Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I for one am seriously excited! Are you? :)

BrentMc11

I happened upon a positive article in Bleacher report...yes it is Bleacher Report, but I love folks shedding a positive light on our Indianapolis Colts. We have said IT IS PRESEASON until we are blue in the face......but the intensity has been superb. Enjoy the article....I did :)

http://bleacherrepor...ianapolis-colts

I love thinking of this team as a sleeper, and just how good will we be when we play Houston weeks 15 and 17?

I have said BEFORE pre-season even started I saw the Colts as a 7-9 or 8-8 team which is a HUGE jump with all the new faces IMO. But I am sticking with that prediction.

I have loved your optimism if I have not told you! If the team plays hard in all three phases....and injuries are at a minimum....we will thoroughly enjoy the product on the field. Once again....love your optimism JimJamie!!!

I was listening To Cowherd, I think, and another talking head was on the phone and he thinks Colts will be 4th in the division.

Laughable, considering the Jags.

Was it Peter King, Joker.....???? I had the the Herd on, but muted making phone calls. Peter King is usually pretty good, but he apparently has not seen the intensity the Colt are bringing...and we have not seen Mathis and Freeney get a good run at the QB....from the stand up position at full speed...Can you say OUCH? :)

Im anxious to see what the O Line will look like come week 1, Mcglynn and Justice have both been projected to start week 1 but since Mcglynn went down Seth Olsen has stepped in nicely.Granted most of my attention has been on our defense especially Nose Tackle in the Pitt game, its amazing to know what a person can see just by watching parts of the game over and over especially slowing the game down

I was listening To Cowherd, I think, and another talking head was on the phone and he thinks Colts will be 4th in the division.

Laughable, considering the Jags.

Cowherd is a clown, he constantly changes his predictions and never admits if he is wrong. Watch, if the Colts somehow beat the Bears(which I highly doubt will happen, but it would be awesome), he will say that he told everyone all along that the Colts are going to be much better than predicted and could win the AFC South.

Back onto the original topic, I am still going with 5-6 wins, although this team does already look better than expected, even if it is only preseason. While alot of the areas are improved, especially the defense, coaching,and of course the offense. There will be alot of rookie mistakes, mainly in the receiving core and QB. I think these mistakes will cost the Colts some games and make it very difficult for them to have a winning record. Although crazier things have happened, and the AFC South is very soft minus the Texans, I am not expecting them to have a winning record and/or win the division.

Im anxious to see what the O Line will look like come week 1, Mcglynn and Justice have both been projected to start week 1 but since Mcglynn went down Seth Olsen has stepped in nicely.Granted most of my attention has been on our defense especially Nose Tackle in the Pitt game, its amazing to know what a person can see just by watching parts of the game over and over especially slowing the game down

Me too....and like we both said yesterday, Tepper has surprised....and big George Foster is just enormous on that left side behind Castonzo.

Jags look better in preseason than the Colts.

I mean, we're going off of preseason, right?

That is all we have to go on Vance. Gabbert and Justin Blackmon have 'hooked up' haven't they? I wish I could see your Texans play...have not as yet.

Back to the Colts....the Steeler game was a good opponent and a good challenge....love how hard the Colts are playing.

Edited by BrentMc11

That is all we have to go on Vance. Gabbert and Justin Blackmon have 'hooked up' haven't they? I wish I could see your Texans play...have not as yet.

Back to the Colts....the Steeler game was a good opponent and a good challenge....love how hard the Colts are playing.

I'm just saying, if you're going to use preseason games as a base for how the season may go, you can't discount what the Jaguars have done so far, when they've looked just as good if not better.

I'm just saying, if you're going to use preseason games as a base for how the season may go, you can't discount what the Jaguars have done so far, when they've looked just as good if not better.

I totally agree....Maybe Gabbert is a late bloomer....unlike Cam and Andy D...good point. :)

Not saying your wrong but I trust less in what the Jags have done preseason , compared to the Colts, because they haven't had much turnover. Why expect them to be any different than years past? Guess we will have to wait and see.

I think Gabbert just needed a #1 receiver plus a year under his belt obviously helps

A good receiver helps that confidence doesn't it Gav? Maybe you were correct all along on the Browns and lack of receivers for McCoy....he was actually throwing pretty well last week too.

Not saying your wrong but I trust less in what the Jags have done preseason , compared to the Colts, because they haven't had much turnover. Why expect them to be any different than years past? Guess we will have to wait and see.

The defense was there last year. Offense wasn't. Gabbert has looked poised and Blackmon has made a good showing.

A good receiver helps that confidence doesn't it Gav? Maybe you were correct all along on the Browns and lack of receivers for McCoy....he was actually throwing pretty well last week too.

yep cant throw it to receivers that cant get open or drop balls

I happened upon a positive article in Bleacher report...yes it is Bleacher Report, but I love folks shedding a positive light on our Indianapolis Colts. We have said IT IS PRESEASON until we are blue in the face......but the intensity has been superb. Enjoy the article....I did :)

http://bleacherrepor...ianapolis-colts

I love thinking of this team as a sleeper, and just how good will we be when we play Houston weeks 15 and 17?

Lets wait and see how we play in Chicago...

I think the entire division is going to be more competitive, and that the AFC South title won't be decided until very late in the season. All of the teams are looking improved.

I agree, the AFC South was one of the worst divisions last year other than the Texans. This year, we will be much improved over all.

I totally agree....Maybe Gabbert is a late bloomer....unlike Cam and Andy D...good point. :)

I am sorry I am not going to say a second year QB who is starting to figure things out is a late bloomer. I'd say that is frankly normal. Guys who did things like Cam, Andy, and frankly Peyton are the exception to the rule.

I am very excited for the season mostly because I think this is a team that even after loses we are going to feel good about the future where as last year you could see that team was going no where. I am still saying about 6-10. I think we have a fairly easy schedule mostly at home but I also think it's going to take some time for the Colts to learn to win like all teams have to figure out.

I think the entire division is going to be more competitive, and that the AFC South title won't be decided until very late in the season. All of the teams are looking improved.

I still expect the Texans to own the South this year. Frankly it's not unrealistic to think that they are going to be fighting for home field in the playoffs this year. With that said going forward I think things could get very interesting. I really think that if the Colts have another good draft and spend their free agency cash wisely they could easily make a jump much like Manning's Colts made the second year of his career. If Locker and Gabbert are who the Titans and Jags thought they were when they drafted them they could also make a big leap forward. So maybe not this year but next year I think the South could be extremely interesting.

I find it hard to get excited over someone's opinion. I AM however, excited for the colts this year, but I don't need some yahoo from East Bumblebuck USA that writes for the vaunted bleacher report to get me going. But hey, whatever.

HA HA!......I did say it was Bleacher Report......We can still be excited :) Funny comment though!!!

I am sorry I am not going to say a second year QB who is starting to figure things out is a late bloomer. I'd say that is frankly normal. Guys who did things like Cam, Andy, and frankly Peyton are the exception to the rule.

I only said that due to the success of Dalton, Newton, Ponder and even Yates in Houston(1 or 2 others).....not to mention 3 QBs over 5,000. With today's rules good rookies should succeed. Your point, however is well taken over the course of time...as QBs have developed...see Aaron Rodgers sitting behind....you know who :)

I don't see how anyone couldn't be excited. Just watching Luck play pumps me up like crazy.

I watched the game again last night.....you wanna talk about crazy? I wanted to see Jerry Brown again....and the utilization of Reggie Wayne in motion. I also saw the OL going after folks....you see so many things...slowing down and analyzing...love it!

haha, at least though their backup QBs were capable of doing something unlike ours last year.

No argument here, but they did lose to us late in the season. More importantly, if our QBs had been capable, we would not have #12 and I have to say enduring 1 miserable season will be more than worth that.

We will all count the wins and losses but what this year should be about it what the organization and staff does with the personnel. With most of the former players gone we need to see unity, deterimination, swagger, and "no quit" during and after a defeat. Just as long as they imrove that should be a good season. Looking at game game 14 should be markedly different from the first quarter of the season. Games 14 and 16 are against the Texans and it would be great to watch the Colts make the Texans pull out all stops to win a spot in the playoffs. I wish I could attend the home games after the embarrassing debacle last season. REAL fans stick with their teams through the bad times much like Cub fans and marriage "for better and worse". "Build The Monster"

We will all count the wins and losses but what this year should be about it what the organization and staff does with the personnel. With most of the former players gone we need to see unity, deterimination, swagger, and "no quit" during and after a defeat. Just as long as they imrove that should be a good season. Looking at game game 14 should be markedly different from the first quarter of the season. Games 14 and 16 are against the Texans and it would be great to watch the Colts make the Texans pull out all stops to win a spot in the playoffs. I wish I could attend the home games after the embarrassing debacle last season. REAL fans stick with their teams through the bad times much like Cub fans and marriage "for better and worse". "Build The Monster"

Tried to like....being a Cub fan...with you...7-9.....6-10.....this team WILL play hard and surprise....then we can bring in talent next year and start kicking 'it.' :)