Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tonights eagles v Pats thoughts...

JimJaime

1. The Eagles are prepping like tonights is there game 3 preseason game (aNDY rEID ALREADY SAID HIS STARTERS PLAYING 3 QRTERS), while the Pats treating it like game 2 at best or a game 1 again as the play AGAIN on Friday and have joint practices with the Bucs wed and thursday. We may see the Pats starters for maybe a quarter it seems.

2. If the Eagles DONT blow the Pats out from say the 2nd quarter on are the eagles bad or the Pats backups that good?

3. How much can the Eagles learn about their team if they are going up against 2nd stringers and a lot of players to be released?

Overall I as a Pats fan fel this game be ugly after the 1st qrtr to watch... who wants watch 2nd stringers against 1st stringers... Although may make Mallett or Hoyer good trade bait lol..

It's still preseason. These games don't count, so I don't think either team is concerned about the record. They are more concerned with getting guys playing time and experience. For that reason, they might decide to now light up the scoreboard and instead focus on running more plays against another team in a game instead of more plays against their own team in a practice.

I just hope the Eagles do well....

Live in Philly and all the radio-heads are freaking out about last week's game......like cm'on it was week one preseason.

Personally I think both teams are real contenders.

Patriots could lose to Denver, Baltimore, or Pitt

Eagles could lose to Bears, Saints, Packers

Those are the only teams standing in the way of the SB for each of them imo.

Live in Philly and all the radio-heads are freaking out about last week's game......like cm'on it was week one preseason.

Philly fans like to complain so even if they win 31-10 they say "ya but they stunk against... insert name here lol "

No love for the Giants? Come on man!!

Cowboys and Giants. I like them to battle out all year again. I think. I would rather see the Cowboys do it so it is someone different again and Romo makes me laugh.

I just am not feeling the Eagles even though so many pick them to win so many games every preseason. Can Vick even make it through 3 games?

Report: Vick will not be returning, bruised ovaries.

I believe it.

It is getting ridiculous though. He leaves the first two preseason games with SOMETHING.

But, no worries. Eagles will clearly win 13 or 14 games and grab the first seed right everyone?

I believe it.

It is getting ridiculous though. He leaves the first two preseason games with SOMETHING.

But, no worries. Eagles will clearly win 13 or 14 games and grab the first seed right everyone?

Did you hear his pregame interview?..Dude is an egomaniac. I cant wait to listen to philly radio tomorrow..They just got scored on by Mallet.

Patriots could lose to Chiefs, Baltimore, or Pitt

Eagles could lose to Bears, 49ers, Packers

You misspelled chiefs and 49ers, but its cool. I fixed it for you

Actually even with a healthy Vick, there are more than 3 teams in the NFC standing between them and a SB appearance. Out of all the Philly teams this is the one least likely to win a championship within the next five years

PS My phone keeps trying to fix my spelling of "Vick" with "Vicki"

You misspelled chiefs and 49ers, but its cool. I fixed it for you

Actually even with a healthy Vick, there are more than 3 teams in the NFC standing between them and a SB appearance. Out of all the Philly teams this is the one least likely to win a championship within the next five years

PS My phone keeps trying to fix my spelling of "Vick" with "Vicki"

Chiefs are not anywhere close to being contenders. they may win games against inferior teams this year, but they won't do any damage against the good teams. What happened to to the chiefs in 2010 in the playoffs against the ravens would happen again if they somehow got in.

Eagles vs 49ers definitely favors the eagles. Eagles were blowing out the 49ers last year, till they had the 4th quarter collapsed. Eagles have gotten actual linebackers now and their d-line is the best in the league. Smitih wont have time to throw at all.

And out of all the philly teams this is the most likely one to win a SB. They are loaded and as long as they don't suffer major injuries will do well. Foles is actually making me think they'll win games even without Vick. I don't have them winning the SB, but they definitely can get there.

Well that was a boring game, I was impressed with the Pats 1st team D Only gave up 96 yards in the first half VERY impressive, Mallett actually looks like he might have some game as well lol... I didnt watch the second half because thats when all the Pats 2nd and 3rd teamers were do in so be unwatchable seeing philly beating their chests lol...

Well that was a boring game, I was impressed with the Pats 1st team D Only gave up 96 yards in the first half VERY impressive, Mallett actually looks like he might have some game as well lol... I didnt watch the second half because thats when all the Pats 2nd and 3rd teamers were do in so be unwatchable seeing philly beating their chests lol...

You dont like watching your on-the-bubble players? Funny. My team's preseason games are the only ones I make sure to watch in the second half.

You dont like watching your on-the-bubble players? Funny. My team's preseason games are the only ones I make sure to watch in the second half.

Only really 8 spots that players are fighting for, and a lot of them played in the first half (Stallworth,Branch,Cunnignham, Brace) The Pats did not play many starters last night lol

Cowboys and Giants. I like them to battle out all year again. I think. I would rather see the Cowboys do it so it is someone different again and Romo makes me laugh.

I just am not feeling the Eagles even though so many pick them to win so many games every preseason. Can Vick even make it through 3 games?

Jules - You and I had an NFC East team winning it all this year or will an NFC South or AFC North team break the jinx.

You know my AFC pick was the Steelers since they have been to every SB following a Brady appearance in the SB since Big Ben was drafted. My NFC pick was an NFC East team and I thought it could be the Eagles but now I am not so sure. Looking like another NFC East team is primed for it. Unless an NFC South team breaks the AFC West jinx and pattern (Falcons or Saints).

Steelers' D - I dont think they are as incapable as we think they are, IMO. Ravens - their secondary will suffer due to losing Pagano, IMO and because of that, they will lose more games and not be able to hold off the Steelers in the division.

Steelers' D - I dont think they are as incapable as we think they are, IMO. Ravens - their secondary will suffer due to losing Pagano, IMO and because of that, they will lose more games and not be able to hold off the Steelers in the division.

My Gutt says Cincy wins the division this year.... why? Pitts O line looks awful, Ravens D looks Old without Suggs... Its a prime spot for Cincy Young team to surprise and win the division.

As with most preseason games, there were some bright spots and some things that looked downright awful. I did watch the entire game, mostly to see how the defense was going to hold up against Philly's starters. They gave up two TDs on short fields (fumbled punt and a fumble/strip-sack on Hoyer, with both plays resulting in the Eagles getting the ball deep in NE territory).

I'm usually more of a cynic, but I think Belichick has finally gotten tired of seeing his defense get torched, and is going to fix it this year. I'm seeing them go from bottom five to middle-of-the-pack somewhere in terms of yardage allowed, and I like the more aggressive scheme they look to be putting in place. Could be a good rebound year for the Patriots' D.

I'm usually more of a cynic, but I think Belichick has finally gotten tired of seeing his defense get torched, and is going to fix it this year. I'm seeing them go from bottom five to middle-of-the-pack somewhere in terms of yardage allowed, and I like the more aggressive scheme they look to be putting in place. Could be a good rebound year for the Patriots' D.

I get giddy thinking Brady and the O with an average D... lol mind you now we need the O line not to let brady get killed back there lol

I get giddy thinking Brady and the O with an average D... lol mind you now we need the O line not to let brady get killed back there lol

I know, right? The line has been kind of scary. I admit I didn't think losing Matt Light would be an issue (based on precedent and not outright homerism), and was wrong. But I think that Mankins and (hopefully) Waters will bring some stability to the line and provide some veteran leadership. Gresh was talking about that on the pregame show on radio last night. Someone to just grab Solder and say, "Hey, step it up kid."

Far as the defense goes, I think they've fixed the safety position and have CBs who are good enough ASSUMING there is some kind of consistent pass rush. And the pass rush so far looks fantastic. It's preseason, I know, but good signs so far. If they have a serviceable defense they'll be in the thick of it.

Jules - You and I had an NFC East team winning it all this year or will an NFC South or AFC North team break the jinx.

You know my AFC pick was the Steelers since they have been to every SB following a Brady appearance in the SB since Big Ben was drafted. My NFC pick was an NFC East team and I thought it could be the Eagles but now I am not so sure. Looking like another NFC East team is primed for it. Unless an NFC South team breaks the AFC West jinx and pattern (Falcons or Saints).

Cowboys seem kinda due don't they? I could be wrong but they did lose a lot of close games last year. IF they can get the breaks to go their way and close games they could win the East.

Could be Cowboys vs. Giants again but since there are usually several new divison winners every season I might lean from the Giants just to have a new division winner in the Boys.

In the NFC South I can see two coming from there. I feel like even if the Saints do not win the division they can grab a WC. I know a Saints fan told me he felt like the Saints were not even putting in full effort vs. the Jags. I DO like the Saints though this season, they seem to thrive on emotion and regardless they should be tough to beat at home. Say they go 7-1 at home. Then win 4 or 5 on the road. Thats a playoff team then.

Carolina or Atlanta will fill in the other spot. I have always thought the Falcons were overrated but they often find themselves in the playoffs. Too soon for Carolina or are they the real deal?

NFC North is where I get sad. I want it to be the Pack but will the Lions or Bears sneak in and win the division? I won't be suprised. I am still not sold on the Packs defensive improvements and it will be tough for them to live up to last years passing game frenzy.

I don't think there is any real competiton for the Niners in the NFC West. I was hoping it might be Seattle but I am not sure now. Doesn't even look like Flynn is the guaranteed starter either.

I am also going with Pittsburgh to win the AFC North and won't even be stunned if they win the AFC. Wallace is coming back and James Harrison is now sounding like he feels he might even be able to play week 1. I still think they will be a top D and good enough on O.

My Gutt says Cincy wins the division this year.... why? Pitts O line looks awful, Ravens D looks Old without Suggs... Its a prime spot for Cincy Young team to surprise and win the division.

I do like Cincy too but at the same time the Steelers o line usually looks awful lol.

Besides, no shame in getting all you can handle from Indy. Colts are an underrated spunky team. ;)

I do like Cincy too but at the same time the Steelers o line usually looks awful lol.

Besides, no shame in getting all you can handle from Indy. Colts are an underrated spunky team. ;)

If Cutler is healthy for the entire season plus playoffs :) and Bears have the No.1 or No.2 seed this year, I think their D can cause issues for the Brees' and the Rodgers' kind, IMO.

How weird it would be to see Bears vs Broncos in the SB? Maybe it is an AFC West team that breaks the AFC West jinx. :)

If Cutler is healthy for the entire season plus playoffs :) and Bears have the No.1 or No.2 seed this year, I think their D can cause issues for the Brees' and the Rodgers' kind, IMO.

How weird it would be to see Bears vs Broncos in the SB? Maybe it is an AFC West team that breaks the AFC West jinx. :)

Lions or Bears......I am torn on each one. I kinda like the youth/spunk/talent of Detroit but not sure if they are ready. Tough to say. Even if GB lost the division they can still grab a WC which looking at 2010 might be better for them if their D is up to it. On the flip side there is 2009 when the D wasn't up to it when they went to Arizona. There are some issues with Green Bay at home in the playoffs. Yes, the Bears D often gives Rodgers issues.

I have always strongly disliked the Bears so that might be a reason why I can't get into them as a sexy pick lol.

I think if you are looking for a team out west who might challenge for the SB title it is Harbaugh's boys.

Two of 3 seasons under Tomlin the Steelers have won the AFC North they went to the Super Bowl.

• 3 weeks later...