Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Larry Fitzgerald Signs A 8 Year 120 Million Contract

And unlike Albert Haynesworth, Fitzgerald will play how, where, and when the team wants him to. That's because Fitzgerald is a true football player, and he will do whatever his coach tells him to, period. He is a great personality, great sense of humor, great hands, in excellent shape, and still in his prime at the age of 27. What a great way for Arizona to place their faith in Fitzgerald for everything Fitzgerald has given them.

I wonder though if that one-handed preseason catch by Fitzgerald speed up the announcement though, lol. I bet when the owners saw that, they said, "Get me out my pen and paper NAOW!!!"

And unlike Albert Haynesworth, Fitzgerald will play how, where, and when the team wants him to. That's because Fitzgerald is a football player, and he will do whatever their coach tells them to

I wonder though if that one-handed preseason catch by Fitzgerald speed up the announcement though, lol. I bet when the owners saw that, they said, "Get me out my pen and paper NAOW!!!"

i knew when i saw that i wanted him on my fantasy team lol. traded reggie and desean for him to team him up with cal

Wow, that's a big contract. The only reason he signed it is because of the Kolb trade. If they didn't acquire a solid franchise QB, he told them he wasn't willing to sign an extension. Good for him, he is a wicked dude and a great football player. I really wish he had won the Super Bowl, hopefully he gets another chance...as along as it's not against the Colts. Ideally, it would be getting another chance to win, but this time as a Colt...but that will never happen

I really wish he had won the Super Bowl, hopefully he gets another chance...

It's a shame too, because do you remember Fitzgerald's awesome catch down the middle in the Superbowl? He was looking up at the Jumbotron and the replay was in slow motion as he was running untouched into the endzone. Awesome moment, but then the Cardinals defense collapsed. Furthermore, on the Harrison interception, it was Fitzgerald who ended up running A-L-L THE WAY downfield to make what could have been a TD-saving tackle. Really, the Cardinals players should have just gotten out of Fitzgerald's way so he could foot race Harrison! It seemed like Fitzgerald was tripping over his slower teammates!

It just seems like Fitzgerald really showed up to play, while half his team did not.

Shame to because do you remember Fitzgerald's awesome catch down the middle in the Superbowl? He was looking up at the Jumbotron and the replay was in slow motion as he was running untouched into the endzone. Awesome moment, but then the Cardinals defense collapsed. Furthermore, on the Harrison interception, it was Fitzgerald who ended up running A-L-L THE WAY downfield to make what could have been a TD-saving tackle.

he would have made the tackle too but he ran into his own teammate on the sideline

Well deserving of being the highest paid non-quarterback in the NFL. It goes Manning, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Fitz. He's definitely in good company. I feel CJ might overtake him for the #5 spot when he's done complaining about his rookie contract, but only time will tell.

No epic fail!!!! How can you guys respect this, first off he's a WR, they don't even have that great of a QB. I think they doomed to fail, yes he's deserving of $$$ but is any receiver deserving of $120,000,000 = no. I hope they fail so badly so I can continue to laugh at how much they are overpaying him. They could revamp Their whole team for that price and they will contunue to just be a mediocre team with a $120,000,000 player it makes me lol so badly. I can't see logically how any of you can't be lol right now. Talk about overpaid beyond comprehension, no WR deserves this much.

1137 yards last year!!!! Epic overpaid fail!!!! But to each his own looks like the Colts are going to have to sign Reggie to a4 year $60 million deal!!!

with three different garbage QBs.

with three different garbage QBs.

True, but your assuming Kolb, who was handedly beat out by a prison convict who had an extended leave of absence from football will not be garbage. I see Kolb being mediocre at best. Kolb unproven and a risk, none the less $120,000,000 is an absolute absurd amount of cash for a WR. Fortunately there division is so weak they migh have a shot of doing well, one and done in the playoffs at best with a $120,000,000 receiver lol...

No epic fail!!!! How can you guys respect this, first off he's a WR, they don't even have that great of a QB. I think they doomed to fail, yes he's deserving of $$$ but is any receiver deserving of $120,000,000 = no. I hope they fail so badly so I can continue to laugh at how much they are overpaying him. They could revamp Their whole team for that price and they will contunue to just be a mediocre team with a $120,000,000 player it makes me lol so badly. I can't see logically how any of you can't be lol right now. Talk about overpaid beyond comprehension, no WR deserves this much.

I'll not argue this ^.

I also don't agree with ATL mortgaging the farm for Julio Jones.

True, but your assuming Kolb, who was handedly beat out by a prison convict who had an extended leave of absence from football will not be garbage. I see Kolb being mediocre at best. Kolb unproven and a risk, none the less $120,000,000 is an absolute absurd amount of cash for a WR. Fortunately there division is so weak they migh have a shot of doing well, one and done in the playoffs at best with a $120,000,000 receiver lol...

Actually, Kolb was the starter and Vick was the backup to start the season. Vick became the starter only after Kolb got injured. Let the prison stuff go, pretty much everyone is over that. Vick stayed the starter because he simply performed better; Vick is one of the best QBs in the NFL. It's nothing major if he beat out Kolb, especially considering Vick played in the NFL for a number of (successful) years. Fitzgerald's contract is only around $50 mil guaranteed, they didn't give him the full $120 mil. His hard work and performance will determine how much he really gets and deserves.