Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Preseason Game Night Thread

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Autry is playing at much higher level than Sheard. Sheard was a better run stopper, but that's about it. Autry is at his best when he's playing DE, where he's had his most productive years. Moving him back outside (like 2018) was a good move. He was not near as productive last year when they had him playing DT.    While Autry is a tweener like DE/DT guy, he's closer to DE on the spectrum. Lewis is a tweener too, but he's on the other end of the spectrum (better rushing from DT) IMO. Lewis likely could not fill the role that Autry is playing this year. He was more productive rushing inside at OSU too.   Autry in his 3 years with Colts 2018 at DE (12 games/11 starts) -  9 sacks / 13 TFLs = 0.81 sacks/start & 1.21 TFL/start 2019 at DT (14 games/14 starts) - 3.5 sacks / 4 TFLs = 0.25 sacks/start & 0.29 TFL/start 2020 at DE (9 games / 8 starts) - 6 sacks / 7 TFLs = 0.75 sacks/start & 0.88 TFL/start   Meanwhile, Lewis has only registered sacks against two teams, with very bad OLs.   I'd add that Autry's production this year is even more impressive because we've now got Buckner eating too.   In short, letting him walk would be silly. He won't be expensive.
    • Yeah as I've posted in salary cap thread.     Darnold would only cost us $4.7m next season.   If Rivers decides to retire I would definitely be on boars to take a flyer on Darnold.   His 5th yr option for 2022 would be in the $25m range though.
    • If Lamar Jackson is activated, then I like Brown a lot. Just make sure Lamar is playing first! 
    • @Jared Cisneros @teganslaw   Marquise Hollywood Brown - opportunity plus opposition meet with the Cowboys. Both Mark Andrews and Willie Snead are likely out because of Covid protocols they won’t clear by Tuesday.   Other than running the ball, who’s Lamar going to throw to? I feel he’s going to carry the momentum from the Steelers game only because of the lack of options for Lamar in the passing game.   Thpughts??? Of course, if Mark Andrews were playing that I also have on my roster, I’d be playing him over Marquise Brown.
    • Wentz appears to be a mess right now.  And his contract just makes acquiring him almost prohibitive.  I think Darnold makes the most sense if we have to move on from Rivers.  He's talented, his contract is perfect and I think Frank and his staff could really up his game.  I think we are the perfect spot for him.  Ballard could use the cap savings to further solidify and strengthen the team.  
  • Members

• Boss7894

Boss7894 19

• aaron11

aaron11 2,820

• Lancer1

Lancer1 267

• legend300

legend300 120

• harrisoncolts88

harrisoncolts88 9

• CR91