Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton having Arms Issues?

NewColtsFan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey what's up!!! It's football season again!!! So I'm here!!!!!!

Time extremely limited so do alot on Broncos training , Read colts football but are so many posters there 1 more wont matter & with limited time and with difficulty I sometimes have in posting it helps save time if I just read & not post unless something really gets me going

Also have posted a few things on miscellaneous, its often an escape from reality, take care, going to get off and run errands before colt game, its on my local TV, though with computer on it may look like I am still here

Barry

Hey what's up!!! It's football season again!!! So I'm here!!!!!!

PS , Colts always first since 4 for me too, but would love Peyton to win a ring or 2 and then have Luck clean up with his own

Unfortunately with injuries and other issues and those lost in off season don't think can happen,Think teams will play keep away as no run d , other D issues & like when Peyton Had knee surgery it took 6 games to become himself & that was with familar receivers and saturday directing traffic of OL

so surely wont win this year I hate to say but can hope., Hope he plays well, has great comback, and no more injuries and be happy with that too

Next year Colts will have ton of cap space to make moves

Bye now

Like I said, I don't think he can make that throw right now. I will believe it when I see it.

You may well be right. I guess my point was that don't know because we haven't seen him try. I don't think that the clips you posted are the same thing. Anyway, it may not make much difference. It looks like he can still pick defenses apart, and he can still toss it deep enough to keep them honest.

When I saw this on tv I thought that Peyton had seriously overthrown the receiver, and I've considered this "the only bad pass I've seen from him so far". The apologetic comments from the receiver about "short-arming the ball" made no sense to me. Now that I've had a chance to watch it a few more times, I think that that's exactly what happened. The receiver was concerned with getting hit and he didn't extend at all. Sure it looked a bit wobbly, but that could have been a reception, or at a minimum the receiver could have deflected it. Far from the "he lobbed it strait to the defender" scenario that I had imagined.

Those kind of passes went to Dallas all the time. I think if Clark was the receiver it wouldn't have been a pick.

Throw at :57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPx8gNijRTA&feature=player_detailpage#t=57s

That tight end put in minimal effort on that play. If he goes air born he might have even hauled it in.

You see him stop himself, and it may have been for the better. Risk an injury, or have a pre-season stat look bad. In the video Peyton makes the same exact throw to Stokley except Brandon makes an effort.

Told you here.

http://forums.colts....-with-that-arm/

You have plenty of posts on this forum. Maybe you should pay better attention.

So, here's a question, Doc....

Did you go up and down that long thread and respond to anyone and everyone who wondered and doubted your prognosis, or did you just single me out with your "told you so"??

It's precisely because I have plenty of posts that I don't go around keeping tabs on what every person says....

But you seem to want props.....

So, here they come..... :thmup:

Honestly..... on your first post, I missed the part where you're a neurologist.... I simply thought you were another fan, like most of us.... if I had known you were a neurologist, I would have given your post more credence....

My apologies.... :worthy:

Hope we're square now.....

No problem. We're all good!!

And PM looked good...did you see the 38 yard throw or the down and out....16 or 18....I still think the air in Dever makes a diff.....I hit a baseball 500 ft there once......rarely over 400 here. Let me know your thoughts if you have time Dr.

And PM looked good...did you see the 38 yard throw or the down and out....16 or 18....I still think the air in Dever makes a diff.....I hit a baseball 500 ft there once......rarely over 400 here. Let me know your thoughts if you have time Dr.

Great read on the one-on-one with the RB, I would have never thought that was where Peyton would go but he went there and threw it right on the money to Lance Ball on the right for 38 yards. To me, more than the TD throws, that was THE BEST throw of Peyton's afternoon. :)

Honestly..... on your first post, I missed the part where you're a neurologist.... I simply thought you were another fan, like most of us.... if I had known you were a neurologist, I would have given your post more credence....

My apologies.... :worthy:

Hope we're square now.....

And in related news, did I ever mention that I was an Admiral in the, uh, Mexican, uh, infantry during the, uh, Charge of the Light Brigade?

Im going out on a limb here,but watched Broncos,49ers game if they stay healthy,I personally think they contend for SB,I think PM looks pretty dog gone good,arm might not be 100 % but with his mind its close enough,and the running game with it :thmup: The D is no slouch either

Im going out on a limb here,but watched Broncos,49ers game if they stay healthy,I personally think they contend for SB,I think PM looks pretty dog gone good,arm might not be 100 % but with his mind its close enough,and the running game with it :thmup: The D is no slouch either

They have a brutal schedule this year, but if they could win 8 with Tebow they should contend for a championship with Peyton. They look really good.

I loved when Peyton stood tall in the pocket and got hammered while delivering the perfect 40 yard touch pass to Ball. Jumped right back up like he's never even heard of spinal fusion.

the Achilles heel as I see it is not the starters but lack of depth for game rotation and injuries

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is depth issue on d discussed

overall scouts and personnel executives around the league don't see regression after watching the Broncos in the preseason.

What they see, for the most part, is a team that has played dominant at times when its starters are against other people's starters in this preseason — the busted coverage on the Alex Smith-to-Vernon Davis touchdown Sunday not withstanding. But they also see a team that doesn't have much depth to work with at this point.

Where the Broncos' draft misses of some seasons gone by, particularly in 2009 and 2010, are most evident is in the overall strength of the depth chart.

It's going to take what John Elway has referred to as "stacking good draft after good draft."

That's where they are on defense. The shortcomings in the preseason are not related to scheme, they're related depth.

So, in the end, NFL people see a Broncos defense with big potential, particularly in the pass rush with Dumervil, Von Miller and rookie Derek Wolfe giving Jack Del Rio three major pieces to move around the field. That's something many teams don't have. They see a somewhat rejuvenated Champ Bailey after Manning's arrival and see speed overall.

They also see what you do, Dileep: a lack of depth. That lack will be an issue if the veterans don't hold up, permitting suspect tackling at times in the middle of the field to turn short gains into big plays.

IS MORE TO ARTICLE

re:Broncos defense rich in potential while somewhat wanting for depth - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...h#ixzz24vbesWOZ

The distance between potential and reality will be covered rapidly this season. The Broncos are going to know if their defense is what they hope it can be before they reach Halloween

. By the time the kids go out to trick or treat, the Broncos will already have faced Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

e:Broncos hope third guy is the charm in their pass rush - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21422331/broncos-hope-third-guy-is-charm-their-pass#ixzz24vebSDyU