Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I for one am seriously excited! Are you? :)

BrentMc11

Shaub goes down...Leinart.....then Yates comes in and plays well.....you are spot on Qwiz! Helps having that D.....something we will get used to soon!!

Yeah, it feels good to finally have balance lol. Can't wait to see how big 12 plays against us, should be a true test, a lot like the Chicago game.

Yeah, it feels good to finally have balance lol. Can't wait to see how big 12 plays against us, should be a true test, a lot like the Chicago game.

I am out of likes for some reason!! I am so glad the game is at 4 PM Saturday.....I cannot wait to put my roster analysis hat on.....HMMMMM I don;t have one...:) Guess I need a new era Colts cap! :) As the post says...I am seriously excited....

I forgot you were a Texan fan....time for a good old fashioned divisional rivalry...like with the Titans and Air McNair....love the Texas's Defense...always liked Kubiak,,,,glad he was given a full shot to succeed, I will not even discuss Foster...WHAT A FIND!!!!

I forgot you were a Texan fan....time for a good old fashioned divisional rivalry...like with the Titans and Air McNair....love the Texas's Defense...always liked Kubiak,,,,glad he was given a full shot to succeed, I will not even discuss Foster...WHAT A FIND!!!!

Foster basically got his start from playing against us lol.

Yep, a diamond in the rough. Came just when we needed him. Kubiak and Schaub's fates are tied together here, SB or nothing lol. For the record, I despise the Titans too hahaha.

Our run defense did not hurt the young man's confidence did it ahha027??? :) The Colt killer for 12 straight years.....the delayed draw. HA HA!

Definitely not. His first game was against us ( at least I'm pretty sure it was) and he had almost 200 yards.

I am sorry I am not going to say a second year QB who is starting to figure things out is a late bloomer. I'd say that is frankly normal. Guys who did things like Cam, Andy, and frankly Peyton are the exception to the rule.

This is the best point made today....

We're going to find oiut thus year and the majority of rookie QBs have more hard times than happy days...

Yeah, Yates did a great job under the circumstances, but even with your defense Schaub has to be on the field for the Texans to go a long way. Maybe this is his year.

One could argue that at times Yates' athleticism helped us out of sticky situations that Schaub wouldn't have been able to. You could be right though. Schaub is much better at reads and getting the ball to the right place, whereas Yates threw costly interceptions. I believe that this is the year. One ring and all the sub-par quarterback talk stops, unless he gets the Eli Treatment lol.

One could argue that at times Yates' athleticism helped us out of sticky situations that Schaub wouldn't have been able to. You could be right though. Schaub is much better at reads and getting the ball to the right place, whereas Yates threw costly interceptions. I believe that this is the year. One ring and all the sub-par quarterback talk stops, unless he gets the Eli Treatment lol.

He will. If the Texans win the Superbowl, the credit will go to Foster and the Defense.

I still expect the Texans to own the South this year. Frankly it's not unrealistic to think that they are going to be fighting for home field in the playoffs this year. With that said going forward I think things could get very interesting. I really think that if the Colts have another good draft and spend their free agency cash wisely they could easily make a jump much like Manning's Colts made the second year of his career. If Locker and Gabbert are who the Titans and Jags thought they were when they drafted them they could also make a big leap forward. So maybe not this year but next year I think the South could be extremely interesting.

The Texans should be fighting for homefield advantage this season, but I just don't think they will. On paper they look good, but when it comes to critical times during critical games, it hasn't paid to count on them. Until Schaub shows something has changed, then I don't see them competing at crunch time. I see the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers and maybe even the Broncos and Jets as teams that are real threats in the playoffs.

and Jets as teams that are real threats in the playoffs.

The Jets above the Texans? Im not sure about the Broncos but atleast if Peyton proves healthy that could be realistic.

The Jets O was bad last year and it looks worse this year so far.

The Texans should be fighting for homefield advantage this season, but I just don't think they will. On paper they look good, but when it comes to critical times during critical games, it hasn't paid to count on them. Until Schaub shows something has changed, then I don't see them competing at crunch time. I see the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers and maybe even the Broncos and Jets as teams that are real threats in the playoffs.

Eh, Broncos and Jets aren't there yet. Give Manning a year and then maybe they'll be in the conversation, but the Jets no way Jose. Not saying they won't make the postseason, but I'd still take the Texans, a much better team overall, over them. I think we pair up well with the best of the best, New England, as well.

Shaub goes down...Leinart.....then Yates comes in and plays well.....you are spot on Qwiz! Helps having that D.....something we will get used to soon!!

Leinhart I believe is no longer with the Texans. Yates is maybe the best back up in the NFL but now we have a good one for a change.

Leinhart I believe is no longer with the Texans. Yates is maybe the best back up in the NFL but now we have a good one for a change.

Correct...I watched him play and get hurt on one of his first drives the other night...for the Raiders......has a laceration on his finger....no biggy...I love seeing kids like Yates succeed....just shows what good coaching and hard work can do......:)