Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As Much As I Hate To Say This... The Patriots Will Be The Best Team In The Afc Next Year

Andy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be a nice guy, but you’re doing the same thing that every other Pats fan has ever done on a Colts board. You’re trying to justify a reason as to why you should even be here (On a Colts board). There is no justification for it. Just my opinion.

Like I said, I don’t make the rules. I just don’t respect Pats fans who build homes on Colts boards. It’s all trolling dude and you and I both know it. Just because you and a few of your buddies have figured out how not to get banned through using several different monikers over the years, doesn’t mean that you’re not trolling. Any Pats fan who goes to a Colts board and uses the word “we” to describe the Pats is trolling. Because “we” collectively are Colts fans as it says in the address bar above.

The bottom line is that you know and I know why you’re really here and it isn’t to make friends. Congrats on tricking some Colts fans into believing that you are actually here to be their friends and talk football with them. You’re here for one reason only and that is to talk about your team the Pats and how you think they are a better team than the Colts. That’s fine that you believe that, but talking about it on a Colts board is trolling no matter how nicely you try to say it.

I'm not sure how you could be any more wrong about virtually every point you've made. Honestly, not to pick on you or anything, but you're assuming the worst about individuals based on your opinion of a group of people. Which is akin to a lot of bad things that I'm sure aren't representative of who you are. (But I acknowledge, of course, that I don't know you!)

JJ, Yehoodi, myself, and others have been around for a long time. I don't stop in everyday, and I have accounts on boards for several rival teams (Jets, Steelers, etc).

Contrary to what you may believe, none of the "regulars" on this board are here to troll.

Contrary to what you may believe, some people are just friendly and amicable by nature, don't have ulterior motives, and don't have an "Internet personality" where they're a lot more aggressive/rude (I always ask myself if I would say what I'm posting in person if I was sitting face-to-face with someone... the keyboard is the weapon of the passive-aggressive, and I won't be that if I can avoid it).

Contrary to what you may believe, it's certainly possible to make new friends, even if they're fans of another team.

Contrary to what you may believe, none of us care if you "respect" us. Respect is, IMO, something that is earned, over time, and the people whose opinions do matter to me on this board all - to my knowledge - have a mutually respectful dialogue on a regular basis. Maybe someday you'll change your mind on that, or maybe we'll give you reasons to feel differently. Give us a chance either way!

On top of all of that... this is football, man. We're talking about a game. Sure we all root hard and take it somehwat seriously, but at the end of the day, we're all just people. Have a little faith! We aren't as bad as you think we are. lmao

I've been around since '04 or '05...and I can vouch for GoPats, Yehoodi, & JJ.

Not all Pats fans are here here to troll...and with the board switching so much lately, post counts aren't to be trusted, lol.

Hopefully this is the one that lasts long-term. It's a good set-up. As good as the original. Hopefully there won't be any changes for a long, long time.

Guest BlueShoe

I've been around since '04 or '05...and I can vouch for GoPats, Yehoodi, & JJ.

Not all Pats fans are here here to troll...and with the board switching so much lately, post counts aren't to be trusted, lol.

I have seen GoPats and JJ before. They were on the IndyStar. They seem tamer these days, but if I remember correct they had their moments as well. I think I remember GoPats sincerely telling me that he hopes someday the Colts would win a Super Bowl so I knew how it felt after years of frusteration. I am about 99% sure it was him.

I don’t know the Yehoodi person though.

The fans with Belichick holding rings up in the avatar. That’s trolling no matter how you slice it.

I have seen GoPats and JJ before. They were on the IndyStar. They seem tamer these days, but if I remember correct they had their moments as well. I think I remember GoPats sincerely telling me that he hopes someday the Colts would win a Super Bowl so I knew how it felt after years of frusteration. I am about 99% sure it was him.

The fans with Belichick holding rings up in the avatar. That’s trolling no matter how you slice it.

I wasn't on Indy Star. I been on this board only, abeit it's many changes, since 2003, just after it started up.

I never registered on Indy Star. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a "Go Pats" since that's a pretty generic name (that I've grown to dislike, actually, but now I've got to stick with it). But it wasn't me.

You were also wrong about JJ, apparently. I didn't know him until the old dot-com from around '05.

Personally I've experienced a variation of "Stockholm Syndrome" with the Colts. I've grown to respect your team a lot more, and I don't enjoy watching Indy lose if they aren't playing the Patriots. I even rooted for you against the Jets in the playoffs the last two seasons!

Plus I've got Manning on my FF team this year, and Dallas Clark. :td:

Pats are always in the mix, and will continue to be so long as Brady remains healthy. They have added some new pieces and their young defense has another year of experience. We have to see how it all comes together for them. But if history is any indication, it usually all melds together well under Belicheck's watch. The Pats will be a team to be reckoned with that is for sure. Wouldn't expect anything less. Now as to whether they are the best team in the AFC? The Colts, Ravens, Jets,and Steelers will have their say.

Guest BlueShoe

You were also wrong about JJ, apparently. I didn't know him until the old dot-com from around '05.

Well maybe I remember you both from here. WHO CARES?

He was simply correcting your error...which on message boards happens all the time. Remember yesterday how you went on a tirade about feeling the need to 'call people out' when you think they're wrong?

How come when someone else is wrong you feel the need to put them on blast...but when someone has the audacity to correct you, its all 'who cares?'

Its really not a big deal. Relax

Guest BlueShoe

He was simply correcting your error...which on message boards happens all the time. Remember yesterday how you went on a tirade about feeling the need to 'call people out' when you think they're wrong?

How come when someone else is wrong you feel the need to put them on blast...but when someone has the audacity to correct you, its all 'who cares?'

Its really not a big deal. Relax

I believe you are making stuff up again. Don't worry we are all used to it.

Because you were wrong about something that you stated as a fact. You know what happens when that takes place in, say, a court of law? The witness is dismissed.

I've tried to be civil with you... diplomatic, etc.

I'm not going to try anymore.

Guest BlueShoe

Because you were wrong about something that you stated as a fact. You know what happens when that takes place in, say, a court of law? The witness is dismissed.

I've tried to be civil with you... diplomatic, etc.

I'm not going to try anymore.

Are you serious? WHO CARES! lol

I don't care where I know you from and you said yourself that there was probably another guy on the IndyStar with the same name. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I guess I shouldn't have done that. You guys are all the same and you never change. lol]

And don’t act like you wasn’t there because we both know you would be lying then.

What name did you post with at the IndyStar?

Are you serious? WHO CARES! lol

I don't care where I know you from and you said yourself that there was probably another guy on the IndyStar with the same name. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I guess I shouldn't have done that. You guys are all the same and you never change. lol]

And don’t act like you wasn’t there because we both know you would be lying then.

What name did you post with at the IndyStar?

I was not on Indy Star at all. I never was. This has gone from merely annoying to truly bizarre. I really think you should just let it go at this point. I'll ignore you, you can ignore all of us, and we'll all go on our merry ways. Seriously.

I was not on Indy Star at all. I never was. This has gone from merely annoying to truly bizarre. I really think you should just let it go at this point. I'll ignore you, you can ignore all of us, and we'll all go on our merry ways. Seriously.

He's the Midgar of the Colts forum.

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

Okay so how would you know about what went on at the IndyStar if you weren't there? Something tells me you're seriously hiding something now. Maybe you were one of the trolls there and now you're trying to bury that so no one sees you in that kind of light. I don't know, but you know too much to not have been there at least lurking.

Heh... at least Midgy makes sense sometimes. lmao

He's more like the D22 of the Colts forum. But I liked Lee, 'cause he was our nut-job. haha...

Okay so how would you know about what went on at the IndyStar if you weren't there?

Dude. Really?

1. You just complained about it about 20 times.

2. I've been on other Indy boards for about six years and have heard similar stories. In fact I know that's a big reason the original board was shut down (since things got so nasty).

I'm starting to wonder, though, if I know who YOU are... got any aliases? 'Cause you sure remind me of a couple of folks.

Guest BlueShoe

Heh... at least Midgy makes sense sometimes. lmao

He's more like the D22 of the Colts forum. But I liked Lee, 'cause he was our nut-job. haha...

Dude. Really?

1. You just complained about it about 20 times.

2. I've been on other Indy boards for about six years and have heard similar stories. In fact I know that's a big reason the original board was shut down (since things got so nasty).

I'm starting to wonder, though, if I know who YOU are... got any aliases? 'Cause you sure remind me of a couple of folks.

Who do I remind you of?

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

It's a PG-13 board and I want to respect the rules of my hosts.

That would be a wise choice. It's about time you understood that things like that will get guests banned.

Reminder

Please read our forum rules: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

In particular, note:

14. NO PERSONAL SHOTS: Please realize that this is a community of all types of fans - Please keep your personal judgments regarding other member's football knowledge, typing skills, grammar skills, or intelligence to yourself. Personal shots derail threads and contribute to an overall negative feel to this forum community.

We ask for and expect mutual respect. Personal shots may result in suspension or termination of your membership.

I'll differ here after seeing the DETROIT LIONS (formerly 0-16) humiliate, embarrass and crush the once mighty Pats in week 3 pre-season. They are on the decline.

So heres an interesting thing. Colts fans are routinely frustrated when 'experts' have the audacity to say the Colts window is closing, but those same fans watch one preseason game and its all the evidence they need to make the same claim about the Patriots? I know its exciting for you guys that the Patriots fell to 2-1 in the preseason, but do you really think thats proof that they are on the decline?

Look...the Pats looked horrible Saturday night. Sometimes teams lay an egg, and the fact that it was the preseason and not week 8 makes it all the less 'worrysome'. If you guys think this one preseason game is an indication of how they will play this season, you're off your rocker.

So heres an interesting thing. Colts fans are routinely frustrated when 'experts' have the audacity to say the Colts window is closing, but those same fans watch one preseason game and its all the evidence they need to make the same claim about the Patriots? I know its exciting for you guys that the Patriots fell to 2-1 in the preseason, but do you really think thats proof that they are on the decline?

Look...the Pats looked horrible Saturday night. Sometimes teams lay an egg, and the fact that it was the preseason and not week 8 makes it all the less 'worrysome'. If you guys think this one preseason game is an indication of how they will play this season, you're off your rocker.

I don't know buddy, maybe we should just face the facts... we're doomed. DOOMED!!!! ;)

Guest BlueShoe

Why does it matter so much? It's not like we went to a Pats board and started laughing at you. This is predominantly a place where Colts fans come (colts.com), although it is a place where other fans are welcome so long as they follow the rules, just as Colts fans are responsible to do as well. But to be upset about Colts fan laughing at the Pats expense on a Colts board is mind boggling to me. It should actually be expected. If/when the Colts play bad I would expect for Pats fans to have a few laughs and I won’t and don’t feel the need to go to a Pats board to see what they’re saying and let alone comment on their posts to defend our beloved Colts. It’s just the way things are.

We hear it every year about how the Colts are on the decline. The sad thing is that eventually the media heads are going to be correct. We can’t keep winning forever no matter how much we “will it” to happen.

Did you ever find those stats I asked you to look into about Peytons sacks his rookie season and how many we took the year before? ;)

Why does it matter so much? It's not like we went to a Pats board and started laughing at you. This is predominantly a place where Colts fans come (colts.com), although it is a place where other fans are welcome so long as they follow the rules, just as Colts fans are responsible to do as well. But to be upset about Colts fan laughing at the Pats expense on a Colts board is mind boggling to me. It should actually be expected. If/when the Colts play bad I would expect for Pats fans to have a few laughs and I won’t and don’t feel the need to go to a Pats board to see what they’re saying and let alone comment on their posts to defend our beloved Colts. It’s just the way things are.

We hear it every year about how the Colts are on the decline. The sad thing is that eventually the media heads are going to be correct. We can’t keep winning forever no matter how much we “will it” to happen.

Did you ever find those stats I asked you to look into about Peytons sacks his rookie season and how many we took the year before? ;)

We're not upset...but this is a topic about the Patriots and for some reason you dont think Patriots fans should be posting in it. Theres a difference between playful banter and just straight up ignorance. Im sorry that you hear every year that the Colts are on the decline...but lets be honest. That sentiment isnt coming from the Pats fans that post here. Its coming from the experts that you guys continually reference. In the same way that you question why experts think the Colts window is closing based on one 'down season' that you had, we are questioning why you guys think the Patriots are on the declind based on one 'down game' that we had. That seems like a reasonable response for us to question the reasoning that formed that sentiment...no?