Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Colt

Your Second Favorite Pro Football Team & College Team

My second pro team is the Bears and college team is Alabama. My greatest sports day was the Bears-Colts Super Bowl- pure heaven.

My second pro team is the Bears and college team is Alabama. My greatest sports day was the Bears-Colts Super Bowl- pure heaven.

easy one now..Its Denver

..but I agree.....my best time as a fan was the two weeks before the Bears-Colts Super Bowl.

the whole top of the state was into it..

Well it's always been the Broncos. I'm from Denver, so... Are we supposed to tell our favorite or second favorite college team? I guess I'll say both. Favorite- Michigan. 2nd- Nebraska (Father's alma mater)

It was the Bears....now the Broncos.....Loved Walter Payton.....Mike Ditka.....loved Gale Sayers....the Halas family...Butkus!!!

I love Big 10 football Saturdays, but have been following the Fighting Irish since I was in diapers....Notre Dame/and I went to Indiana University (I still root for the terrible Hoosiers :))

Mine is easy the Chiefs and fav college team BC Eagles grr if only Coughlin had stayed for 2 more years they been national champs lol

Don't really have a second favorite NFL team. Favorite college team is Kentucky. Absolutely awful in football, but I was raised as a kentucky fan.

Alabama represents the SEC well, I love watching them kick tail.

Alabama represents the SEC well, I love watching them kick tail.

Saban such a great college coach, but so bad in the NFL.. wonder why??

It happens. Several coaches in college bball tried out the nba and failed pretty bad. Its just a totally different league.

I've always been partial to the Bengals. It's always an entertaining team to watch and the fan base is crazy lol. College team has been and always will be the Purdue Boilermakers. BTFU.

3 basketball coaches come to mind...Coach Cal with the Nets, PJ Carlesimo post Blazers, and to an extent Rick Pittino with the Celtics.104-126 record.

In football Saban and Pete Carroll struggle/ed....any others off the top of your heads?

I don't have a second favorite nfl team. College i tend to follow players and how they do in regards to draft prospectives. i read a lot into recruiting and tend to keep an eye on prospects.

When I was a kid I liked the 49ers. Now I have a lot of respect for the Packers. Some of my family are Packer fans. College, Texas and Purdue.

College: Well, that should be pretty well known by now.... STANFORD (More than 40 years) :thmup:

Pro's: I like well run organizations: 49ers, Packers, Ravens, Steelers. But I follow them, I don't live and die with them. If they're doing well -- great. If they're having an off-season, I try to find out why and watch how they fix it.

There is no second favorite team for me in football... Although growing up I was a big fan of Joe Montana, and always liked to see him win whether he was with the 49ers or the Chiefs. As far as college goes I like IU... buuuut the football team sucks so I watch Notre Dame for that.

College: no one. I dislike everyone but Stanford.

Pro: Colts now my second favorite but I usually root for Green Bay and any team playing against Raiders.

NFL : None

College: Air Force and Navy

Interesting!! I always love to watch our military academies play....I am glad you don't have another favorite pro team. Before we had the Colts....all we watched were the Bengals and Bears...they both were 3 hours (CHI) or 1:50 hrs away.....unless of course you liked the the Jim Hart lead Saint Louis Cardinals (3 hours) :)

Interesting!! I always love to watch our military academies play....I am glad you don't have another favorite pro team. Before we had the Colts....all we watched were the Bengals and Bears...they both were 3 hours (CHI) or 1:50 hrs away.....unless of course you liked the the Jim Hart lead Saint Louis Cardinals (3 hours) :)

Yeah...my wife's side of the family are from Southern Ohio so they're mostly Bengals fans, although she is a Steelers fan...which makes for some lively holiday gatherings!

But we have a heavy Air Force and Navy background in the family so I've rooted for their football programs, as well as Army's over the years. Knowing that for 99% of those guys...it's their last big football experience before serving, its fun and exciting to support them.

Living in SoCal for 30+ years I actually used to be a pretty big USC fan....and not meaning to cast a negative light on all aspects of college football....but the whole Reggie Bush/Pete Carroll/Mike Garrett episode and other unfortunate goings-on at USC over the years have kinda taken their toll.

I really don't have a second favorite team in NCAAFB, IU is my favorite, then normally either OSU because of friends who like them, or LSU/Bama cuz they are crazy talented.

NFL: NY Giants or GB Packers

Second Favorite Pro: Titans (or maybe Broncos, now that they have Peyton).

Second Favorite College: Who ever is playing against the University of Texas on any given weekend.

I usually adopt a team every year. This year it's the Redskins.

And I live in Boise so I'm surrounded by BSU propaganda, I'm also going to my first BSU game soon courtesy of a friend...so I guess I'm sort of a fan.

i'm too much of a homer to have a second nfl team. i wish peyton manning success. but he's not a colt so he's the enemy. it is an emotional paradox haha

Who ever is playing against the University of Texas on any given weekend.

Well then....

Second team was the Saints, but I dropped them for the Falcons a few years ago. Next thing I know they come back and beat us in the super bowl. It was like getting in a fight with your past.

College team is USC, since im from SoCal. Then Stanford, of course from Luck. Nice uni's too.

NFL would be too close to call between the Cardinals and the Packers.

College is Notre Dame (I know, shoot me....right). I am a Boiler, but have been a lifelong Irish fan. My favorite Uncle is a huge Irish fan and started taking me to games when I was young.

I follow the Rams since we traded Faulk there.

When it comes to college football I root for Notre Dame. I like my football program to still take academics seriously unlike the teams in the SEC.

I'm a lifelong Niner fan so my 2nd favorite NFL team: The Colts. This is my very first adoption, but so far so good. Being an AFC team that I already had an affinity towards helps a ton. I used to lurk this board pretty frequently back in day when it had that credit union logo in the header, then like crazy when it started looking like the impossible was going to happen midway through last season. Heh.

No second favorite college football team.

I only like the Colts and Purdue. Thats who I grew up watching and going to their games never paid much attention to other teams. Just went to a Purdue meet the team event on Sat. Boiler Up!

NFL: 1st - Colts, 2nd - Giants

College: 1st - Indiana, 2nd - Louisville

I guess if you had to make me choose an NFL team, I would probably go with the 9ers because of Harbaugh.

I like alot of college teams tho. USC,Stanford (due to living in SoCal) Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles. I hate the Gators!!!!!!!! and of course I will always have a soft spot for IU and Purdue and Ball State to a lesser extent.