Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Heck I dont think they would do that trade, Hunt has 2 sacks in 9 games plus hes younger plus he doesnt cost 14 million, We'd likely have to throw in a draft pick in my opinion, I'd be shocked if they did. My guess is this trade has to do with Redding going down. I dont know the extent of the injury but he did look in alot of pain

I agree. Cullen Jenkins can probably play the 3-4 DE like he plays the 4-3 DT and at 305 lbs, is suited for that 3-4 DE role.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck I dont think they would do that trade, Hunt has 2 sacks in 9 games plus hes younger plus he doesnt cost 14 million, We'd likely have to throw in a draft pick in my opinion, I'd be shocked if they did. My guess is this trade has to do with Redding going down. I dont know the extent of the injury but he did look in alot of pain

Redding is supposedly fine. Slight sprained MCL. Hunt IMO would not even fit our system, he is 4-3 DE not an OLB. And did I miss something that said this is a trade with the Eagles or is everybody just jumping to conclusions?

Redding is supposedly fine. Slight sprained MCL. Hunt IMO would not even fit our system, he is 4-3 DE not an OLB. And did I miss something that said this is a trade with the Eagles or is everybody just jumping to conclusions?

Hunt is with the Eagles but it wont be for him anyway but he is built like an OLB 6'0 248

It won't be Freeney. Eagles have an exceptional D-line, why would they add to it with someone on the wrong side of 30 and a huge contract?

Maybe they want the Giants' NASCAR package with 3 or 4 DEs in the 260 plus weight range for the rotation and Jenkins does not give them that??? :)

It won't be Freeney. Eagles have an exceptional D-line, why would they add to it with someone on the wrong side of 30 and a huge contract?

I think the giants have shown that you can't have to many quality D lineman, keeping those big guys fresh thats a huge plus. As far as why the Eagles would take an "older" player like Freeney, I think they are at a point they have to win now before the window closes on some of the older guys.

Ii hope is not MJD.

im ok with wallace but bah i dont think its such a big need.

I would love Jenkins, hanson, hunt, graham from the eagles

or a freaking RG that wont get kicked in the mouth

oh yea seymour would be fine too

I hope its Jenkins, but I doubt it. He's really the only guy that makes sense. Jenkins got into a screaming match with Reid the other day and Grigson and Pagano said they want guy's familiar playing in the 3-4 scheme. To my knowledge, Jenkins is the only one of their current guys that fits the mold. The rest of their DE's are 4-3 guys, and they are not gonna trade Fletcher Cox to us.

"The Professor" John Clayton just tweeted : Sounds like the Colts are working on a trade...They are looking for inside linebackers and CB's."

If he's right...I'd say the D-Lineman in question is Freeney for a CB. Not a D-lineman from the Eagles. If that's the case...I'm hoping it's Nnamdi or DRC. They've got Boykin who has done really well so far. I dunno...I hope it's not another no-namer.

Does Grigson realize there are 30 other teams out there he can also trade with? :facepalm:

Somebody give Grigson the phone numbers for the other 30 NFL teams

just be happy we are trying to improve our lineup. probably more trades this off season than the last 5 combined. Grigson is not complacent with where are team is. I love it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here is my most updated version...   Ballard trades 21st overall pick to NO for their 28th overall, and late 2nd round pick. (They make a move up for Mac Jones or Trask in this scenario.)    Round 1 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina - I would love to get Horn as our future #1 corner on this team. He has some Gilmore to his game and is a big physical corner which Ballard will love. Corner is such a big need longterm as Rhodes is up in age and Rock is no sure thing to stick with the team for the long haul.  Round 2 Pick 22: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan - Mayfield has the athleticism to play both RT and LT. He hopefully would be capable of challenging to start immediately at LT, and having Big Q next to him will help him out along the way. Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Joseph Ossai, DE/OLB, Texas - A very good overall DE here, in the mold of a Justin Houston. He is great at setting the edge, along with getting pressure as well. He may never be a dominant pass rusher, but playing alongside Buckner will help him get his double digit sacks. Round 4 Pick 22: Alim McNeill, DT, North Carolina State - Yes we already have Grover Stewart at NT, but having another great player to rotate in with both Buckner and him would be beneficial. And forget about teams running on them in goal line situations with Stewart, McNeill, and Buckner all on the field.    Round 5 Pick 21: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson - Ballard always seems to draft at least one Senior Bowl player, and I have a feeling Rodgers could be one of those guys. He is sneaky in finding ways to get open and find holes in the defense. He would make for a good slot WR if Campbell can't stay healthy.   Round 6 Pick 21: Marlon Williams, WR, Central Florida  - This guy reminds me of a poor man's AJ Brown. He has the size and after the catch ability to be a threat in the passing game. Round 7 Pick 21: Robert Hainsey, OT/OG, Notre Dame - Simply a depth pick here who can play both G and RT if desperate.  
    • He went roughly 4-6 weeks without speaking with his head coach.   Wentz doesn’t appear to connect all that well with fellow teammates.  He’s a little shy, quiet and maybe reserved.   Yes, if he plays great, the rest will matter less, but it will still matter.    Because QB is the most important position on any team,  leadership is a natural part of the job description.  It comes with the job.  Hopefully the exceptional culture on the team will help bring out the best in Wentz in and off the field.... 
    • Hasn't really accomplished anything to be deserving of a # he wants. Need to show me the money!
    • So Smith wants to play, and he wants a chance to win. So he should sign with a team where his best chance of playing is if the team benches their starter at the end of the season because they're not going to make the playoffs... ???   I'd love to have Alex Smith as our backup, but I don't think this is even close to the kind of situation he'll be looking for. I think San Francisco, potentially Houston, the Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Bears, all offer better opportunities for Smith to start. And there are a ton of teams that have legitimate playoff aspirations in 2021, including teams from that list.    If he wants to be a legitimate veteran backup on a good team, knowing that the better the team does, the less likely it is that he'll actually see the field, the Colts would be a great fit. But I don't think that's what he wants.   And that's before we even talk about the money.
    • Right now, those three cost ~$13M/year. After this, they will cost 4x that amount.   They deserve it...and will get it...but the cap situation is going to get very complicated with a QB under contract as well (if Wentz pans out). I don't envy Ballard and Bluem here.   Me personally...I would be very interested in at least finding out what type of premium draft capital I might be able to get for one of those players. Not saying I am looking to trade them at all...but there's more than one way to play it going forward and Ballard will explore options. It is just very difficult to outspend every team on the OL and carry a top 10 QB salary (if Wentz plays well enough to get extended) for an extended period.    
  • Members

• Flash7

Flash7 1,107

• BProland85

BProland85 1,388

• ztboiler

ztboiler 302

• Hammer

Hammer 163

• Onthefence

Onthefence 0

Rookie