Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Redskins Preseason Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans! Our Indianapolis Colts are in Landover, Maryland, outside the Washington D.C. area, to play the Washington Redskins in their second straight preseason road game.. Both teams are 1-1, each seeking their second win in the 2012 NFL preseason.

Today's preseason game is unique, interesting, and should also be entertaining featuring the top two quarterbacks and selections in the recent 2012 NFL Draft playing opposite each other on the football field. Colts Andrew Luck, selected #1 overall selection in the 2012 NFL Draft from Stanford,, and the Redskins Robert Griffin who won the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner while a student athlete at Baylor, and makes his FedEx Field debut tonight. Indianapolis will also see former Colt Pierre Garcon, who signed with the Redskins in the off-season late March.

Colts currently lead the overall preseason series over the Redskins both in Baltimore and Indianapolis by 15-12-1. Redskins however, has won the last five preseseaon meetings, including their 16-3 victory over the Colts at Indianapolis back on August 19, 2011.

Colts also lead the overall regular season series 19 games to 10, and have defeated the Redskins in their last visit to Washington during the 2010 regular season, highlighted by Peyton Manning's 57-yard Iong TD pass, Joseph Addai's 13-yard TD run, and Adam Vinateiri's 33-yard FG to break the tie, and win for the Colts on Sunday Night, October 17, 2010.

Indiana broadcast veteran Don Fischer announces the live TV game play-by-play, along with former Colts QB Jim Sorgi providing the game analysis, and sideline reporter Jeffrey Gorman both simulcast locally over-the-air on WNDY My Network 23 in Indianapolis and Marion, on national cable for the NFL Network, and worldwide to our US military personnel on the Armed Forces Broadcast Network.

Bob Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and Will Wolford will also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter Kevin Lee, simulcast in Indianapolis on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network.

Scattered thunderstorms and partly cloudy skies at 77 degrees, feels like 79 degrees, is forecast for the 4:05PM Saturday afternoon kickoff from FedEx Field at Landover, Maryland, along with 64% humidity, 40% precipitation, and east/northeast winds at 10 miles per hour.

Colts will wear their matching white jerseys and pants as the visiting team, while the host Redskins will dress in their burgundy jerseys, and gold pants.

Both Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and the Colts and Redskins starting offense and defense units will play opposite each other through the first half, before the reserve players, drafted free agents, and signed veterans and free agents enter and play on the field the second half. Colts and Redskins coaching staffs will evaluate their players in the remaining course of today;s game as the reserves continue to audition, and showcase their talents on the field of play to earn themselves to the the final 53-man roster or practice squad. All NFL teams first major cutdown is from 90, to 75 players on Monday afternoon.

NO injuries to Andrew, RGIII, and all the Colts and Redskins players on the field in the battle of the 2012 NFL rookie quarterbacks and their teams, and Coach Chuck Pagano and the Colts try to win their second preseason, and road game by tonight. LET'S GO COLTS!!! :cheer::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::colts::coltsfb::1colts::helmet::blueshoe::D:cheer:

Colts @ Redskins NFL Gamecenter:

http://www.nfl.com/g...w&menu=gameinfo

Colts @ Redskins Press Release On Adobe PDF:

http://prod.static.c...lease-pre03.pdf

Colts @ Reskins Game Previews From The Indianapolis Star:

http://www.indystar....-plan-hold-back

http://www.indystar....mance-1-2-picks

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a fun one to watch. Just about EVERY football fan will be tuning into this one!

I want to see who will be makng an impact on special teams. Like LOS said, first cuts on Monday.

A lot of players playing for a spot.

Also, our second string has not really missed a beat in the previous two games. Will be interesting

to see if that will continue.

:blueshoe: GO COLTS! :blueshoe:

Thanks for the game day thread, LOS! I always enjoy and appreciate your opening post.

Am I understanding right that Don Fischer and Jim Sorgi will be the featured announcers ON NFLN's broadcast? Fingers crossed.

That is the Channel 23 Indy announcers NM.....not sure if NFLN has their own announcers...or may be using the Redskin's feed. NFLN is blacked out here in Southern Indiana.....Enjoy the game...are you going to be on the thread today?? It has been fun for us so far :)

This should be a fun one to watch. Just about EVERY football fan will be tuning into this one!

I want to see who will be makng an impact on special teams. Like LOS said, first cuts on Monday.

A lot of players playing for a spot.

Also, our second string has not really missed a beat in the previous two games. Will be interesting

to see if that will continue.

:blueshoe: GO COLTS! :blueshoe:

A post after my heart......SPECIAL TEAMS ROCK :HairOnFire: :HFire: I love the new special teams emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the Channel 23 Indy announcers NM.....not sure if NFLN has their own announcers...or may be using the Redskin's feed. NFLN is blacked out here in Southern Indiana.....Enjoy the game...are you going to be on the thread today?? It has been fun for us so far :)

Thanks Brent; yes I'll be here on the thread. You're at the game, right?

Anyone else think far too much is made of the QB duel? Luck never faces off against RG3 and vice versa. The two guys play against opposing defenses.

Plus RG3 will only have like 2 or 3 drives. It's getting a bit too hyped up.

personally don't see this as a comparison of the two QBs....schemes aren't going to be what we'll see during the regular season for offense or defense, and I don't see the skins drastically changing anything they did the last two weeks and RG3 suddenly airing it out 35 times. Eh...maybe I'm wrong though - that first pass was a deep one. I think Luck will look pretty good though and the colts should win. I'm guessing something like 31-24.