Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjrulli

Phil Wilson Tweets

I highly recommending following him or just hopping on his twitter page if you aren't into twitter. He consistently has camp updated and always quotes from the players. Quite a few nice things from today's camp regarding Luck and the receivers.

https://twitter.com/pwilson24

I highly recommending following him or just hopping on his twitter page if you aren't into twitter. He consistently has camp updated and always quotes from the players. Quite a few nice things from today's camp regarding Luck and the receivers.

https://twitter.com/pwilson24

Good call. Thanks.

*Comes to after Fainting* Justin King is now #21. Someone tell 21isSuperan that, in case he doesn't see this Post lol

Luck went 19-23???????!!!!!!!!! *Faints*

His figures from other days are 19-24, 27-38, 28-37 and 27-32. About 78% overall. Obviously it's just camp so figures don't mean much but it shows he's not wasting any time in slotting right in and he's darn accurate.

*Comes to after Fainting* Justin King is now #21. Someone tell 21isSuperan that, in case he doesn't see this Post lol

This could work well. I think Justin King has a lot of potential.

His figures from other days are 19-24, 27-38, 28-37 and 27-32. About 78% overall. Obviously it's just camp so figures don't mean much but it shows he's not wasting any time in slotting right in and he's darn accurate.

That 2nd part is the reason for me fainting

Well, looks like your Username will live up to the #21 this year lol

haha I sure hope so

Seems like Pagano is really taking a liking to King though. I thought Rucker, Vaughn, & Chism were the Shoe-Ins for #2 & Slot. This King guy has definitely made some Noise in Camp

Seems like Pagano is really taking a liking to King though. I thought Rucker, Vaughn, & Chism were the Shoe-Ins for #2 & Slot. This King guy has definitely made some Noise in Camp

Good good. I thought Thomas would be #2 with Rucker as the nickel, but when they traded him away, I didn't know what to make of it. But King does seem to be impressing the coaches, which is good.

Since we're on the Topic of "Twitter".... #ColtsCamp is a Trending Topic right now!!! Boom!!! lol

I think Vaughn is a sleeper pick for #2 or Chism

I think Me & You are the only ones pulling for Chism lol

I think most people like Rucker in the slot/nickle because of his size. He is a bigger corner that should fair well in run support as well.

eh we will just see what happens, I think Vaughn has the edge over Chism

eh we will just see what happens, I think Vaughn has the edge over Chism

I think Vaughn should be Slot. He's Tall and Quick or let Chism play Slot. Either way, I want the lineup to be #1 Powers, #2 Vaughn/Chism, & #3 Chism/Vaughn

I think Vaughn should be Slot. He's Tall and Quick or let Chism play Slot. Either way, I want the lineup to be #1 Powers, #2 Vaughn/Chism, & #3 Chism/Vaughn

Heck I just want whoever its it at #2 to be able to be physical with wide receivers and not give them a free release every time and then also I want them to be able to get a good read on the Quarterbacks eyes to have a shot to jump a route for a pick

Heck I just want whoever its it at #2 to be able to be physical with wide receivers and not give them a free release every time and then also I want them to be able to get a good read on the Quarterbacks eyes to have a shot to jump a route for a pick

Agreed!!!

I for one, am glad we also won't be seeing any receivers be given a 7-10 yard cushion, That always drove me up a wall. How could anybody possibly think that is a good idea is beyond me.

We might still see 4-5 yard cushions based on the speed the WR brings to the table. It is not like our CBs, if beat with a double move, can recover fast. However, once the ball is snapped, there may be a few more risks taken and more tighter coverage with anticipation, especially if there is safety help for the CB.

We might still see 4-5 yard cushions based on the speed the WR brings to the table. It is not like our CBs, if beat with a double move, can recover fast. However, once the ball is snapped, there may be a few more risks taken and more tighter coverage with anticipation, especially if there is safety help for the CB.

4-5 will be alright. But I could have cringed every time we gave someone a 7-10 yard cushion. Especially if it was like a 3rd down and 3 or something ridiculous like that. I am willing to bet we gave up a lot of 3rd downs cause of dumb things like that.

No your not. FEAR THE TURTLE

4-5 will be alright. But I could have cringed every time we gave someone a 7-10 yard cushion. Especially if it was like a 3rd down and 3 or something ridiculous like that. I am willing to bet we gave up a lot of 3rd downs cause of dumb things like that.

What about the 12 yard cushion we saw last year?

I for one, am glad we also won't be seeing any receivers be given a 7-10 yard cushion, That always drove me up a wall. How could anybody possibly think that is a good idea is beyond me.

Wasn't so bad until we did it on 3rd down I think thats what baffled me after I went back and watched the games, I dont think our Corners either had faith in our Corners or were scared they would get beat deep, Powers has showed real good in Training Campf from our hold overs at Corner from last year but it dont mean a thing unless he can do it at full speed in a real game, I hope he does

King got the number 21 curse soon as he get number 21 hes out with hip injury, but he has speed which is half the battle think he runs a 4.3 sum thing I really like the kid

Wasn't so bad until we did it on 3rd down I think thats what baffled me after I went back and watched the games, I dont think our Corners either had faith in our Corners or were scared they would get beat deep, Powers has showed real good in Training Campf from our hold overs at Corner from last year but it dont mean a thing unless he can do it at full speed in a real game, I hope he does

The corners were probably taught to do that. It just makes no sense though at all. I don't even give someone a 10 yard cushion when I am playing football at a park lol. Doing it on 3rd down is a friggen joke. Especially when its like a 3rd and five. All the receiver has to do is run about 3 of 4 steps catch the ball, and thats a first down easily.

I'm not real familiar with the Rams. Is it possible that King got a bad rap because they had poor pass rushers? It can be tough to hold coverage for a long time....especially man to man.

I'm not real familiar with the Rams. Is it possible that King got a bad rap because they had poor pass rushers? It can be tough to hold coverage for a long time....especially man to man.

He was a 4th round pick and has decent size (very similar to Kevin Thomas' size). He ran a 4.31 at the Combine, 2nd to Chris Johnson. He seems like he could be a solid player with some coaching.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/justin-king?id=1726

Your still going to see it but with different philosophies behind it..every defense does it,it's part of coverage.just not as much as we did last year though