Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Long Are You On Colts Forum

Moncrief

I'm logged on most all day M-F.

However, I only check it periodically as I work from home doing customer service for a web based business, and am on the phone, or responding to emails, most all day from 0800-1900. So, I only get to check in periodically.

Used to be on here nonstop not so much anymore though.

It's the off season.......many of us walk away for a breather during the down time.

Whatever you do, do not give up the NFL for that FIFA crap.

BTW; Whatever that is growing on your left cheek....do not have it removed.

I bet your over their on that other teams forum. HA

Yea know......I signed up there back after the signing and have been given infractions 6 times, temp banned and given a permanent mark for harassing the staff. Even though I really haven't done anything to warrant such. I haven't flamed any members, I haven't cursed or been rude....no trolling. I've been nothing but nice to everyone there.

They have just picked me apart for being new and, I assume, for being a proud Colt fan. Over four years with this community and I think I've had 2 warns for off-color humor/comments.

The official Denver Broncos forum is moderated by some serious power trippin bully mods. I'm done trying to enjoy their season with my beloved Peyton. I wish Peyton the best but I'm done caring about that team or what happens with them, Peyton or not.

This is why it is so important for forum staff to realize to what extent their capacity as ambassadors of the franchise takes them. Forum staff often act as the face of the franchise on the internet, and when they behave like children whom are experiencing authority for the first time, it makes the whole franchise look bad.

Our guys 'n' gals do a great, tremendous job.....and boy have they been tested over the last year.

The official Denver Broncos forum is moderated by some serious power trippin bully mods. I'm done trying to enjoy their season with my beloved Peyton. I wish Peyton the best but I'm done caring about that team or what happens with them, Peyton or not.

I can imagine that many of them feel towards us about the same as I feel towards the "Luck is my one and only" people who've come here. Nobody wants to be told "you'll love your new QB, trust me, I'm a long time fan" by someone who just arrived. It's just guaranteed to rub many the wrong way.

But I wouldn't let the mods on the Broncos board influence my enthusiasm for following the rest of Peyton's career anymore than I would let anyone here influence my enthusiasm for our rebuilding team. There is plenty of enjoyment on the horizon in both camps, and I refuse to let anyone ruin it for me. Either might drive me away from either board, but not the team - big difference. It isn't Peyton's fault that the moderators stink. I went decades without the company of any other fans to influence me. Forums are supposed to enhance the fan experience, not the opposite. I sure as heck aren't going to let them influence my rooting interests.

I can imagine that many of them feel towards us about the same as I feel towards the "Luck is my one and only" people who've come here. Nobody wants to be told "you'll love your new QB, trust me, I'm a long time fan" by someone who just arrived. It's just guaranteed to rub many the wrong way.

But I wouldn't let the mods on the Broncos board influence my enthusiasm for following the rest of Peyton's career anymore than I would let anyone here influence my enthusiasm for our rebuilding team. There is plenty of enjoyment on the horizon in both camps, and I refuse to let anyone ruin it for me. Either might drive me away from either board, but not the team - big difference. It isn't Peyton's fault that the moderators stink. I went decades without the company of any other fans to influence me. Forums are supposed to enhance the fan experience, not the opposite. I sure as heck aren't going to let them influence my rooting interests.

I like what you said. I agree with you in principle. However, it is not only the unwelcome moderation that turned me off. Their posters represent to me a sample of the Broncos fans opinion, and many of them are so contrite and bitter that Peyton wasn't just hatched out of an egg. Discussing Peyton's past with them seems akin to discussing your girlfriends/boyfriends ex-lovers. It's not just the mods, it's the fanbase. They just make me sick with their typical frothing sports fan bunk.

I think much of this comes from some of the Colts fans/Peyton fans that are acting like they are the only ones to have witnessed Peyton's greatness over the years. I know that many others have been irritating them to death and I suppose I've been lumped in with them.

Admittedly, I simply cannot picture myself rooting against Peyton.

I like what you said. I agree with you in principle. However, it is not only the unwelcome moderation that turned me off. Their posters represent to me a sample of the Broncos fans opinion, and many of them are so contrite and bitter that Peyton wasn't just hatched out of an egg. Discussing Peyton's past with them seems akin to discussing your girlfriends/boyfriends ex-lovers. It's not just the mods, it's the fanbase. They just make me sick with their typical frothing sports fan bunk.

I think much of this comes from some of the Colts fans/Peyton fans that are acting like they are the only ones to have witnessed Peyton's greatness over the years. I know that many others have been irritating them to death and I suppose I've been lumped in with them.

Admittedly, I simply cannot picture myself rooting against Peyton.

it's just the board and how it is moderated. more nfl boards than not are insufferable due to how they are ran, not the particular fan base. i've spent some time in that part of the country, and they are no worse as a fanbase than any others

i've also spent a lot of time on a lot of different message boards of a lot of varying interests, even moderated a few. it always boils down to the staff. there really should be a handbook on how to run a message board

nice to see you back btw. enjoy next sunday ;)

For the past few weeks several hours a day, 3-4. Earlier this year, after we cut Peyton I avoided this forum for a few months. Got tired of the "we're all doomed" post and the bickering back and forth nonsense. I'll be here daily from here on out! Except for our home games, I'll be rooting from LOS

:colts:

Yea know......I signed up there back after the signing and have been given infractions 6 times, temp banned and given a permanent mark for harassing the staff. Even though I really haven't done anything to warrant such. I haven't flamed any members, I haven't cursed or been rude....no trolling. I've been nothing but nice to everyone there.

They have just picked me apart for being new and, I assume, for being a proud Colt fan. Over four years with this community and I think I've had 2 warns for off-color humor/comments.

This is why it is so important for forum staff to realize to what extent their capacity as ambassadors of the franchise takes them. Forum staff often act as the face of the franchise on the internet, and when they behave like children whom are experiencing authority for the first time, it makes the whole franchise look bad.

Our guys 'n' gals do a great, tremendous job.....and boy have they been tested over the last year.

I havn't even tried to go to that site, and after reading what you state, I have no desire to. I like our Forum here, and have met several people on here that I am happy to call "Friend". One forum site is about all I can handle. Love the Colts, but at the same time I will ALWAYS root for Peyton too.

I havn't even tried to go to that site, and after reading what you state, I have no desire to. I like our Forum here, and have met several people on here that I am happy to call "Friend". One forum site is about all I can handle. Love the Colts, but at the same time I will ALWAYS root for Peyton too.

Yea....I believe I'm done there. In a rare turn of events, I'm banning them.

How long would you say you spend daily on here?

at least a couple hours a day.... depending on what's going on, some days more, some days less. I admit, it's usually the first thing I check in the morning while sipping my coffee...