Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ironically, It Took 12 Seconds.....

King Colt

Yesterday's first throw by number 12 took twelve seconds between the snap and the crossing of the goal line. This was mentioned on the NFL network yesterday. Anyone ever witness a crowd reaction to a touchdown in the first game of preseason like we saw yesterday?! After last years season of humiation and dispair #12 is one heck of a long cool drink of sweet water. A great moral booster and this lifts all expectations amongst our very young players. I thought of Manning and Jeff Saturday and other former Colts as I watched this great game and I know they were cheering but also they had other emotions. Anyway, the past is the past and the future looks brighter today than it did before the game. It is going to be a good season for what appears to be a young club with now many reasons to work for the gold.

Yesterday's first throw by number 12 took twelve seconds between the snap and the crossing of the goal line. This was mentioned on the NFL network yesterday. Anyone ever witness a crowd reaction to a touchdown in the first game of preseason like we saw yesterday?! After last years season of humiation and dispair #12 is one heck of a long cool drink of sweet water. A great moral booster and this lifts all expectations amongst our very young players. I thought of Manning and Jeff Saturday and other former Colts as I watched this great game and I know they were cheering but also they had other emotions. Anyway, the past is the past and the future looks brighter today than it did before the game. It is going to be a good season for what appears to be a young club with now many reasons to work for the gold.

And it was 12nd...

Phenomenal post. I still feel like I was dreamin'. I thought sitting in my seat at half-time how razor-thin close we were to winning that @ Jax game in January and losing out on Luck. How blessed.

And if you change 12 around you get 21...which is Bob Sanders old number...and he was probably watching the game and willing the Colts to win with his awesomeness.

Winner!!!

Peyton's first TD pass was a 48 (I think) yard slant in 1998 from #18 to #88. There are a few more 8s in there I think, like the time or the date or something.

Forget Lucas Oil's reaction, how about the reaction in a Virginia living room where three Colts fans were leaping up and down frantically. As Donald Brown broke into the clear, I was exclaiming..."Oh my God...just like Peyton! Just like Peyton! Just like Peyton did with Marvin Harrison! I am sure they heard us in Lucas Oil. We were slapping high fives and fist pumping all over the place. In my frenzy I knocked over my glass and spilled soda all over my buddy's coffee table. Good times. :D

Seriously, it was awesome and exactly what this fan base needed after all that we've been through this off season. :blueshoe:

And if Luck gets sacked 12 times by the Texans we'll all know it's just part of the plan.

However, they probably will go 3-13 (because that was just like Peyton!)

Now, I live in Houston and you will recall the Texans beat the Colts with Manning. So while I pull for the Texans because this town has the worst team in the history of baseball going back to the Egyptians don't cry if there is an upset in week 14 or 16. "On any given day"

:hide:

It's all a conspiracy. The Mayans were right.

Oh my... 21st December 2012, right? December is the 12th month of 2012 and if you swap the numbers of the 21st you get 12. Plus either your IQ needs to be 12 or your age needs to be lower than 12 to believe the world is ending... I think we can say beyond doubt that Andrew Luck is the bringer of the apocalypse.

Oh my... 21st December 2012, right? December is the 12th month of 2012 and if you swap the numbers of the 21st you get 12. Plus either your IQ needs to be 12 or your age needs to be lower than 12 to believe the world is ending... I think we can say beyond doubt that Andrew Luck is the bringer of the apocalypse.

No snooki's baby being due december 21st is the bringer of the apocalypse. The luck thing is just cool :)

I summed it up and added a couple.

Here is a little number play for all you Colts fans.

Andrew Luck, number 12, threw his first pass on August 12, 2012. The play lasted 12 seconds total. He threw the ball to number 31. 12 + 31 = 43. 4 X 3 = 12.

Jim Sorgi, formerly #12 on the Colts, was calling the game.

Luck's two touchdown passes made him personally responsible for 12 points.

Luck took 24 snaps in two quarters...24 / 2 = 12

Luck's first pass to rookie T.Y. Hilton (Luck's Harrison?) was for 12 yards.

As an added bonus: Luck threw for 188 yards. If read as 188 or 188 is could be argued as a tribute to Manning/Harrison.