Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Run Defense Stinks

krunk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps because that's what I was referencing?

LOL figured as much

Not only has the defensive line play been sub-par last week, with Mckinney now on IR we are super thin at the position. Again I believe the Achilles heel of this defense is gonna be the line. I feel that we will be scrapping the bottom of the barrel all year to acquire a d line and that is gonna suck when it comes to building chemistry within the line. Same can probably be said for the Oline but that is a different sore subject all together.

Hopefully the game against the bengals can be injury free because we cannot afford anymore injuries

My problem with everybody saying Freeney needs to be cut/traded/released is that he has been playing 1 way his entire 11-year NFL career. Now he is trying to learn a new system and people are already to cut him after 3 PRESEASON games. He's still learning the system.

How many people could start writing left handed right now and be as good as they are with their right? Its gonna take some time people. At least give him to the mid-way point of the season before you wanna throw him to the wolves.

Face it folks, with a new staff, new play book, and a lot of young and new faces everywhere, this team is going to have moments when they look awful, moments when they look very average, and moments when they shock us with greatness.

I'll gladly take a year of wild inconsistency while this team finds its identity this season. Next year they can fill a lot more holes, and we should have the pleasure of watching a much better and more consistent team then.

For now, if we can't be patient, we're going to face a great deal of frustration and disappointment. FWIW, I'd advise expecting the worst, and enjoying every moment that they exceed expectations.

Face it folks, with a new staff, new play book, and a lot of young and new faces everywhere, this team is going to have moments when they look awful, moments when they look very average, and moments when they shock us with greatness.

I'll gladly take a year of wild inconsistency while this team finds its identity this season. Next year they can fill a lot more holes, and we should have the pleasure of watching a much better and more consistent team then.

For now, if we can't be patient, we're going to face a great deal of frustration and disappointment. FWIW, I'd advise expecting the worst, and enjoying every moment that they exceed expectations.

glad you can be patient some people think you can just burn the field and throw some grass seed down and host a PGA tournament on the greens right away.

glad you can be patient some people think you can just burn the field and throw some grass seed down and host a PGA tournament on the greens right away.

Gotta admit that I was thrown by the team's performance in the first two games. Saturday just confirmed what I think most truly expected: this team is going to be inconsistent.

yeah, my excitement for fleener is starting to fade... and i catch myself looking at who was still on the board in the second rd. (knowing that allen would still be there in the 3rd)

Fleenor i thought was a Clark but with better speed. Arians is giving the group a lot of Blocking practice in games so far, but Fleenor isolated against Linebackers and safeties has got to be in our future.

Anyone else feel like Arians is telegraphing the run plays? A LOT! I know I do.

Not sure about this Fleenor kid, i have a feeling they are hiding something from us. I mean, what might happen is he has a break-out game vs. the Bears because we are tricking our oppenents into thinking he is not part of the main offense and that he is a bust. That would be so awesome if he came out and thrashed the Bears defense. Ok, I'm dreamin' a little bit.

The inside linebackers were not the problem in the run game on Saturday. The problem was with our outside backers, namely Freeney and Hughes, either not setting the edge or overpursuing. Moala and Mathews also got pushed back a little too much. I don't know why people hate AJ so much; he's played fine in every game. But if the ends and the outside backers don't keep the play contained, there's gonna be problems.

Haven't watched the Washington game yet my thought was bassed on the 1st two games, Again excluding the Washington game AJ I think has been a pleasant surprise so far & played well, with McKinney going down who's going to behind AJ is a BIG problem? I look forward to the watching last game I will let you know if I see what you did..

Haven't watched the Washington game yet my thought was bassed on the 1st two games, Again excluding the Washington game AJ I think has been a pleasant surprise so far & played well, with McKinney going down who's going to behind AJ is a BIG problem? I look forward to the watching last game I will let you know if I see what you did..

I'm even more surprised. What was wrong with the inside backers in the first two games? They were all over the place.

They are all around 5 yards down field ussaully not filling the gaps getting manhandled. Our inside guys ARE NOT BIG OR STRONG ENOUGH IMO. to take on guards.

I'm just seeing something completely different than you are. The defense is designed to keep the ILBs off of blocks from guards, so I don't understand what their size has to do with it in the first place.

The rund defense definetly needs help. The front 7 havent been getting the job done thus far. We have a good pass rushing line but they cannot stop the run and the linebackers arent doing a good job filling their holes. We need to get this worked out to help out Luck and the Offense.

My point exactly the OL is getting to our inside LB. Listening to Sirus NFL radio yesturday said the same thing our Inside backers are weak. Go back to opening pre season game Angerger just gets engolfed by a guard. Honestly WHICH inside backer is playing well? Freeman been OK but he is not meeting ballcarries in the hole or line of scrimage its 5 yards bown field. Conner has been inconsistant with angles or just get taken away by the wash. this type of defense usualy has inside backers at 240 to 265 strong strikers we don't & it will kill the Colts all year long