Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Get The Feeling That Irsay Is Doing A Bit Of Trolling?/irsay's Qb Tweets About Mississippi (Merged)

Mouthfire

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused, which is easy for me to get. who is mr. johnson. is that woody johnson the ceo of the jets when they traded for farve? or am i an *. dont answer that.

Robert Johnson is the bluesman who sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads.

I've been reading these forums off and on for years without signing up. I just had to respond to this one.

You know how much Irsay loves his music, well Robert Johnson is a blues legend.

"Crossroads" refers to his best known song. As in "I went down to the crossroads and fell down on my knees, asked the Lord up above for mercy, save poor Bob if you please." --Cross Road Blues by Robert Johnson

The deal refers to the suggestion that he met the devil at the crossroads and sold his soul in exchange for his musical gifts. How else could someone come by such otherworldly talent.

So yes, Mr Irsay is messing with us, and it's pretty dayum funny. I'm not sure who he might meet in Mississippi, but personally I hope it's not Favre. I always liked the guy, but after watching the circus come to town in NY a couple of years back I don't think it would be a great idea.

Irsay should use this tweet, "Burning the media like golf balls and shooting hickory with old gunslinger. Liking it bloody!"

And one hour ago, Irsay tweeted, "A good fishing trip is best enjoyed by taking the big ones home..and letting the little ones go!" Uhh, so was he really on a fishing trip, or was he using a metaphor for fishing for Brett Favre? If it's the latter, did he just call Brett Favre a little one, or is he calling him a big one?

They can be mad if they want. Atleast it gets the media off the Pats, Jets, or Steelers for a few minutes. I think sports media deserves the headache. They never talk about the Colts and now Irsay is driving them crazy. I like it.

Irsay should use this tweet, "Burning the media like golf balls and shooting the hickory with old gunslinger. Liking it bloody!"

And I don't know if you read Irsay's tweet one hour ago, but he said, "A good fishing trip is best enjoyed by taking the big ones home..and letting the little ones go!" lol uhh so was he really on a fishing trip, or was he using a metaphor for fishing for Brett Favre? If it's the latter, did he just call Brett Favre a little one, or is he calling him a big one?

metaphor for the preseason it is. Preseason games are the little ones, a Superbowl win is the big one you bring home.

13 hours ago, he tweets, "Just simply FIRE UP,it's monday morning...we gotta stay crazy,it keeps us trying!Hungry 4 open roads,little puppies..baby's eyes n ice cream." Open roads? So Irsay is indeed on the road then? Little puppies and baby's?... Is he referring to young players?

20 hours ago, he tweets, "I can't clear anything up...everything is fluid and in flux...b ready 4 anything n everything then nothing is not foe BUT FRIEND!" So he's not totally dismissing the idea of grabbing a veteran QB. Indeed he eluded to this in the press-box one day.

Really you could put a football spin on everything he says, but at the same time he KNOWS his fans want news on the Favre situation, yet he isn't complying. He could have just come out and bashed the rumor, like he did the Terrelle Pryor situation, but he isn't. Why?

I like Irsay making the media mad, the only troubling thing about it is the way us Colts fan take the rants into conception. In terms of the media, who cares, how many times have they ticked us off. I classified him as a "media ninja," who attacks & targets the media using deceptive tactics especially via his twitter rants. I have no problems with it as now I take his rants with grain of salt. So if he can co tinue to fool the media let it roll!!! :trout:

Irsay might have thought that messing with the media was cool , but they are getting mad at him now. Is he getting us going for no reason too, or is he just messing with the media. Either way, this is not a good idea.

Who cares if the media gets mad?? I get mad everytime they make false claims...

I wish Irsay would tweet about that window the media like to talk about. Been closing for 5 years now?

" I didn't notice anything wrong with it, but I sent a repair man to fix that window you always say is closing"

The media would say it means Brett Farve is the repair man!

This reminds me of how the media takes the whole "zombies ahead" road signs seriously too. Everytime it happens, they feel a need to report it, even though they know it's fluff.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/mar/21/3/zombies-ahead-warns-electronic-road-sign-south-car-ar-1605668/

zombie-warning-sign.jpg

I think the media had an inclination the Favre idea was a joke, but as a source of news, they felt they had an obligation to report it. Once one professional news source reported it - in an effort to stay competitive - others reported it too. Now they're all getting upset Irsay wasted their time.

Irsay might have thought that messing with the media was cool , but they are getting mad at him now. Is he getting us going for no reason too, or is he just messing with the media. Either way, this is not a good idea.

I am sorry I really don't care if the media is mad at our owner.

What happened to the days when the media would attempt to corroborate a story before releasing it? Now it's a race to see who can get it out fastest. Making sure it's factual doesn't seem to matter.

So when the media gets burned, they have no one but themselves to blame.

Isray could have topped it off by tweeting (to the media) "Baba Booey! Baba Booey!"

Irsay just gave away 2 tickets to fridays game and 2 boxes of Honey nut cheerios.... What could the cheerios mean... lets see... Bees make honey.. Brett starts with B.. People have CHEERed for Brett.. Guys I think i cracked the code.. Not sure about the nut part however...

Yeah, they'll surely burn him and the team at the stakes... I can hear them now, predicting our demise and return to irrelevancy while worshiping Brady and Billichick for doing the things we never could....

Oh wait a minute... I'm just remembering EVERY OFFSEASON WE'VE HAD SINCE 2008.

So they're already writing bad things about us, most of them are Brady fanboys, what more can they do than that? Call Peyton a poopypants who is so bad at sports he couldn't bowl 100?

Who cares? Maybe if they actually did some digging for their stories themselves (You know, what they're paid to do) instead of squatting on twitter for their scoops they wouldn't be being fed, and reporting false news. Certainly not Irsay's problem... That whole "Freedom of Speech" thing in the constitution has something to do with that...

I'm kind of astounded at the number of media and fans that have run wild with speculation. that's one powerful twitter account!

Holy cow! colts fandom is all a 'twitter'

Creates a bit of housekeeping here but, overall, I think the whole thing is fun to watch. Maybe the media should call Peyton and ask him.

Anyone seen him talking to anyone lately? Mr. Mystery Man.....these days.