Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would you pick start your own NFL Franchise?

JimJaime

Ok think like an owner who would your TOP 5 picks be if you could choose anyone in the NFL currently.

Mine:

Rogers -- Young Stud QB proven winner

Megatron -- Make Rogers life easier

Mankins -- Best Guard in the game, good O line leader

Suggs -- Great D player

Reavis -- Best CB

oK WHO WOULD YOUR TOP 5 BE?

Interestingly, Peter King of Sports Illustrated said he would prefer Luck to every QB other than Rodgers to start a team on. Quite a compliment. My team:

Rodgers - arguably the best QB in the league with several years left.

Megatron - Rodgers to Megatron = profit

Revis - Can shut down any corner

Jake Long - Keep Rodgers on his feet, plenty of years left

Haloti Ngata - Makes every other D-liner much better through the work he puts in. As well as being brilliant himself he makes everyone around him play better, would help out the team as a whole.

You didn't specify AFC or NFC. So I'll pretend I'm Irsay for the AFC. I'll take Brady,Wallace, Gronk, Suggs and Foster. Gives me a good shot at going undefeated since I just severely handicapped some good teams. If I'm a NFC owner lets say Jerry Jones I would take Rodgers,Graham, Megatron, Peterson and Fitz. Get ya some!!

Ok think like an owner who would your TOP 5 picks be if you could choose anyone in the NFL currently.

Mine:

Rogers -- Young Stud QB proven winner

Megatron -- Make Rogers life easier

Mankins -- Best Guard in the game, good O line leader

Suggs -- Great D player

Reavis -- Best CB

oK WHO WOULD YOUR TOP 5 BE?

a guard? seriously?

Honestly great players guys! As I was looking at those names/players I realized they were just kids a few years ago and now must be molded into men! Not taking away from your thread JJ but I think I would take a long and hard look at my administrative and coaching staff first. Heck maybe I'd also add a personal/professional development position. Sorry I don't know the GM's but as HC names such as Tomlin and Dungy come to mind.

Sorry JJ and guys if I got off-track a little I'll try to stay within the lines!

Rodgers or Luck

Calvin

Foster

Revis

Patrick Willis

IMO RB's are a dime a dozen tho some have are difference makers...

I just don't consider Foster a "diff maker" Ben Tate looked real good too last season. Can you say "time share in Houston?"

But Adrian Peterson can do it with nobody helping him out. He is the ONLY back in the NFL I would take early.

Ray Rice is pretty good also.

Great backs just don't come along very often.

Assuming I have an early pick. It's got to be QB

Rodgers/Stafford/Luck.

If I'm picking in the middle rounds I'd be aiming for defensive play playmakers.

Willis/Ware/Allen

If I'm picking in the back, I go for pure upside and or position scarcity.

Suh/Hali/or OL

I'm suprised at the # of you selecting WR. With a top 5 pick. Sure Calvin is mega talented, and arguably the best at his position (Still think Fitz is), but I couldn't pull the trigger on that. Not when I can grab a Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Julio Jones, AJ Green etc several rounds later. Or even grab a Bowe type, whom I'd handcuff to a Vernon David type. In say the 7-8th rds or much later.

Assuming I have an early pick. It's got to be QB

Rodgers/Stafford/Luck.

If I'm picking in the middle rounds I'd be aiming for defensive play playmakers.

Willis/Ware/Allen

If I'm picking in the back, I go for pure upside and or position scarcity.

Suh/Hali/or OL

I'm suprised at the # of you selecting WR. With a top 5 pick. Sure Calvin is mega talented, and arguably the best at his position (Still think Fitz is), but I couldn't pull the trigger on that. Not when I can grab a Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Julio Jones, AJ Green etc several rounds later. Or even grab a Bowe type, whom I'd handcuff to a Vernon David type. In say the 7-8th rds or much later.

I don't know if this was a draft scenario; but if you want to make it one, I think I can clarify. Imagine you have picks number:

Round one, pick one (one overall)

Round one, pick two (two overall)

Round one, pick three (three overall)

Round one, pick four (four overall)

Round one, pick five (five overall)

and no other picks. There are no trades, and everyone is available. Who do you take?

I don't know if this was a draft scenario; but if you want to make it one, I think I can clarify. Imagine you have picks number:

Round one, pick one (one overall)

Round one, pick two (two overall)

Round one, pick three (three overall)

Round one, pick four (four overall)

Round one, pick five (five overall)

and no other picks. There are no trades, and everyone is available. Who do you take?

Oh man. The first 5 overall picks.

Rodgers.

Joe Thomas

Carl Nicks

Revis

Patrick Willis

I think with those first 3 picks I'd already have a top 5 off regardless of who the WR or RB happens to be. Then in the remaining 2 picks, I'd start one heck of a def.

IMO RB's are a dime a dozen tho some have are difference makers...

I just don't consider Foster a "diff maker" Ben Tate looked real good too last season. Can you say "time share in Houston?"

But Adrian Peterson can do it with nobody helping him out. He is the ONLY back in the NFL I would take early.

Ray Rice is pretty good also.

Great backs just don't come along very often.

Yeah, true. I'd rather take Long or Ngata. I thought of that right after I posted it