthony-gould-with-new-kickoff-return-rule-in-mind
  3. Just to clean up my previous post: I think Charlie Partridge will be an X Factor for the Colts. I am anxious to see what he can do with Kwity and the rest of the D-line. I would think that Partridge evaluated Paye and weighed in on his potential and fit with what Partridge is looking to do. Partridge is known to be able to make the complicated - simple. and that should benefit the young players especially. Partridge said in a recent interview that he thinks he can help Stewart increase his sack total. He also said he was blown away by Ballard's analysis of Raekwon Davis fit in the Colts defense.
  4. I think Charlie Partridge will be an X Factor for the Colts. I am anxious to see what he can do with Kwity and the rest of the D-line. I would think that Partridge evaluated Paye and weighed in on his potential and fit with what Partridge is looking to do. Partridge is known to be able to make the complicates simple. and that should benefit the young players especially. Partridge said in a recent interview that he thinks he can help Stewart increase his sack total. He also said he was blown away by Ballard's analysis of Raekwon Davis fit in the Colts defense.
  5. WalterFootball assigned a team draft grade of A to four NFL teams - Colts Lions,Bengals, and Ravens. Eagles receive an A+ grade. "I love what the Colts did in the 2024 NFL Draft. They helped Richardson and also improved their pass rushing to help combat the many other talented quarterbacks in the AFC. Only two of their picks scored worse than a B-, but they were late-round selections." ADC South: Titans C+, Texans B, and Jaguars C-. Latu, Tanor Bartolini, and Jaylon Simpson received A+ grades
  6. Not sure if this has already been posted - in case anyone missed this. Scouts Coughlan and Henry press conference post draft,
  7. Walterfootball listed 5 players selected as DAY 3 Draft Sleepers. Simpson was on their list. Simpson will slide in the 2024 NFL Draft because he is skinny. At 6-foot, 179 pounds, he needs to add weight for tackling in the NFL. If Simpson can develop in a pro strength and conditioning over his rookie season, he could turn into a quality starter by the end of his first pro contract. Simpson - "I'm ready to continue to do what I was destined for. Continue to grow as a player, continue to show everybody why I feel like I'm one of the best players in the country, one of the best safeties in the draft." Draftnetwork - Second Team All-SEC (2023) • Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist (2023) “Jaylin Simpson is a versatile defensive back who has cornerback athleticism and burst paired with the safety vision and instincts to be an impact player in the secondary.”
  8. Mainly due to having the 3rd most players already under contract for the coming season, and pushing against the 91 offseason player max.
  9. Kansas Linebacker Coach Chris Simpson on Yong: Simpson sees that speed as one of Young's greatest attributes. "Craig can run," Simpson said. "He's one of our faster guys. He's got tremendous length, so even what there is that he may lack, he can make up for in other areas, and length is one of those things. "Being a big, tall guy, we're putting a lot on him and he's killing it, OK? We're putting a lot on him in terms of what he needs to know and he's embracing it and even going above and beyond to make sure that he's really locked in with whatever he's doing. He's doing a tremendous job for us." Field Level Media put out a list of 10 late round sleepers in the draft. 2 Colts selections were on it. Craig Young, LB, Kansas Primarily a nickel defender for the Jayhawks, Young went from 215 to 225 pounds during the pre-draft process to show he could hold the weight of a true linebacker and testing indicates he maintained his athleticism. Fits for teams emphasizing hybrid versatility in the back seven such as Seattle and Baltimore. Jaylon Carlies, LB/Missouri Carlies should be getting more attention. He's the ideal modern-day linebacker with height, weight, length and speed teams covet. His instincts are still in the works, but ceilings don't get much higher for late-rounders. --Field Level Media
  10. Brugler: Bortolini, who broke Jason Kelce’s combine record with the best three-cone (7.16 seconds) among interior linemen, might have the best combination of athleticism and smarts in this draft class. He projects as an eventual NFL starter with position flexibility across the interior.
  11. In an ESPN Post Draft Roundtable one of the questions asked was: In five years, we're all going to wonder why ___ fell in the draft. Matt Miller: Adonai Mitchell, WR, Colts (No. 52). Mitchell is talented enough to be ranked inside my top 20, but the real reason we'll be talking about him falling is because he's about to be paired up with quarterback Anthony Richardson. Receiver Michael Pittman Jr. also being in the offense will keep safeties honest over the middle, and Mitchell's deep speed and body control are ideal for Richardson's amazing arm strength. He'll take the top off the defense in a hurry.
  12. Gould led the FBS with an 18.3-yard punt return average in 2022, highlighted by 80-yard and 55-yard punt return TDs. He averaged 16.4 yards per punt return during his college career.- Athletic
  13. Scout Henry: On how Goncalves will mesh in Indianapolis: I’m giving this guy the nickname ‘The Blueprint’ because he is a pure, exact blueprint of what we want in an offensive lineman in our room. I don’t know that there was an offensive lineman on the board that fit our room better than this guy. Big, small, tough, smart, mean, high ‘give a sh—’ factor, versatile, dependable — he really cares.
  14. Scout Coughlan: On Mitchell’s work ethic: We talked to everybody in that building. This dude practices hard. He works hard. His position coach (Chris Jackson at Texas), coached in the NFL. I talked to him extensively about this guy. … I’m like, ‘How’s this guy gonna fit in the building?’ He’s like, ‘Dude, this guy believes he belongs.’ … He believes that. His coach believes it, and obviously we do, too, to pick this guy.