Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I do not see this topic: Here goes.......Depth Chart via Colts.com!

BrentMc11

I hope they do. Our KR & PR have been bad for years.It would be nice to start drives form 30-40 yrd line vs 10-20 yrd line

Yeah it would. Cause even if we don't score, we could still flip the field when we punt having our opponent pinned Deep. Advantage for our Defense IMO

H-back is a essentially a cross between TE and FB so it could be F for FB? We know from camp that Allen has played a number of roles including H-back, so it could be that F is FB.

Though it could also be F for flanker which wouldn't make much sense.

Thanks for the reply... Flanker sounds better than what I was thinking: Floater. :D Don't think it would be FB as I believe they would state that.

interesting. was just watching hardknocks. and coach philbin said these depth charts are some kind of rule cause of the preseason games and whatnot. but they really have no meaning at all as to if its even close. coud be same for our team as well. well, lets hope so at least :)

interesting. was just watching hardknocks. and coach philbin said these depth charts are some kind of rule cause of the preseason games and whatnot. but they really have no meaning at all as to if its even close. coud be same for our team as well. well, lets hope so at least :)

They have to release a depth chart before the first preseason game, and it's not necessarily indicative of what they think about their roster. But that doesn't mean that they don't put any thought into it. They certainly do. They just don't lose sleep over who the #4 receiver is, or who they list as a starter at a position where there's a tense competition, etc. So when Linkenbach is listed as the starter at guard, that doesn't mean he's going to be the starting guard, nor does it necessarily mean that he has the inside track to win the job.

Looking forward to the next depth chart....and the next. I agree the first one means little. However, we all want to see it. As stated B4 in the thread, Reitz has been running with the first unit lately. Let's see how Sunday goes, analyze....and we can make better assessments. Go get the Rams, Colts....one step at a time. :)

Also mentioned before many coaches put players first on the initial depth chart to make a statement to a player or players not meeting expectations. My guess is the feisty Pagano....may indeed be doing this.

Edited by BrentMc11

Ok, I don't really UNDERSTAND how Arians' Runs his Offense. So if ANY of you know, could you Explain... How is there a WR, WR1, & WR2 Row?? Like what exactly does that mean? Cause Allen is in that WR Row, instead of TE...... I'm Lost :scratch: :???:

Glad I'm not the only one. :)

every year at this time the depth chart is all wrong and there is a thread just like this one

I seem to recall in the Polian years ZERO depth chart until the very last possible minute. Any actual depth chart was one that hadn't been updated since the season ended.

You guys still ignoring the fact that linken what's his face is PLAYING GUARD...........

See posts 12-19 on page 1; specifically ones by me, Superman and Gavin. I made points that Link is not a guard, and Sup and I noted Reitz has been running with the first team. Gavin gave his opinion on the guard position, and I made a point as well. Feel free to let me/us know what you think. Thanks for the comments.

I read the post I just don't know what the coach see in him I can now see luck get his butt creamed because guy can't play worth a crap and block as well and I won't be afaird to say it to his face

As you can tell by what I wrote I do not disagree....I feel he is a backup at tackle unless someone else can step up. He was called Link-on-his-back several times on bull rushes at right tackle.