Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Going Crazy Over Qbs (Merged Threads)

NoFlyZone

I think Colts should bring in JaMarcus Russell if Peyton isnt able to play in the reg. season opener.

Didn't you just post a thread in NFL Gen saying that Russel was going back to college? First off, its generally desirable to post a link to a reference if you're going to make claims. But then when you post a thread that contradicts your first post just 20 minutes later, I can promise you, nobody is going to ever take you seriously.

LSU Sports Information Director Michael Bonnette tweeted yesterday that former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell would be returning to Baton Rouge to take classes in the fall. In his honor, we've cut you the opening credits of Welcome Back, JaMarcus.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/jamarcus-russell-going-back-school-smug-1591333/

Request close this garbage thread.

I think Colts should bring in JaMarcus Russell if Peyton isnt able to play in the reg. season opener.

This poster is just flat out trolling.

Look, does anyone seriously believe that he would not be an improvement over Painter and Orlovsky?

The fast answer to this is flat out NO!! All Russel ever had going for him was a big arm and nothing else. I really can't believe scouts get paid to provide information like they did with this kid. He screamed BUST BUST BUST!

If Al Davis didn't want him, I certainly don't want him on my team.

Right, but Al Davis didn't keep the best coach he's had in 8 years, either. So that's hardly an indicator of what's right or wrong in the NFL.

Look, does anyone seriously believe that he would not be an improvement over Painter and Orlovsky?

Yes, I believe that he's not an upgrade over Painter or the Big O.

Truth is, NO ONE WILL WORK IN THIS OFFENSE. Brady would struggle to .500 with this offense, in my opinion. Manning makes it work because he virtually created it. Too much precision, timing, mid-moment adjustments, etc., for any system QB to come in and pull it off. What are the chances of anyone (other than Manning) learning the system in two weeks, and then going out there and beating the Texans?

Seriously, people. Stop the back up QB talk. Would we really be willing to give up draft picks on a guy who would likely lose games and then be gone after a game or two? Not when we are trying to make the most of Manning's last five years.

If the Colts decide they need a different backup, I think it'd be because Painter and Orlovsky don't inspire even mediocrity and less because Peyton can't play. I have little doubt Peyton Manning will find a way to be out there come week 1.

If they want another backup, they won't trade for it. Too many of those guys have high price tags. Flynn, Tebow, Quinn, Elvis, and Olivia Newton John have all been discussed and they all have high price tags. Personally, I think they'll go after a FA career backup, like Patrick Ramsey or Jim Sorgi, if they go after anyone at all.

If the Colts decide they need a different backup, I think it'd be because Painter and Orlovsky don't inspire even mediocrity and less because Peyton can't play. I have little doubt Peyton Manning will find a way to be out there come week 1.

If they want another backup, they won't trade for it. Too many of those guys have high price tags. Flynn, Tebow, Quinn, Elvis, and Olivia Newton John have all been discussed and they all have high price tags. Personally, I think they'll go after a FA career backup, like Patrick Ramsey or Jim Sorgi, if they go after anyone at all.

Olivia Newton John is a proven leader with poise in the pocket and confidence. However, I question her ability to throw the deep ball. Doubt she would take the Vet min.

lol

Yes, but I agree. Cheap, low risk FAs have been the modus operandi all preseason long.

Seriously, What are you guys doing to come up with these topics? Just pulling up a list of FA QBs, closing your eyes and pointing at one?

JaMarcus Hustle was cut by the Raiders.. Let me repeat that: Cut. By the Raiders. The RAIDERS.

Yeah, I'm not touching that.