Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are locker room pranks hazing?

jvan1973

Physics? 6'0 207 vs. 6'5 278... assuming JPP is the one that did it each of those 8 times.

Even if I was undersized, I'd be headed to that pool swinging.. The first time.

Lots of small guys can hold their own... If i didnt want to go in, id be pulling hair or gouging eyes if i had to.

I grew up with 3 older brothers.. Getting dunked in a kiddie pool would have been the least of my worries. It toughened me up though.

I only have one brother and he was too young for me to fight with and stuff, but grew up with a close group of friends that could up throwing hands at any point in time.. It got so bad that one friends dad brought home 4 sets of boxing gloves... He had 3 sons... So the basement became a boxing/wrestling ring... This pre-dated MMA but that is what it reminded me of.

Well if you had someone paralyzed or killed in your family while playing football you'd see the severity......

See how easy of a cop out that is.

That logic can be applied to ANYTHING.

This faux outrage over someone being thrown into a tub is laughable at best, tiresome at worst. The always classic "he could have been killed" line is somewhere in between.

Everyone gets so caught up in what "could" happen rather than what did happen. Which was nothing. He "could" have been killed. He "could" have found a million dollars in there. He "could" have "could" have "could" have......

Then why is Coughlin ticked off?

Whether or not any member here was a person who was abused or hazed in their growing up years...or they were one of the people to dole out the abuse or hazing, lets please keep our emotions in check. This topic can raise serious emotions for some, especially those who have faced bullying in their life.

As one poster pointed out the definition of hazing, that question has been answered. What the thread is moving to is a discussion about whether bullying or "toughening up" is good or bad. That would require it to be moved to Misc. Discussions.

Then why is Coughlin ticked off?

Could be a number of reasons.

He's a no nonsense guy...his team is in the media.....he could be mad that his player leaked a video etc.....But my thought would be he's acting upset because he's supposed to act upset. Had he really cared, I'd like to think he'd have stopped it after the 3, 4, 5, 6 times allegedly.....Similar to the way Goddell has to say "The replacement refs are fine". It's not that he actually believes it, it's that he has to say that.

Could be a number of reasons.

He's a no nonsense guy...his team is in the media.....he could be mad that his player leaked a video etc.....But my thought would be he's acting upset because he's supposed to act upset. Had he really cared, I'd like to think he'd have stopped it after the 3, 4, 5, 6 times allegedly.....Similar to the way Goddell has to say "The replacement refs are fine". It's not that he actually believes it, it's that he has to say that.

Sure.....probably some of those reasons factor in too, but I gotta believe the possibility of an injury resulting in missed practice or game time is shoehorned somewhere into Coughlin's disgust.