Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Painter For 1St Rd Pick?

Mrfox

Let's chew on this for perspective: Josh Campell was traded from the Redskins to Oakland for a 4th rounder in the 2012 draft. This trade occurred the draft before last. This is despite Campell starting for several seasons, and while he wasn't impressive, he isn't what I would call atrocious either. Furthermore, Oakland is considered the most relaxed team regarding the trading away of their draft picks. Campell also has tons of learning experience in a variety of offensive systems (for better or worse - some say this confused him). All this for only a 4th rounder in 2012?

My guess?: Curtis Painter isn't worth anything on the trade market, possibly not even free agency. If he was released, I'm not convinced anyone would sign him. The only reason he makes a team is via free agency and if he stays under $800k for a 1yr contract and if he's willing to cough up information about Manning and the Colts.

Let's chew on this for perspective: Josh Campell was traded from the Redskins to Oakland for a 4th rounder in the 2012 draft. This trade occurred the draft before last. This is despite Campell starting for several seasons, and while he wasn't impressive, he isn't what I would call atrocious either. Furthermore, Oakland is considered the most relaxed team regarding the trading away of their draft picks. Campell also has tons of learning experience in a variety of offensive systems (for better or worse - some say this confused him). All this for only a 4th rounder in 2012?

My guess?: Curtis Painter isn't worth anything on the trade market, possibly not even free agency. If he was released, I'm not convinced anyone would sign him. The only reason he makes a team is via free agency and if he stays under $800k for a 1yr contract and if he's willing to cough up information about Manning and the Colts.

you obviously did not get the point of this topic.

Curtis is absolutely worth a first round pick.... whoever he is starting for is guaranteed to have the #1 pick overall next year.....

Curtis is absolutely worth a first round pick.... whoever he is starting for is guaranteed to have the #1 pick overall next year.....

Yeah but if a team trades for him he's not going to be starting for them. Whoever they have now will be starting for them.

Wow people get on Polian on these forums for his "bad" moves. Just think how mad the fans would be that got Painter for any pick. I don't even think Al Davis is stupid enough to offer anything for Painter. It's not gonna happen, we are stuck with him until we cut him or his contract expires.

We will lose very game that Painter starts. If he played all 16 games he would have 3 touchdowns 30 interceptions and an accuracy of 20%

You're giving him way too much credit. No way he would have 3 TD's and 30 int. is huge under estimation. More like 60-70 int's with an accuracy of 7% or less.

Wow, the people responding to this post are kinda dense, man! I thought it was funny. Not one person saw you where just making a silly joke and they all responded like you really meant we could get a 1st round pick in return for him in a trade. Sheesh! I got it, dude. Better luck on your next joke!

Wow, the people responding to this post are kinda dense, man! I thought it was funny. Not one person saw you where just making a silly joke and they all responded like you really meant we could get a 1st round pick in return for him in a trade. Sheesh! I got it, dude. Better luck on your next joke!

Plenty of people understood it. Some made their own jokes on top of it..

What you dont think painter is worth a 1st round pick?

look at it this way.... if painter were our starter, we would be picking #1 overall in next years draft.....

Bill Belichick could probably actually make a deal like the one you are suggesting especially if Al Davis is conscious enough to pick up the telephone. There is no one better at making these kind of deals than Belichick. He'd probably get the 1st rounder and then trade it down to get a second, a third, and 2 contingent picks for next year!

Painter might end up a traitor...Never trust a Purdue grad. lol