41 members have voted

1. 1. What Does The Public Think

2. 2. Best Back Up Option

only putting this out there cause hes out there

hes better then painter,pryor,quinn,yada yada yada

bring him in to play back up drop painter take cpepper

its a win win

there isnt a downside

sure cpepper isnt what he used to be but hes 110% better then what we have at backup

its worth a shot!

Culpepper isn't what he used to be and what he used to be wasn't that great. I was a huge Vikings fan from the days of Jim McMahon, through Warren Moon, begrudgingly through Brad Johnson and during the start of Culpepper's "regime". Culpepper couldn't do anything but throw a Go route to Moss. Any kind of timing route was beyond him and that's all our receivers do is run crisp routes that rely on timing and accurate passing.

On the second part of the vote, the best choice out of those options imo would be Brady Quinn. Though if we're going to work on a trade with Denver they'd probably be more likely to part with Tebow than Quinn.

Why isn't there a "Don't worry about it because the FO is far smarter than us and is likely considering all of their best options just in case" option?

Did you ever notice that the more rational thoughts on this board, like the one you posted here, are generally not responded to? It seems that the ones that generate the most affirmed responses are the posts that are mind-numbingly off base.

Did you ever notice that the more rational thoughts on this board, like the one you posted here, are generally not responded to? It seems that the ones that generate the most affirmed responses are the posts that are mind-numbingly off base.

I've been noticing that more and more lately. :drink:

yeah my wild comment about jeff george yielded a response. but then again, you've gotten two responses

my brain just exploded

Your right, we should just shut done these blogs and just put up vote yes or maybe yes to every decision the FO makes. That sounds fun.

I have noticed that, although I think a lot of the comments turn into fans bashing other fans instead of an actual discussion about the topic presented.

Sometimes I think it would be best to ignore, not respond, and let it drift down the page.

I have not responded because I don't know anything about him but I have enjoyed the discussion. :)

Say that a little louder please J. :clap: Maybe someone will hear you.

Personally, I don't mind the idea of throwing in a late draft selection for Prior. If we get him, great, if not, oh well.

To me, that kid needs to sit for a few years and learn the skill of QB. He has plenty of potential, he just needs to take time and learn. Further, should we start to get bitten by the injury bug at WR, we could throw him out there as a fill in body to finish a game if needed. IE - Carry 4-5 receivers, and use Prior as the 6th should we get bitten by the bug.

Culpepper could be worth a look, but he's been out of the game for some time.

Quinn... yeah, you guys don't understand stocks that well, do you? You don't say... oh, wow, Quinn looks to be doing pretty well. Let me try to get him now that the world thinks he's rebounding, and he's under contract with another team. It'd make far more sense to look at a Tebow (or other) who is on the down and out right now. Someone who a team may not be interested in keeping.

Otherwise, you're simply throwing away mid-round draft picks for a guy who will need a new contract next year.

i still think we should give jeff george a call. he was a terrible starter, but one of the best backups to ever play the game

besides, can't we let bygones be bygones

I personally love jeff george,because he's a dear family friend of mine.He's awesome and got a bum rap back in the day.They blamed everything on him,which was unfortunate.I also know for a fact that he would play again if called upon.He never offically retired.

Funny thing,jeff george was recently looking for a tryout,says he can still throw the ball 70 yards.

When i was a boy,he(jeff george) would come to our school(pleasant run)and play ball with us.His mother worked there,so he would often bring lunch to her and play with us kids.I love that guy.He could actually throw a football over 90 yards(in the air).I caught a lot of his passes.

This is one, "let's get so and so..." thread that I am in agreement. I have never thought Culpepper was a great QB. But he is a good QB with a strong arm, accurate in the first 10 yards and is good at improvising when things break down. He's always had a problem with fumbles and at times he holds the ball too long, but he would be a nice veteran to back up Manning.