Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tonights eagles v Pats thoughts...

JimJaime

Cowboys seem kinda due don't they? I could be wrong but they did lose a lot of close games last year. IF they can get the breaks to go their way and close games they could win the East.

Could be Cowboys vs. Giants again but since there are usually several new divison winners every season I might lean from the Giants just to have a new division winner in the Boys.

The first person I thought of was you, Jules, and our pattern discussion. Well, for those who dont know the pattern, here it is:

Since 2006, every SB winner has played the NFC East or been from the NFC East (Colts, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants in order). Plus, since 2002 when the Raiders lost to the Bucs, no AFC West team or a team that has played the AFC West division has won the SB. Last year, Pats played the NFC East and AFC West but the longer reigning AFC West jinx prevailed. This year, the AFC North (Steelers, Ravens) and NFC South (Falcons, Saints) play the NFC East and AFC West. So, the double whammy prevents a team from those divisions winning it all thus leaving the winner to be from the NFC East.

Yeah, Romo had never been shabby before, it was his team that could not hold up defensively last year in the secondary, and now they have the man corners they want. We will find out how the Cowboys play the Saints, that will tell us how far their secondary has come. If they beat Brees, even if it is at home, watch out for the Cowboys defensively. But till then, I will hold my anointment.

So, Cowboys, the NFC East team vs AFC North team with Cowboys winning??? That will let the pattern continue eternally. :)

Are you seriously considering jumping on the cowboys bandwagon after one game?

What, bandwagon?

x209p0.jpg

Seriously though, I picked them to win waaaaay too many games last year and they blew too many games. If they stop blowing it they will IMO probably win a very overrated NFC East.

The first person I thought of was you, Jules, and our pattern discussion. Well, for those who dont know the pattern, here it is:

Since 2006, every SB winner has played the NFC East or been from the NFC East (Colts, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants in order). Plus, since 2002 when the Raiders lost to the Bucs, no AFC West team or a team that has played the AFC West division has won the SB. Last year, Pats played the NFC East and AFC West but the longer reigning AFC West jinx prevailed. This year, the AFC North (Steelers, Ravens) and NFC South (Falcons, Saints) play the NFC East and AFC West. So, the double whammy prevents a team from those divisions winning it all thus leaving the winner to be from the NFC East.

Yeah, Romo had never been shabby before, it was his team that could not hold up defensively last year in the secondary, and now they have the man corners they want. We will find out how the Cowboys play the Saints, that will tell us how far their secondary has come. If they beat Brees, even if it is at home, watch out for the Cowboys defensively. But till then, I will hold my anointment.

So, Cowboys, the NFC East team vs AFC North team with Cowboys winning??? That will let the pattern continue eternally. :)

I never thought this day would come.

I would rather see the Eagles win the SB.

I feel dirty just typing that

I never thought this day would come.

I would rather see the Eagles win the SB.

I feel dirty just typing that

That was my original pick - Eagles vs Steelers but then Jules and I went on to the discussion of which NFC East team is due this year and so on...she felt the Cowboys were due.

Story of redemption for 2 QBs: Vick vs Roethlisberger, can you imagine that for 2 weeks prior to the SB :(? I am sure they will come up with a story line for Romo too. Long season though, all it takes is for the Cowboys to have one of their man CBs banged up and their secondary is toast, IMO.

So, Cowboys, the NFC East team vs AFC North team with Cowboys winning??? That will let the pattern continue eternally.

All offseason Chad, I have been FEELING New Orleans.

Cowboys actually seem due to go on a run even if they make the playoffs IMO. The drought has been a long time here for that team.

As for the AFC North I do like Pittsburgh right now from that divison. And at the same time the Pats schedule is so EASY. Even one of their so called tough home games is Houston on it's THIRD road game in a row.

And here is a new pattern for ya. If so it favors the Niners and the plot thickens. Niners play the AFC East this year.

Beginning with the 2006 season through the 2011 season, the eventual NFC Super Bowl representative beat Buffalo in the regular season:

2006 — Loss @ Chicago, 40-7

2007 — Loss v. NY Giants, 38-21

2008 — Loss @ Arizona, 41-17

2009 — Loss v. New Orleans, 27-7

2010 — Loss @ Green Bay, 34-7

2011 — Loss @ NY Giants, 27-24

That was my original pick - Eagles vs Steelers but then Jules and I went on to the discussion of which NFC East team is due this year and so on...she felt the Cowboys were due.

Story of redemption for 2 QBs: Vick vs Roethlisberger, can you imagine that for 2 weeks prior to the SB :(? I am sure they will come up with a story line for Romo too.

Well to be fair it is only week 1 and a lot can change. But, tonight the Cowboys did show me SOMETHING. I feel like last years Boys blow this game.

Interesting one. But it does not predict any winners though. :)

No it is kind of a lackluster pattern, sadly. Makes you wonder though if every division is alive in the NFC this year for the SB outside of the AFC North. Nothing seems to go the way of the North.

Besides, something has to give with all these darn patterns. Maybe someone breaks it this year somehow or a few cancel each other out.

• 2 weeks later...

Story of redemption for 2 QBs: Vick vs Roethlisberger, can you imagine that for 2 weeks prior to the SB :(? I am sure they will come up with a story line for Romo too. Long season though, all it takes is for the Cowboys to have one of their man CBs banged up and their secondary is toast, IMO.

Quoting myself. Gotta keep the pattern thread alive. :)

Long season. Eagles vs Steelers/Ravens????

they were missing that SOMETHING this week

xlarge.jpg

I'll tell you what. With the way the refs are this season the league almost deserves a Cowboys Super Bowl win. :headspin:

Besides, they fit the pattern. Unless they are eliminated from playoff contention they fit the pattern. :banana:

Any chance you can start dreaming the colts will lose out then :)

I had a dream last night the Patriots LOST the Super Bowl again and in my dream I was telling someone Brady was now 3-3 in Super Bowls. I don't know who the lost to.

Now this either means the Pats could be doomed? Or they now WIN the Super Bowl?

I don't really know. Could be meaningless like many dreams people have, but with some of my dreams being opposites who knows.

Just felt like sharing. :)

The pattern had to come to an end eventually. Might as well be this year.

Flacco vs Ryan: The battle of the Philadelphia natives(and 2008 first round picks)

Lets hope so. I am sick of being paranoid over schedules determining the SB winner now. lmao

Falcons certainly look to have something going this year so far.........