Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaimie Thomas Cut

Andy

I bet $100 that Jaimie Thomas goes to another team and beasts.

Then everyone will asks "well why couldn't he do that HERE"?!?!

Based on what??? If he was good, he would have shown it in the ample chances he got in practice and pre-season the first 2 years, don't you think??

I trust the coaches here. It is time to trim the fat.

lol

You trust the coaches?

Yes, I do. All of them have learnt from the best (Christensen from Moore, Caldwell from Dungy, Metzelaars from Mudd) and are putting their own tweaks to a system that has been in place for years. They have not drastically altered things to allow for continuity for the most part (unlike fans who have knee jerk reactions to rip things apart :facepalm: ) and utilized the veterans to tutor the young ones.

So, yes, I trust the coaches, better than I trust the fans. Sorry that it does not float your boat.

Yes, I do. All of them have learnt from the best (Christensen from Moore, Caldwell from Dungy, Metzelaars from Mudd) and are putting their own tweaks to a system that has been in place for years. They have not drastically altered things to allow for continuity for the most part (unlike fans who have knee jerk reactions to rip things apart :facepalm: ) and utilized the veterans to tutor the young ones.

So, yes, I trust the coaches, better than I trust the fans. Sorry that it does not float your boat.

Ive noticed the colts have had some really great coaches and when i mean great i mean great... When you hear from tommie harris that John terlink idk if i spelt that right is one of the best defensive line coaches in his era thats saying quite alot... That kinda shows you how much fans take for granted the players and coaches. If the colts were to go like another 3-13 i see that shaking of alot of "fans".

Thomas is much bigger than the guards the Colts usually draft, so I was hoping he could make an impact. A bit disappointing, but I'm assuming it says more about Reitz and McClendon stepping up and Diem having new life at guard than it does about Thomas. The line looks a bit better, and you can't keep everyone.

By the way, Thomas blocked for Eagles running back LaSean McCoy in high school in Harrisburg. PA. My former boss (a devoted Eagles fan) is a graduate of the same school, so I was always keenly aware of Thomas's presence on the Colts. Of course I left that job and with every free agent signing (starting with Vick) I've hated the Eagles more and more, so it's just as well that Thomas is gone(g).