Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt's Easy Schedule

Creekside

The Colts only play 5 teams in 2012 who had winning records in 2011. And 2 of those winning teams (Texans and Titans) were beaten by last year's Dan Orlovsky-led Colts, even though those two teams were fighting for play-off positions. That leaves the Packers (15-1), Patriots (13-3), and the Lions (10-6) as the only winning teams the Colts will face this year. The Lions have a great passing game , but are not a well rounded team. Their defense gave up 5.0 yds per carry on the ground last year. If the Colts can run the ball well against them, they have a chance to beat the Lions. Of course, the rest of the AFC South play the same teams as the Colts with two notable exceptions: While the Colts play the Chiefs (7-9) and the Browns (4-12), the Texans play the Broncos and the Ravens. The Jaguars play the Bengals and the Raiders, and the Titans play the Chargers and the Steelers. So, schedule-wise the Colts seem to have an advantage over their division rivals, especially the Texans. I'm not saying that the Colts will go 14-2, but I would say that the only games the Colts do not have a reasonable chance to win are the games against the Packers and Patriots.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chiefs will win the west im saying that right now

A whole lot of people agree with you 91. I will say even with the schedule the Broncos and number 18 pull it out. Drives like the one in Chicago will happen early and often. In Mile High, defenses will be gassed.....may be some surprisingly lopsided wins for PM and the boys.

Back to us we can go anywhere from 3-13 to 8-8 in my opinion,,,,all based on injuries and continuous improvement! Saw Gabbert actually throwing well for JAX.....did not like that :)

Edited by BrentMc11

Love your attitude 21st.....anytime this football team gets across the 50...we can score....even if Pat McAfee.....kicks one to end a half....the 59 yarder he 'just missed' yesterday :)

Yep. Any team can win on any Sunday and there is so much turnover each season, that the team's record from the previous season means little. This team, like any team in the NFL, has the ability to have a really good season. It's the preparation and work and a little bit of luck (or should I say Luck?) that sets teams apart.

If Peyton signed with the Chiefs i would be calling them SB champs right now

Ditto with the 49ers

Chiefs very well may win that division. They can score points, no doubt about that. But last year the Curtis Painter led Colts were up on them 24-7 just before the half and the Colts ended up losing 28-24. I think they have problems on defense.

Ditto with the 49ers

Probably not the 49ers. Harbaugh would have interfered with the offense but Romeo Crennel would have left the offense alone. Plus, the familiarity with AFC defenses factored in, the SB champ possibility increased with the Chiefs, IMO. But neither Romeo nor Scott Pioli would know much about winning with a veteran QB, John Elway and John Fox do, and that was the clincher for Peyton.

My point of this post is; the Colts play alot of teams that just weren't very good last year, or were very average. Because of that, along with the significant off-season improvements made, the Colts may win alot more games than one might assume from a team that went 2-14.

No, San Jose State, North Texas or Savannah State aren't on the schedule but easier is still easier.(on paper).

1 of the 2 easier games we "earned" because of our record is KC Chiefs, a team that fans/media have said could and probably should win their division. So on paper our schedule isn't as easy as one would think. I guess you can thank Cleveland (on paper) at least.

1 of the 2 easier games we "earned" because of our record is KC Chiefs, a team that fans/media have said could and probably should win their division. So on paper our schedule isn't as easy as one would think. I guess you can thank Cleveland (on paper) at least.

That is one of the reasons they play the games... I think the weakest two games will be Jacksonville, but you never know..

Since 1996 at least 5 teams who missed the playoffs the year before, make it. I think the colts have a real good chance to be one of those 5 teams if the pattern stands pat,and the schedule should help. Info: 1996 is when free agency and the salary cap went into effect.

Chiefs very well may win that division. They can score points, no doubt about that. But last year the Curtis Painter led Colts were up on them 24-7 just before the half and the Colts ended up losing 28-24. I think they have problems on defense.

They had a fairly suspect run defense, but had a like the 6-7th best pass defense and was 11th overall in yards allowed. They weren't too shabby, and I think they've only gotten better. I'm not saying I'm of the opinion they'll definitely take the division, but It's looking pretty good.

That is one of the reasons they play the games... I think the weakest two games will be Jacksonville, but you never know..

Your right FJC that is why they play the games.Ask me about week 5 and lol will tell you all if i think they have an easy schedule

The Colts only play 5 teams in 2012 who had winning records in 2011. And 2 of those winning teams (Texans and Titans) were beaten by last year's Dan Orlovsky-led Colts, even though those two teams were fighting for play-off positions. That leaves the Packers (15-1), Patriots (13-3), and the Lions (10-6) as the only winning teams the Colts will face this year. The Lions have a great passing game , but are not a well rounded team. Their defense gave up 5.0 yds per carry on the ground last year. If the Colts can run the ball well against them, they have a chance to beat the Lions. Of course, the rest of the AFC South play the same teams as the Colts with two notable exceptions: While the Colts play the Chiefs (7-9) and the Browns (4-12), the Texans play the Broncos and the Ravens. The Jaguars play the Bengals and the Raiders, and the Titans play the Chargers and the Steelers. So, schedule-wise the Colts seem to have an advantage over their division rivals, especially the Texans. I'm not saying that the Colts will go 14-2, but I would say that the only games the Colts do not have a reasonable chance to win are the games against the Packers and Patriots.

I'm someone who has been talking about our relatively easy schedule this year since I arrived in May....

But... I think it's a bit of an oversimplification to say we only have 5 teams with a winning record in 2011-- which of course is true. The reason I say that is Chicago finished 8-8, but they were 7-3 in their first 10 games when Cutler got hurt and they limped home. A fair amount of media are projecting the Bears to the post-season this year.

KC got whipped out by hey injuries yet finished 7-9 and again, they too are being projected as a team that can make the leap to the post-season this year.... plus, both of those games are on the road. KC is not only considered one of the tougher road games for any team, it's also in late December, meaning the whether will be brutal.

And, Buffalo is a team that's viewed as having a fantastic off-season. Several great signings in Free Agency as well as a very, very good draft. And they too were humming along until injuries caught up with them.

Finally.... the Jets could be very tough. They were 8-8 last year when they were screwed up. We get them early and on the road perhaps before they could get screwed up again this year. Not an easy game.

Suddenly, our easy schedule looks a bit more challenging.

The best part of our schedule is that most of the easy game are at home. We very well might win 6 or 7 of our 8 home games.

The road is going to be much tougher for us, much.

I still see 5-7 wins depending both on our opponents, and how we bad we get hit with injuries....

Either way, I also see us being very competitive in most every game.... and that will be a big step forward for us...

While that is true some of the teams we play are much improved this year. Chiefs should be one of them, Bears are dark horse Super Bowl contenders for many, Buffalo looks to be improved, Jets as well despite how sick we are of hearing about them, and I think Tennessee looks improved this year too. So while those teams didn't make the playoffs, they are certainly playoff worthy opponents. We can't just win games on paper. I'm sure we will upset a few teams and I'm sure we will lose a couple of those we expect to win. We always have issues with Jacksonville with their stingy defense and power running game, Tennessee always plays us close, and yes we always beat Houston but you have to admit there are more than 1 or 2 miraculous games in there. Nothing is given....I think vegas has the line right. 5 wins is our benchmark.

While that is true some of the teams we play are much improved this year. Chiefs should be one of them, Bears are dark horse Super Bowl contenders for many, Buffalo looks to be improved, Jets as well despite how sick we are of hearing about them, and I think Tennessee looks improved this year too. So while those teams didn't make the playoffs, they are certainly playoff worthy opponents. We can't just win games on paper. I'm sure we will upset a few teams and I'm sure we will lose a couple of those we expect to win. We always have issues with Jacksonville with their stingy defense and power running game, Tennessee always plays us close, and yes we always beat Houston but you have to admit there are more than 1 or 2 miraculous games in there. Nothing is given....I think vegas has the line right. 5 wins is our benchmark.

.......Of course games aren't won on paper. I've never made a prediction of what the Colt's record will be, or who they will beat. And sure, teams add players in the off season to try and improve, but isn't that all just on paper right now too?. .....And what about the teams who may be worse? The Texans lost some good players. I think that the Colts will be improved much more than any one they play.

I'm someone who has been talking about our relatively easy schedule this year since I arrived in May....

But... I think it's a bit of an oversimplification to say we only have 5 teams with a winning record in 2011-- which of course is true. The reason I say that is Chicago finished 8-8, but they were 7-3 in their first 10 games when Cutler got hurt and they limped home. A fair amount of media are projecting the Bears to the post-season this year.

KC got whipped out by hey injuries yet finished 7-9 and again, they too are being projected as a team that can make the leap to the post-season this year.... plus, both of those games are on the road. KC is not only considered one of the tougher road games for any team, it's also in late December, meaning the whether will be brutal.

And, Buffalo is a team that's viewed as having a fantastic off-season. Several great signings in Free Agency as well as a very, very good draft. And they too were humming along until injuries caught up with them.

Finally.... the Jets could be very tough. They were 8-8 last year when they were screwed up. We get them early and on the road perhaps before they could get screwed up again this year. Not an easy game.

Suddenly, our easy schedule looks a bit more challenging.

The best part of our schedule is that most of the easy game are at home. We very well might win 6 or 7 of our 8 home games.

The road is going to be much tougher for us, much.

I still see 5-7 wins depending both on our opponents, and how we bad we get hit with injuries....

Either way, I also see us being very competitive in most every game.... and that will be a big step forward for us...

..........Who suffered more injuries than the Colts? Think about all the starters the Colts entered the season with but lost to IR early on, like Brackett and Bullitt, and good players like Foster and Nevis.... and the ones who limped through the season, like Addai and Clark. The Colts are getting some good players back who were on IR last year. And they have replaced some injury prone players who could no longer make it through a season healthy. It works both ways doesn't it?

.........The Colts were competitive in the majority of games last year even will all their injuries, and having a three ring circus at the QB position. Will they go from being non-competitive to competitive? Or from competitive to winning? I believe the latter.

.........The Colts were competitive in the majority of games last year even will all their injuries, and having a three ring circus at the QB position. Will they go from being non-competitive to competitive? Or from competitive to winning? I believe the latter.

All I'm addressing is the Colts this year and our schedule this year.

Considering we're playing with what amounts to an $80 million dollar payroll out of a possible $120, I think being competitive week in and week out is a good thing...

And if we win 5-7 games this year compared to 2 last year, I think that's a good thing...

..........Who suffered more injuries than the Colts? Think about all the starters the Colts entered the season with but lost to IR early on, like Brackett and Bullitt, and good players like Foster and Nevis.... and the ones who limped through the season, like Addai and Clark. The Colts are getting some good players back who were on IR last year. And they have replaced some injury prone players who could no longer make it through a season healthy. It works both ways doesn't it?

I'm not comparing rosters and who lost more good players.... I don't see the relevance....

I'm trying to focus on the fact that despite having a very favorable schedule, it's not quite as favorable as one might think based simply on a first look.... because the 2nd look, which gets you thinking about Chicago and the NYJets, and KC and Buffalo makes you realize that our schedule is a little tougher than it initially looks.

I'm not comparing rosters and who lost more good players.... I don't see the relevance....

I'm trying to focus on the fact that despite having a very favorable schedule, it's not quite as favorable as one might think based simply on a first look.... because the 2nd look, which gets you thinking about Chicago and the NYJets, and KC and Buffalo makes you realize that our schedule is a little tougher than it initially looks.

I don't see how anyone could view those games as easy to start with. Each of those teams have quite a bit of talent...

I don't see how anyone could view those games as easy to start with. Each of those teams have quite a bit of talent...

....I'm not saying the games are easy. I don't see the Colts having any easy games next year. The schedule is easy only in a limited sense as I described at the top. Do you really think that I meant the Colts have alot easy games next year? ...The Colts also have quite a bit of talent and that gives them a reasonable chance to win. NOT EASY WINS, but a reasonable chance to win, as I originally stated.

....I'm not saying the games are easy. I don't see the Colts having any easy games next year. The schedule is easy only in a limited sense as I described at the top. Do you really think that I meant the Colts have alot easy games next year? ...The Colts also have quite a bit of talent and that gives them a reasonable chance to win. NOT EASY WINS, but a reasonable chance to win, as I originally stated.

I didn't read each post in the thread. I was simply responding to NCF's post. I took that as him thinking those 4 games were easy at first look.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Colts and Texans split their games, both end up at 9-7, and (one of the) tie breakers giving the Colts the AFC South championship is the Manning- led Broncos beating the Texans in week 3?

That would fit right along with the how badly Manning has owned the Houston Texans over his career. The entire city of Houston is scared :edit: of Peyton Manning.....it's really quite pathetic.

Edited by shecolt
masked profanity

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Colts and Texans split their games, both end up at 9-7, and (one of the) tie breakers giving the Colts the AFC South championship is the Manning- led Broncos beating the Texans in week 3?

While I firmly believe we can win 1 out of 2 against the Texans, I don't believe we will have a better record than them.

They are pretty loaded on offense at every position especially at wideout. I'm watching the game now.

The only reason they are not scoring much in this game is because they are playing the 49ers.

I still have no fear of Houstons defense though. We have a lot of talent to deal with their D.

I don't think we will win the Patriots and Packers games. We have a pretty decent chance at losing to the Lions and the Chiefs. I think we will lose at least one to the Texans.

We also have a pretty decent chance of losing to the Bears.

I think we may possibly lose at least one game that should have won.

That's how I see it. Overall I think we will go either 10-6 or 9-7