Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I do not see this topic: Here goes.......Depth Chart via Colts.com!

BrentMc11

Look at some WR surprises.....Whalen's familiarity with number 12 may be huge....Look at OTHER...some have been highlights in camp notes. Enjoy guys and gals.

That technically places him at 5th or 6th on the depth chart. I'd assume 6th, since he hasn't practiced at camp until last night. He's behind Wayne, Collie, Avery, Hilton, and Brazill. I would say that, as of right now, Sambrano and Adams have a better chance of making the roster than Whalen does.

Interesting how they have Dwayne Allen listed as WR2 instead of TE even though reports are that he has been the more impressive TE in camp. And Vick Ballard is beating out Delone Carter?

On defense, I found it funny how they have Mathis listed as the Sam, but Freeney listed as just an OLB. And I didn't know Cassius Vaughn was the number 2 corner, I thought King was penciled in there.

Interesting how they have Dwayne Allen listed as WR2 instead of TE even though reports are that he has been the more impressive TE in camp.

I figure that's a misprint, seeing as Dominique Jones, behind Allen, is a TE, and there are already two WR groups, fronted by Wayne and Collie. Assume WR2 is TE2.

That technically places him at 5th or 6th on the depth chart. I'd assume 6th, since he hasn't practiced at camp until last night. He's behind Wayne, Collie, Avery, Hilton, and Brazill. I would say that, as of right now, Sambrano and Adams have a better chance of making the roster than Whalen does.

Kind of amazed Superman at the WR spot...I do not even wish to discuss Link over Reitz.....Link is a tackle...and a poor one...Reitz must need tha fire lit. I was under the impression he was running with the first team for 2 or 3...I guess this is called a challenge! :)

Kind of amazed Superman at the WR spot...I do not even wish to discuss Link over Reitz.....Link is a tackle...and a poor one...Reitz must need tha fire lit. I was under the impression he was running with the first team for 2 or 3...I guess this is called a challenge! :)

Camp notes from around the web seem to show Reitz as running with the first team here lately. Link got first team snaps last week. I don't think he's a good guard either, but I'll defer to the coaches until I see otherwise.

Defensively the depth chart for the first preseason game doesn't surprise me with the exception of Chism being so low, the defensive line doesnt shock me because Pagano himself thought Mookie could play Nose Tackle (I still dont think he can, he isnt the type of defensive tackle that will command alot of double teams, I wonder if coaches have questioned Mckinneys endurance in regards the ability to handle full games at his weight for a whole season, hes a big boy and we have seen that man with his shirt off its not pretty he is packin). Guys like Chapman and Justin Anderson are low because of injuries, Linkenbach has the size and strength to play Guard and with proper coaching and a solid work ethic I think he at the very least will be the best Stop Gap option with the chance to show that he can be relied on as for Reitz its clear to me he isn't a starting Guard. but like I said Pre Season week 1 so plenty of changes yet to come. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!?

Camp notes from around the web seem to show Reitz as running with the first team here lately. Link got first team snaps last week. I don't think he's a good guard either, but I'll defer to the coaches until I see otherwise.

Exactly...we shall see on Sunday...fun stuff.

Personally as far as face value is concerned who gets reps with first teams and who gets it with second teams doesnt mean alot in the preseason as far as an indication of who is doing the best or who is starting in my opinion,you want to give players reps with everyone mixing and matching (not alot but some) so that no matter who is thrown out there they at least have some chemistry with the guy next to him just my opinion of course, Also just my opinion of what Pagano might be doing

Defensively the depth chart for the first preseason game doesn't surprise me with the exception of Chism being so low, the defensive line doesnt shock me because Pagano himself thought Mookie could play Nose Tackle (I still dont think he can, he isnt the type of defensive tackle that will command alot of double teams, I wonder if coaches have questioned Mckinneys endurance in regards the ability to handle full games at his weight for a whole season, hes a big boy and we have seen that man with his shirt off its not pretty he is packin). Guys like Chapman and Justin Anderson are low because of injuries, Linkenbach has the size and strength to play Guard and with proper coaching and a solid work ethic I think he at the very least will be the best Stop Gap option with the chance to show that he can be relied on as for Reitz its clear to me he isn't a starting Guard. but like I said Pre Season week 1 so plenty of changes yet to come. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!?

Reitz needed the full camp, as did the entire offensive line. Reitz has so much more athletic ability than Link! As Superman said, all I have seen recently is Reitz running with the 1....as you astutely say, Link has value across the line as Charlie Johnson did. Some of us used to make fun of him...until he protected our valuable commodity....Mr. Manning. What's his first name again? :)

And the DYNAMIC DUO of Angerer & Connor. (Just realized that you had to click the Drop Down box to see the other Unit lol)

Not sure who Lindsey (CB) is. Was expecting Cam Chism to be up there. But it is only the 1st Game, hopefully he steps it up. Freeman will be running with the 2's so he must be Performing well in Camp.And Hughes is running with the 2's as well!!!

Overall, I'm Excited with this Depth Chart except with A. Johnson starting over McKinney & Chigbo. And Moala starting over Nevis. Hope that changes, and I'll be Fine :)

Why would you be surprised Chism was so low? I don't think i've ever so much as even seen his name mentioned when reading practice reports discussing cbs.

Agree on Mookie.....I don't think he will be able to effectively man that NT position.

Reitz needed the full camp, as did the entire offensive line. Reitz has so much more athletic ability than Link! As Superman said, all I have seen recently is Reitz running with the 1....as you astutely say, Link has value across the line as Charlie Johnson did. Some of us used to make fun of him...until he protected our valuable commodity....Mr. Manning. What's his first name again? :)

How many Guards in the league when they are talked about they are talked about for there athletic ability? You need that at Tackle, Reitz athletic ability didnt open up that many holes last year on the O Line but what it did do when pass protecting is help him out alot (he only gave up two sacks all year if I remember right), The best Guards in the league are not talked about for there athletic ability, can they get down field some to block if they have to? sure but I am not of the opinion to put a large defensive tackle on a Guard thats agile because that agility wont do them very good on a bull rush

Why would you be surprised Chism was so low? I don't think i've ever so much as even seen his name mentioned when reading practice reports discussing cbs.

Agree on Mookie.....I don't think he will be able to effectively man that NT position.

I have Chism ahead of Terrence Johnson and Brandon King, I dont have him starting of course but I thought about him as the Nickel Back

How many Guards in the league when they are talked about they are talked about for there athletic ability? You need that at Tackle, Reitz athletic ability didnt open up that many holes last year on the O Line but what it did do when pass protecting is help him out alot (he only gave up two sacks all year if I remember right), The best Guards in the league are not talked about for there athletic ability, can they get down field some to block if they have to? sure but I am not of the opinion to put a large defensive tackle on a Guard thats agile because that agility wont do them very good on a bull rush

I guess you have never heard...pulling guard? Link is slow....not arguing...fat non-athletic tackles that get 'leveled' by bull rushes due to poor footwork.....(insert Link) should not be at guard. If the Arian's offense does not require pulling maybe. Guards in a running offense need to pull....been there...done that.

I have Chism ahead of Terrence Johnson and Brandon King, I dont have him starting of course but I thought about him as the Nickel Back

I will leave it to Pagano, Gillhamer and Anderson...Anderson with Ed Reed....HMMMM! OOPS...and Manusky.....forgot Mr Conservative. :) Edited by BrentMc11

Personally I always though Lefeged would make a better FS than SS. With his speed and hands. Good center fielder. Too bad he's stuck behind Bethea. Won't see the field much in regular season.

Need back-ups buddy....one play...he could be right there with injury. He can give a lift on special teams until called upon...long season. He is playing well according to Pagano...we shall see.

Ok, I don't really UNDERSTAND how Arians' Runs his Offense. So if ANY of you know, could you Explain... How is there a WR, WR1, & WR2 Row?? Like what exactly does that mean? Cause Allen is in that WR Row, instead of TE...... I'm Lost :scratch: :???:

It's really obvious, WR2 is a mistake. Both members of WR2, Dwayne Allen and Dominique Jones, are tight ends. WR2 is obviously a mistake for TE2.

It's really obvious, WR2 is a mistake. Both members of WR2, Dwayne Allen and Dominique Jones, are tight ends. WR2 is obviously a mistake for TE2.

I had to sneak back on....maybe the WR2 means 2nd TE....slot? H-back....? I will monitor and see. It is a strange reference for sure buddy.

Personally I always though Lefeged would make a better FS than SS. With his speed and hands. Good center fielder. Too bad he's stuck behind Bethea. Won't see the field much in regular season.

Yep. When he actually made some plays in the preseason last year, he was mostly at free safety (if my memory serves correctly). He's kind of small for a strong safety, I think.

I don't think the semantics matter as far as SS vs FS, both are required to do basically the same thing. But I do think he's better than Zbikowski. As an Irish fan, I thought Zibby would be a baller in this league, but getting beat out by Bernard Pollard does not make me all that confident in his abilities.

Lefeged got a couple picks last year. Not bad for an undrafted free agent doing spot duty on a defense that gets run on.

Is it weird that I'd rather have Reitz at LG and Link at RG over McGlynn?

I've never payed any attention to the guy, but everything I've ever heard about him is negative. Hopefully he gets it together for the shoe, but I'm not holding my breath. At least guys like Reitz and Link have fought their way into this league as undrafted FAs.

And yes, I did say I'd rather have Link at RG than somebody else.....Antonio Garay agrees with me.

I figure that's a misprint, seeing as Dominique Jones, behind Allen, is a TE, and there are already two WR groups, fronted by Wayne and Collie. Assume WR2 is TE2.

In another forum post "First Depth Chart" (not sure how to link them), they showed pictures of an unoffical depth chart released that had Allen/Jones in the F position. I wonder whoever created the Depth Chart on the Colts site wasn't sure what the F stood for and believed it to be more WR than TE??

I know it is the TE that moves around more within the offense and most likely will be the H-back. Yet I am confused on what the letter stands for, does anyone know what the F is in Arian's offense? Thanks in advance!

In another forum post "First Depth Chart" (not sure how to link them), they showed pictures of an unoffical depth chart released that had Allen/Jones in the F position. I wonder whoever created the Depth Chart on the Colts site wasn't sure what the F stood for and believed it to be more WR than TE??

I know it is the TE that moves around more within the offense and most likely will be the H-back. Yet I am confused on what the letter stands for, does anyone know what the F is in Arian's offense? Thanks in advance!

H-back is a essentially a cross between TE and FB so it could be F for FB? We know from camp that Allen has played a number of roles including H-back, so it could be that F is FB.

Though it could also be F for flanker which wouldn't make much sense.

From what i've read, Johnson is much more likely to make the team than Chism.

I honestly haven't seen Chism's name mentioned a single time. Prior to camp starting, he was one of the UDFA's I thought had a shot to make the team. He still might.....i'm just saying i've seen no indication of it, as of yet.

From what i've read, Johnson is much more likely to make the team than Chism.

I honestly haven't seen Chism's name mentioned a single time. Prior to camp starting, he was one of the UDFA's I thought had a shot to make the team. He still might.....i'm just saying i've seen no indication of it, as of yet.

Y eah been thinking the same thing but I thought he would be good coming off in blitzes as a Nickel Back maybe not good enough

Y eah been thinking the same thing but I thought he would be good coming off in blitzes as a Nickel Back maybe not good enough

Seems like Chism has a better upside, as well.

He Might be worth keeping around to be the 5th cb and attemting to develop, rather than holding onto a guy in Johnson who will never amount to being anything more than slightly below mediocre.