Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Goodell beleives in replacement refs! U serious bro?

P-Money

Better to say nothing at all in this situation. But then again he thinks his crap doesn't stink.

I am sure he was asked a direct question at this event. What is he going to say? No comment? If he just blows the question off then the refs can use that against the NFL saying look even your commish does not believe in the replacements.

Are we really going to overreact on this? He has to say this because if he says anything otherwise it compromises the NFL bargaining position. When you are bargaining with refs you do not go out and say I do not believe in our replacements refs and week one will be a disaster. Then the refs could hold the NFL over the fire even more then they are now.

I am sure he was asked a direct question at this event. What is he going to say? No comment? If he just blows the question off then the refs can use that against the NFL saying look even your commish does not believe in the replacements.

Are we really going to overreact on this? He has to say this because if he says anything otherwise it compromises the NFL bargaining position. When you are bargaining with refs you do not go out and say I do not believe in our replacements refs and week one will be a disaster. Then the refs could hold the NFL over the fire even more then they are now.

I agree, but it just seems silly now a multi billion dollar company fighting employeess over a couple million dollars... like you and me arguing over a buck or 2 lol

As someone here wisely stated.... he's got to say what he said....

Still.... the NFL is playing incredible hardball with the Refs unions.... this is not good, and could last into the regular season which would be BEYOND TERRIBLE!!!

Hoping both sides come to their senses and very, very soon!

I love the new refs. Add a level of excitement to the game! And I love that they seem to be calling less roughness penalties when receivers are going across the middle and more offensive holding.

Additionally, I'm in favor of the changes the NFL is trying to make that the ref union is fighting/resisting. I want more refs for the NFL to choose from and I want full-time refs. If the Union doesn't like that, they can go scratch, I says.

http://espn.go.com/n...ement-officials

Has he not watched any pre season games thus far? These refs have been slow and very confused on some simple penalties. Come On Man!!!!

But P-Money...

the regular refs are slow and confused....

..the bar is not set very high for the replacement refs......

...and the NFL is right on what the strike issues are..

Everybone expects the refs to be bad,,

I think the replacement refs bring comic relief to the game, even if unintentionally. Their overall confusion and incompetence makes me feel better about myself. At least when these guys make a bad call, they know they did wrong, the old refs thought they were infallible.

#trying to see the silver lining here

http://espn.go.com/n...ement-officials

Has he not watched any pre season games thus far? These refs have been slow and very confused on some simple penalties. Come On Man!!!!

I just dont think the refs matter that much....the ral refs arent that good to brag about...

I think the NFL is correct that NFL refs should be full time employees..if they want more benefits