Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

stop flipping out over every small aspect

WesurehavesomeLuck

everyone on here are starting to say how the o-line is bad, andrew luck is going to be amazing, we are going to be fine with freeman as a starter, antonio johnson will be a beast, etc. but we can't be making these comments after 1 preseason game. teams are running basic defenses and not showing anything they would bring in the regular season game. and it is just one game. you always see a player that could have one fantastic game.(such as david tyree) but be terrible in other games. do not make these comments until the bye week of the regular season. some may still happen such as andrew luck being amazing or the o-line being below average. but its hard to see freeman being a starter in this league. johnson might be a starter but i don't see him being amazing because of the the last few seasons.

A lot of excited football fans just delirious to put last season behind them. There is HOPE for the future. Some expect the future this year and others down the line...people just worked up to see football again. We played hard and we played well. Some people looked good and others need more work. Overall we can't get too carried away but we do have reason to be proud of that performance and feel like we might see that at least a few more times this year than last. We all know its the preseason and not much more than a glorified scrimmage but a lot of guys out there have put a lot of work in to get better and it shows and some have work yet to do. I just look for the team to build each and every week.

By the BYE week we will have a pretty good idea of the football team we have. We have a playoff caliber team in Chicago (could be pretty scary) and a couple of teams that we have realistic chance of being better than. We should have a pretty good idea where we stand by then.

It's all we have to go on so far. This is the NFL. Your performance is put under the microscope each week. I'm almost 100% sure the coaches are being far more critical than we are. They don't care that it's only one week of the preseason. I agree with you in that we shouldn't go crazy, but I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing your opinions of the team's performance.

It's all we have to go on so far. This is the NFL. Your performance is put under the microscope each week. I'm almost 100% sure the coaches are being far more critical than we are. They don't care that it's only one week of the preseason. I agree with you in that we shouldn't go crazy, but I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing your opinions of the team's performance.

I agree. 'Every small aspect' is exactly what the coaches are working on...

You just take small steps and we took a step forward at many positions last week..

....Lets play a road game.....Let's let somebody be 'amazing' this week at Pittsburgh

All I have to say is I enjoyed every player on the Colts roster giving 100%. Whether they missed a block or 10 (like McGlynn :) this young football team played hard. Fans have the right to be excited. This team laid some pads on the Rams....scored 38 points, and was the absolute shock of the NFL for one week.

Let me just say that watching this Colts preseason game was better than any I have seen....the 6-3 games...last night's 3-0 thriller between the Cowboys and Raiders? Sanchez and Tebow's debacle? Let the fans enjoy a Sunday....WE KNOW it is one game and preseason. How happy would we be if the Rams had 'smacked us down' 38-3.....we would have been sick and calling for Grigson and Pagano to go...Irsay...Yadda yadda....For 1 week we enjoyed a young team playing EXTREMELY hard with great spirit....TEAM is what it is all about...building the Monster. GO COLTS!

Edited by BrentMc11

everyone on here are starting to say how the o-line is bad, andrew luck is going to be amazing, we are going to be fine with freeman as a starter, antonio johnson will be a beast, etc. but we can't be making these comments after 1 preseason game. teams are running basic defenses and not showing anything they would bring in the regular season game. and it is just one game. you always see a player that could have one fantastic game.(such as david tyree) but be terrible in other games. do not make these comments until the bye week of the regular season. some may still happen such as andrew luck being amazing or the o-line being below average. but its hard to see freeman being a starter in this league. johnson might be a starter but i don't see him being amazing because of the the last few seasons.

Gotcha...so no posting opinions or, really anything until the bye week of regular season. We shall obey thee our apparent newly appointed dictator. :thmup:

ps. I'm pretty sure about 99% of the posts here have either began with, or ended with something along the lines of "Ï know this is just one preseason game, but..."

Let me propose a possible new thread title, Stop flipping out over other people's posts....just a thought. ;)

but we can't be making these comments after 1 preseason game. teams are running basic defenses and not showing anything they would bring in the regular season game. and it is just one game. you always see a player that could have one fantastic game.(such as david tyree) but be terrible in other games. do not make these comments until the bye week of the regular season.

1) Huh, you're saying we can't be making these comments after 1 preseason game??

2) What exactly does David Tyree have to do with people wanting to be happy with what they saw, one game or not?

3) I'll make any comments I want as often as I want, before or after the bye week.

Just a heads up, don't read my posts as few as they may be, 'cuz I know they won't meet your criteria of Colts fan comments. Just sayin'......

A lot of excited football fans just delirious to put last season behind them. There is HOPE for the future. Some expect the future this year and others down the line...people just worked up to see football again. We played hard and we played well. Some people looked good and others need more work. Overall we can't get too carried away but we do have reason to be proud of that performance and feel like we might see that at least a few more times this year than last. We all know its the preseason and not much more than a glorified scrimmage but a lot of guys out there have put a lot of work in to get better and it shows and some have work yet to do. I just look for the team to build each and every week.

By the BYE week we will have a pretty good idea of the football team we have. We have a playoff caliber team in Chicago (could be pretty scary) and a couple of teams that we have realistic chance of being better than. We should have a pretty good idea where we stand by then.

Using your logic, it means that you should not be making any forum posts about anyones' play until the bye week but somehow you are posting before the bye week has come it seems

I agree. 'Every small aspect' is exactly what the coaches are working on...

You just take small steps and we took a step forward at many positions last week..

....Lets play a road game.....Let's let somebody be 'amazing' this week at Pittsburgh

Exactly. You always want to put your best effort out there every time you hit the field and you want to find things to improve upon each time.

OK, Gotcha....No more discussing the upside that we all see in our football team..No more posting in the forum about preseason games..oh wait...no more posting in the forum until after the bye...

So who wants to talk about the weather? We're getting a nice break here in central Indiana

Using your logic, it means that you should not be making any forum posts about anyones' play until the bye week but somehow you are posting before the bye week has come it seems

No. I'm sorry if my post came out wrong as I intended it to mean that while I agree its just week one of the preseason and no sense getting all upset or super thrilled over what we see I understand people are excited because its ACTUALLY FOOTBALL instead of practice or a long offseason of broken hearts. I do think we can't really start to get a good accessment of what we have going on with the team until the bye week but I don't believe I implied that no one should post ANYTHING until then. I'm all for sharing opinions just we should be a little cautious before condemning anyone/anything or proclaiming greatness either. Sorry if that is how it came out.

No. I'm sorry if my post came out wrong as I intended it to mean that while I agree its just week one of the preseason and no sense getting all upset or super thrilled over what we see I understand people are excited because its ACTUALLY FOOTBALL instead of practice or a long offseason of broken hearts. I do think we can't really start to get a good accessment of what we have going on with the team until the bye week but I don't believe I implied that no one should post ANYTHING until then. I'm all for sharing opinions just we should be a little cautious before condemning anyone/anything or proclaiming greatness either. Sorry if that is how it came out.

I quoted the wrong person Dgambill. I didn't mean to quote you! I meant to quote the person who made the original post. My bad!

I don't know about the rest of you but I have a hard time reading post that don't use caps in the right places and just seem to run on i usually give up trying to decipher what they are trying to say but that's just me im sure everyone else enjoys them so I will just say carry on. oh what was I supposed to stop flipping out over i forgot already.

Week 1: @ :bears:

Week 2: vs :vikings:

Week 3: vs :jags:

Yeah, I think we'll have a plenty good idea about our team by the Bye Week at Week 4. Going against 3 of the top RB's in the league. And each of those 3 teams have a good defense. Well, the vikings have a good D-Line, but the Jags & Bears have good defenses. So we'll definitely have somewhat of a clue by the bye week

Week 1: @ :bears:

Week 2: vs :vikings:

Week 3: vs :jags:

Yeah, I think we'll have a plenty good idea about our team by the Bye Week at Week 4. Going against 3 of the top RB's in the league. And each of those 3 teams have a good defense. Well, the vikings have a good D-Line, but the Jags & Bears have good defenses. So we'll definitely have somewhat of a clue by the bye week

we won't be able to take anything away from those games either, because the next 13 games could be entirely different [/sarcasm]

I don't think we'll know what kind of team we'll have by the bye week.

We'll have played 3 whole games. I had us at 2-1 BEFORE this past Sunday. 2-1 is the makings of a playoff team. But I don't think we make the playoffs.

The season is a marathon. We're playing with roughly an $80 Mill payroll instead of $120 mill. Our depth is pretty thin, perhaps tissue paper thin in some spots. Before a 17 week, 16 game schedule is over, there are going to be plenty of bodies on the sidelines. That's going to catch-up to us sooner or later.

But, oft time young players on teams get better over the course of a season. Whatever they are in week 4 is not necessarily what they'll be the rest of the way. So, our young kids will likely get better as the season goes on. But the game is brutal, the season is incredibly long -- the young kids will be shocked at how long it is, it's always that way -- and our lack of depth will eventually hurt us.

Patience. We've got the makings of a very good team. There will be much better days ahead. Just don't be too surprised when there are also some real clunkers ahead too...

Hey, stuff happens.... what can I tell yah...

Johnson could have gotten better from a year ago also chapman is nt of future Johnson is stop gap but to have speed for a nt

Think about this statement and go rewatch how our projected starting O linemen played against those teams that are running those defenses "teams are running basic defenses and not showing anything they would bring in the regular season game"

I don't know about the rest of you but I have a hard time reading post that don't use caps in the right places and just seem to run on i usually give up trying to decipher what they are trying to say but that's just me im sure everyone else enjoys them so I will just say carry on. oh what was I supposed to stop flipping out over i forgot already.

well you forgot to capitalize a few I's.

People are microanalysing every small aspect because that's all we have right now and the wait time until the next serving is forever.

Yeah so your point?

That Leaf was arrogant, lazy, entitled, out of shape, his teammates hated him, he didn't study film or bother with the playbook and that's just like Luck because... he's none of those things?

People are microanalysing every small aspect because that's all we have right now and the wait time until the next serving is forever.

That Leaf was arrogant, lazy, entitled, out of shape, his teammates hated him, he didn't study film or bother with the playbook and that's just like Luck because... he's none of those things?

Luck is the model qb I want

First of all, preseason is changing. Saying it means nothing is simply not accurate. Off season access to players has decreased significantly for teams so these preseason games are premium for not only talent evaluation, but for game management as well.

Many of the Colts fans on this board got their real first taste of adversity with our challenging season last year. They probably feel like they finally get to say something positive. Yes, I would agree that there is little middle ground for many. A player who disappoints is never described as such, he just simply sucks. Inversely, we can't just get a little better, we have to be predicted to go to the playoffs. I even saw a writer mention ALuck with HOF after his first preseason game.

But all in all, I feel that the excitement is needed, if nothing else but to heal. My guess is this first adversity that I mentioned, is going to toughen up many of the newly recruited and they will handle it a bit better next time. I didn't obtain my leathery hide for while.

I really don't care what ANYBODY says.......we haven't really played or won a good preseason game in years.....i think for the last four years we are 2 and 14....and quite frankly I was tired of seeing all the old colts putting up a half effort in preseason, "cause it doesn't really matter"

I am REALLY REALLY AMPED that all the new colts...and i mean everybody on the team....stood up and got counted...I don't care that it was Preseason.....there were a lot of general plays run and alot of the new colts took care of business and did VERY well.....so all the people who are saying dont get your hopes up and so on and so on......they can go take a hike......its EXCITING to see this new team play...preseason or not.....

I was following you up until you inserted a period. Very confusing.