Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Appologies...

Indeee

as I meant no disrespect to my " Peyton Who? " post.. although some of you are way to personal on this stuff.. I love Peyton always will and will always be in debited to what he has done for our Colts. I posted that as a sarcastic look on how some Colts fans we're so worried and upset when Manning was released. It was my way of saying we're all good. Luck is the real deal and I know it for a fact only after 1 preseason game. I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win the Colts more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done.

I understand where youre coming from. But honestly I'm not gonna say luck is going to win us more superbowls but the whole team will. We have new coaches and a new gm who wants to pass first but be able to run the ball at will. We are changing our defense to a better one. This team is different than Peyton's was. So to say luck is going to win us more superbowls is crazy. Give Peyton this team and he most likely wins more than he did.

I understand where youre coming from. But honestly I'm not gonna say luck is going to win us more superbowls but the whole team will. We have new coaches and a new gm who wants to pass first but be able to run the ball at will. We are changing our defense to a better one. This team is different than Peyton's was. So to say luck is going to win us more superbowls is crazy. Give Peyton this team and he most likely wins more than he did.

Agreed, that always bothered me when Pats fans say Brady is better just based of the number of SB wins. That is definitely a TEAM accomplishment. A few changes in his statement and it sounds much better. "I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win the Colts more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done. " ought to be "I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done." The Colts will be doing more winning for Mr. Luck, IMO, than Luck will be winning for the Colts. Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano have all stressed the importance of being a well round, better balanced team. Those are what wins titles, heavily lop sided offensive teams make for some exciting games, but the teams that can put it all together take home the Lombardi.

as I meant no disrespect to my " Peyton Who? " post.. although some of you are way to personal on this stuff.. I love Peyton always will and will always be in debited to what he has done for our Colts. I posted that as a sarcastic look on how some Colts fans we're so worried and upset when Manning was released. It was my way of saying we're all good. Luck is the real deal and I know it for a fact only after 1 preseason game. I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win the Colts more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done.

No worries, i saw nothing wrong with your post.

The issue we have here is that we have passionate fans at both extremes on the Manning v Luck issue.

That's fine except they seem to hate each other.

What I don't understand is why people cannot just accept each other as fans.........being a fan is just that. Nobody's going to change anybody's opinion here.

Agreed, that always bothered me when Pats fans say Brady is better just based of the number of SB wins. That is definitely a TEAM accomplishment. A few changes in his statement and it sounds much better. "I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win the Colts more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done. " ought to be "I still stand by my prediction that Luck will win more Superbowls than Peyton did when all is said and done." The Colts will be doing more winning for Mr. Luck, IMO, than Luck will be winning for the Colts. Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano have all stressed the importance of being a well round, better balanced team. Those are what wins titles, heavily lop sided offensive teams make for some exciting games, but the teams that can put it all together take home the Lombardi.

I've said it before... it's easy to be a well balanced team when you have really good(potentially game-changing) players on reasonable (ie. rookie) contracts. If Luck excels as we hope he will, and gets his (hopefully very deserved) next contract, the team and FO will be right back into the challenge of deciding where they can afford to run with lesser or unproven talent.

We realistically only have a window of about 4 years to enjoy balance, then things will start to slide into lopsided again. If we do, I will embrace it and enjoy it, just like I did with Manning.

No worries, i saw nothing wrong with your post.

The issue we have here is that we have passionate fans at both extremes on the Manning v Luck issue.

That's fine except they seem to hate each other.

What I don't understand is why people cannot just accept each other as fans.........being a fan is just that. Nobody's going to change anybody's opinion here.

I have never had a problem with fans having their own opinion because that's what a forum board is for. The only problem I had with the whole thing was the title Peyton Who. I think it could have had a better title than Peyton Who in my opinion. I have always been a Colts Fan long before Peyton but I also respect Peyton for all the great seasons he led us to. I hope he has a great year. Now I have two teams to watch that I have an interest in this year. JMO of course.

I also wish Luck the best in is career because he is OUR QB.

I have never had a problem with fans having their own opinion because that's what a forum board is for. The only problem I had with the whole thing was the title Peyton Who. I think it could have had a better title than Peyton Who in my opinion. I have always been a Colts Fan long before Peyton but I also respect Peyton for all the great seasons he led us to. I hope he has a great year. Now I have two teams to watch that I have an interest in this year. JMO of course.

I don't see how anyone can't question that title.

That should go without saying. Oh well.

My props to you for the thread!!! I love Luck and the Colts but I love Peyton too. Right now, at least for a year, I will try my personal best not to drag Peyton who has done a lot for our franchise into conversations about Luck, it is not fair to either, IMO.

However hard we try, comparisons will wax and wane during the course of the season. But I think we fans can choose to rally behind Luck and just let him be Luck. :)

I've said it before... it's easy to be a well balanced team when you have really good(potentially game-changing) players on reasonable (ie. rookie) contracts. If Luck excels as we hope he will, and gets his (hopefully very deserved) next contract, the team and FO will be right back into the challenge of deciding where they can afford to run with lesser or unproven talent.

We realistically only have a window of about 4 years to enjoy balance, then things will start to slide into lopsided again. If we do, I will embrace it and enjoy it, just like I did with Manning.

That window could close quicker than that, and it's actually shorter than 4 years to start with. With the amount of dead money the cap is carrying this year it is hard to count this season as one where the team actually has that opportunity.

I believe a lot will depend on what happens with Cam Newton's contract. Due to the reports of his father soliciting various schools for his services, one could easily argue that the Newton advising team will seek an extension as soon as they can. Which could mean he's holding out after year 3. If he gets a new deal, then Luck's agent should proceed the same way if both QB's are producing enough to warrant an extension.

If Luck plays year 5 under the team's option then he will likely be paid in the 18 million range. If he's tagged following that year it's into the 20's.

I am hoping that Luck and the whole team will find success. It is exciting to see the Colts Org. as a whole starting to realize the QB is not the only spot that decides the outcome of a game and the entire monster needs to be working together...eyes, ears, tail wagging in unison. It was unfortunate that during the PM era that both sides of the ball were not set up or Colts would of drove many a team underground, it was however, exciting what PM did pull off during in tenure and I'm excited for him to do well with Denver. People are going to need to learn to laugh about it. PM could very well win another ring this year...wouldn't that be something?

...I'm not gonna say luck is going to win us more superbowls but the whole team will. We have new coaches and a new gm who wants to pass first but be able to run the ball at will. We are changing our defense to a better one. ..

Amen. They look like they're determined to build a more well rounded team that isn't dependent on one or two cogs.

I think the play I liked the most against the Rams was when it was 3rd and 1 and we could just punch it up the middle and get the first down. I don't know how many times I've seen that fail during the Peyton years. There were plenty of situations like that in the past where I would kneel in front of the tv, clasp my hands, and start praying "Please don't try to run the ball, please don't try to run the ball". The Rams game may be an indication that I won't have to do that anymore.

While who might get the money can and does change, the proper scouting, acquisition, and proper coaching of talent can help maintain a balance on a team. Just because player A who plays on the offensive side of the ball gets X amount of dollars that equals y% of the cap doesn't mean that the other guys can't do their part to make a difference. The previous regime IMO got lazy due to the excellence that is Manning and slacked on their jobs and the team went downhill fast because of it. I'm hoping the new regime doesn't do the same. While the last 10+ years were great for wins, with better scouting, coaching, and more accountability on the defensive side of the ball we could have and should have had more wins and more importantly more playoff and SB wins.

To make a "Peyton Who" post after two quarters of a preseason game against one of the worst teams in football shows me the thread's creator hasn't been following the NFL for long.

The last thing any new Luck/Colt fan should do, if that fan has any sense, is compare Luck to Manning or disparage Manning in any way. That is a losing battle, I assure you. Luck, himself, would call you dumb for doing it.

I hear you. Some fans find that inflammatory........others find other usernames/forum signatures inflammatory. Generally because of their own opinions.

It's difficult finding the line sometimes in terms of what should be allowed and what should not. We want fans to be able to express their thoughts and feelings.........but......... what is clear to some is not clear to others.

One things for sure..........somebody is always going to be unhappy, targeted, victimized, or unsupported. and/or unfairly censored

it's a whole big fun cycle..........NOT

One things for sure..........somebody is always going to be unhappy, targeted, victimized, or unsupported. and/or unfairly censored

was this meant as an insult to me? :)

i have a neighbor who thinks everything i do is somehow intended as an insult to him. he thinks he's a lot more important than he actually is

was this meant as an insult to me? :)

i have a neighbor who thinks everything i do is somehow intended as an insult to him. he thinks he's a lot more important than he actually is

:lol:

Whenever I give one of my daughters a compliment the other reacts...........for example "Oh, so your saying you don't like my hair?"

I don't react to the phrase "Peyton Who?".........some people here do.

For me it's either silly (I mean seriously, nobody is going to forget Manning) or an overstatement about how excited somebody is about Luck.

Either way it rolls off me with no emotional effect.

When Manning first left, we had an extensive discussion here about how to treat posts about him.........in the Colts section..........in the NFL section.

When emotion died down, people were fine with the NFL section and we fell back on our rules........Peyton is another NFL player.......

If you could say something about another NFL player....... or even a past Colt great.........can you also say it about Manning?

Moderators are talking about it........

To what extent should we be policing usernames, forum signatures, thread titles..........etc beyond what we already have in the rules/terms of use?

To make a "Peyton Who" post after two quarters of a preseason game against one of the worst teams in football shows me the thread's creator hasn't been following the NFL for long.

The last thing any new Luck/Colt fan should do, if that fan has any sense, is compare Luck to Manning or disparage Manning in any way. That is a losing battle, I assure you. Luck, himself, would call you dumb for doing it.

Which is why he made this thread to say sorry no need to beat up on him when he is saying sorry for doing it.

what would you think of an Indy-Denver playoff game this year.....

not as far-fetched as it seemed a week ago...is it?