Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Get The Feeling That Irsay Is Doing A Bit Of Trolling?/irsay's Qb Tweets About Mississippi (Merged)

Mouthfire

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since a new thread has been formed, I agree with the premise that Mr.Irsay should let things run their course and not do his part to rile up the fan base. Besides, his tweets could easily be misconstrued as an admission that the current backups do not cut it. Let the Polians and Caldwell make that decision, to be honest, it is a fine line he is walking. Let him lay off tweets for a couple of weeks and then resume.

Not sure this needed its own thread. This could have been added to any of the threads which are already covering the Irsay post/QB dilemma.

Sure, it deserves its own thread. How's Irsay going see my thread and obtain my infinite football wisdom, if he doesn't see his name in the title???

I'm just sayin'....

So what is the problem with an owner, our owner, actually being a fan? And what is wrong with having some fun on Twitter with the fans? I find it refreshing that he enjoys interacting with his fan base. And we actually get some communication, which is a LOT more than some fans get from their teams. And yes, maybe he is sending a message to his current QBs...again, I fail to see what is wrong with that. It's called "lighting a fire". I manage a business and sometimes you have to do things to shake your employees out of their comfort zone to get them to work up to their full potential. I also think that sometimes Irsay posts things just to mess with the media. While he isn't on the same level, I kinda view Irsay as Indy's version of Mark Cuban!

Well, since a new thread has been formed, I agree with the premise that Mr.Irsay should let things run their course and not do his part to rile up the fan base. Besides, his tweets could easily be misconstrued as an admission that the current backups do not cut it. Let the Polians and Caldwell make that decision, to be honest, it is a fine line he is walking. Let him lay off tweets for a couple of weeks and then resume.

I agree it's a fine line he's walking and I have never agreed with him on Twitter but he is also the guy that is signing the paychecks so I doubt if the Polian's or Caldwell will tell him to lay off Twitter. When he Twits or whatever I can never tell what it is exactly he's saying anyway. JMO of course. lol

So what is the problem with an owner, our owner, actually being a fan? And what is wrong with having some fun on Twitter with the fans? I find it refreshing that he enjoys interacting with his fan base. And we actually get some communication, which is a LOT more than some fans get from their teams. And yes, maybe he is sending a message to his current QBs...again, I fail to see what is wrong with that. It's called "lighting a fire". I manage a business and sometimes you have to do things to shake your employees out of their comfort zone to get them to work up to their full potential. I also think that sometimes Irsay posts things just to mess with the media. While he isn't on the same level, I kinda view Irsay as Indy's version of Mark Cuban!

actually i like most of what Polian does, but this last message confuses me

Don't take me seriously, TubaGuy.... I know what Irsay is doing. Irsay also knows what he's doing. I'm just poking fun at him. I actually find it kinda' humorous....

I agree it's a fine line he's walking and I have never agreed with him on Twitter but he is also the guy that is signing the paychecks so I doubt if the Polian's or Caldwell will tell him to lay off Twitter. When he Twits or whatever I can never tell what it is exactly he's saying anyway. JMO of course. lol

Well, someone needs to impose a Twitter ban on him.

I can't wake up everyday and find my beloved Colts forum cluttered up with "backup QB" garbage all day. I can't do it. It'll drive me nuts.

Mr Irsay thats the problem with the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones thiks he has to be involved in everything. You have great people in this organization. Its obvious You have one of the greatest franchises. Let the Polians and Caldwell do the job you pay them for. Im sorry but Curtis Painter looks horrible.

I would hope that no owner would have such a inferiority complex.

Yeah, I seriously don't think that's the case. I just think Irsay's found a shiny, new toy that he can't put down. ;)

And really... Irsay should just be done with it and get an account here to post.

I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with it, he is just messing with the media. When he posts things like "who should we take as our vet to start in place of Manning", I don't think he means it seriously. I get the feeling he knows exactly what he is doing, he just enjoys messing with the media. Putting out that the team is looking for a vet QB causes pandemonium and the media loves it. I picture him posting something onto Twitter from his desk, then laughing while petting a black cat and rubbing his moustache...

I agree, I think Irsay is the coolest. But, i dont think he is twittering for our pleasure or to got closer to us. Sorry, if u listen to the radio these days hes got the media watching everything that comes off of his tweets now. He loves it.

I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with it, he is just messing with the media. When he posts things like "who should we take as our vet to start in place of Manning", I don't think he means it seriously. I get the feeling he knows exactly what he is doing, he just enjoys messing with the media. Putting out that the team is looking for a vet QB causes pandemonium and the media loves it. I picture him posting something onto Twitter from his desk, then laughing while petting a black cat and rubbing his moustache...

I agree, I think it's funny he can screw with the national media but at the same time it can, tease, confuse and worry Colts fans like us. Maybe it's a necessary evil, perhaps Irsay is a media ninja using deceptive tactics to tool with them? :trout:

Yeah, exactly... look how much chaos it's causing just on this forum....

Pure genius, I tell you.

well we all know peyton has a man crush on farve and i am pretty sure farve would be more then willing to step aside when peyton was ready with out any problems. who knows maybe we could even get farve to stick around as a qb coach or something. i dont care what anyone says about farve, he needs to be involved with the nfl. i dont want to see him get run out of the league because he was such an easy target the last few years for the media. farve was the nfl for a few years. just ask madden, lol.

I WILL say, if Peyton has to miss games or start the season on the PUP, I wouldn't mind bringing Favre in. We could really simplify our offense and work the short and medium passes hard (Because Favre can still make those) and then it would be epic at seasons end because the 49'ers won A Super Bowl with Montana and Young, and we could win one with Manning and Favre. Suck on that, San Francisco!

Wow, I am one of those people that is sick of hearing about Favre retiring/unretirings. However, I think he could be very useful for us until Peyton fully heals. He could help us win a game or 2 and keep in the playoff hunt until Manning is fully recovered. Favre would also have to love it to take Manning's streak away from him, which will only be broken if we go to an 18 game schedule down the road....I kind of like this talk. I don't know how I feel about that.

2 Tweets

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

Brad,I'm in Hattiesburg...is it right or left at the Firechief?

about 1 hour ago as of this posting

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

I'm in Mississippi,down at the crossroads....looking 4 that deal Mr. Johnson cut so many years ago....

My link

I am confused, which is easy for me to get. who is mr. johnson. is that woody johnson the ceo of the jets when they traded for farve? or am i an *. dont answer that.