Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did The Colts Mess Up?

Dtman513

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not possibly be serious! This is his 3rd yr. in the league and he has showed no improvement what so ever.

I understand where you are coming from totally, however, to be on the fair side of things... painter hasn't really gotten the opportunity to play aside from the preseason... I am NOT by any means a supporter or defender of painter!!! He definitely is NOT our replacement plan for PM when that time comes... I'm just saying that you can't really judge his improvement or decline at this point because the guy rides the bench, he doesn't play... I have told my wife many many times that if anything bad ever happens, we are in serious trouble, but the bottom line really is that the guy has zero experience in the NFL... I wouldn't really say the Colts messed up, though, they drafted him to be a backup, and in college he put up respectable numbers (not amazing, but respectable)... oh well, it is what it is

He's dirt cheap. He knows the system (producing in it is another subject). He practices well. He has the players on his side. He can teach receivers when Manning is not available. He's done everything asked of him, and he takes a lot of criticism and still shows up for work.

If Manning ( :worthy: ) was injured, and unable to play... our season is over no matter who our backup is. This whole team is designed around Manning ( :worthy: ), and there isn't another one out there. There are other great QB's, but no other Manning ( :worthy: ). If he's hurt, we're playing for fun. So, why not keep around a guy that can do everything except win in a game? Why pay 2 or 3 million to someone else who will come in and lose the game? The teams that have had backups come in and win weren't running the Manning ( :worthy: ) offense. Let's just hope that Manning ( :worthy: ) gets and stays healthy. :beg:

He's dirt cheap. He knows the system (producing in it is another subject). He practices well. He has the players on his side. He can teach receivers when Manning is not available. He's done everything asked of him, and he takes a lot of criticism and still shows up for work.

If Manning ( :worthy: ) was injured, and unable to play... our season is over no matter who our backup is. This whole team is designed around Manning ( :worthy: ), and there isn't another one out there. There are other great QB's, but no other Manning ( :worthy: ). If he's hurt, we're playing for fun. So, why not keep around a guy that can do everything except win in a game? Why pay 2 or 3 million to someone else who will come in and lose the game? The teams that have had backups come in and win weren't running the Manning ( :worthy: ) offense. Let's just hope that Manning ( :worthy: ) gets and stays healthy. :beg:

This.

It might as well be Curtis Painter at backup....heck, he'd provide us some comedy value on our way to a top 10 draft pick.

Let's face it, arguing the Colts backup QB situation is like arguing over berthing assignments on the Titanic.

Quoted for Truth!

bayone, on 18 August 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

THIS IS WHERE COLTS MESSED UP

by putting painter into that winniong perfect season game in Frigid , snowy buffalo, & as he got stampeded , Well he just wasnt ready for that pressure, as a result Painter is actually good in practice, but his game confidence is so shot once in a game he seems terrified in the pocket, or at least highly uncomfortable as if its the last place he wants to be

--------------------------------------------------------

There's just one gaping hole in you theory:

Painter sucked even before any of that happened. There is no statistical evidence that it made him any worse. There's no reason it should have made him any worse.

The guy has a career completion rate well below 50%. His TD to INT ratio is awful, and that's putting it lightly.

He's been bad against starters.

He's been bad against backups.

He's been bad against third and fourth teamsers.

He's been mediocre in our own training camps.

Seriously... What's with trying to defend the guy? He's a backup QB that didn't work out for us. This is the NFL, and that happens. A lot. A lot more often than not. The difference is, when most teams would say "Thanks for the effort, we're going to see what else is out there" we haven't.

Question, Was he ever in a regular season game situation before that, if not I just feel u can destroy ones playing confidence when thrown into a situation like that involving a perfect season ( and expected to lose ? by all watching ) & it doesnt work out, What u say I put in bold, the starters he played against were in his rookie preseason if any , unless he came in late in a game in rookie year before buffalo

From today Indy Star

At issue is Painter's bottom line. Even discounting two regular-season appearances as a rookie when the team put him in adverse situations, he has struggled with his consistency. During the preseason since his rookie season, Painter has a 54.7 passer rating -- 67-of-121 (55.4 percent), 808 yards, one touchdown and seven interceptions.

"We felt good about the way he bounced back with the second drive," general manager Chris Polian said. "He's always done that. He's got a quiet resiliency about him." ( on speaking about last weeks game )

My link

bayone, on 18 August 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

THIS IS WHERE COLTS MESSED UP

by putting painter into that winniong perfect season game in Frigid , snowy buffalo, & as he got stampeded , Well he just wasnt ready for that pressure, as a result Painter is actually good in practice, but his game confidence is so shot once in a game he seems terrified in the pocket, or at least highly uncomfortable as if its the last place he wants to be

--------------------------------------------------------

Question, Was he ever in a regular season game situation before that, if not I just feel u can destroy ones playing confidence when thrown into a situation like that involving a perfect season ( and expected to lose ? by all watching ) & it doesnt work out, What u say I put in bold, the starters he played against were in his rookie preseason if any , unless he came in late in a game in rookie year before buffalo

From today Indy Star

At issue is Painter's bottom line. Even discounting two regular-season appearances as a rookie when the team put him in adverse situations, he has struggled with his consistency. During the preseason since his rookie season, Painter has a 54.7 passer rating -- 67-of-121 (55.4 percent), 808 yards, one touchdown and seven interceptions.

"We felt good about the way he bounced back with the second drive," general manager Chris Polian said. "He's always done that. He's got a quiet resiliency about him." ( on speaking about last weeks game )

My link

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying. Everyone seems to get caught up with Painter's INT....

I couldn't care less.

I care more that he settled himself down and had a pretty good series afterwards. That tells you that whatever pre-game jitters lead to the INT, it's entirely fixable.

I understand where you are coming from totally, however, to be on the fair side of things... painter hasn't really gotten the opportunity to play aside from the preseason... I am NOT by any means a supporter or defender of painter!!! He definitely is NOT our replacement plan for PM when that time comes... I'm just saying that you can't really judge his improvement or decline at this point because the guy rides the bench, he doesn't play... I have told my wife many many times that if anything bad ever happens, we are in serious trouble, but the bottom line really is that the guy has zero experience in the NFL... I wouldn't really say the Colts messed up, though, they drafted him to be a backup, and in college he put up respectable numbers (not amazing, but respectable)... oh well, it is what it is

And this is why he needs more reps in preseason so if he is going to improve we can see it. I'm just sayin

The bow downs thru out the message CLASSIC !

I don't expect painter to be great, definately he's not peyton. I would however like to see a pulse i;e somekind of growth as a qb. I actually would like to see him do well, but I can understand fans frustration. I guess it really "IS WHAT IT IS" No peyton we could careless what happens it's over anyway. I don't like that attitude, even though it is the truth. I would like to see painter get more reps though, maybe that's the plan since davis is gone. :1colts:

The bow downs thru out the message CLASSIC !

I don't expect painter to be great, definately he's not peyton. I would however like to see a pulse i;e somekind of growth as a qb. I actually would like to see him do well, but I can understand fans frustration. I guess it really "IS WHAT IT IS" No peyton we could careless what happens it's over anyway. I don't like that attitude, even though it is the truth. I would like to see painter get more reps though, maybe that's the plan since davis is gone. :1colts:

I don't think anybody wants to see the guy fail. I've actually met Painter and he's a nice guy. I would like to see the light come on for him and see him succeed, but I just don't see it happening for him. He still looks like every game is his very 1st and he makes terrible reads and throws. This is all I was trying to tell the other guy that defends him endlessly. Its great that he roots for him, but nobody can honestly say that he has shown any growth as an NFL QB at all.

I don't think anybody wants to see the guy fail. I've actually met Painter and he's a nice guy. I would like to see the light come on for him and see him succeed, but I just don't see it happening for him. He still looks like every game is his very 1st and he makes terrible reads and throws. This is all I was trying to tell the other guy that defends him endlessly. Its great that he roots for him, but nobody can honestly say that he has shown any growth as an NFL QB at all.

Some ppl hate painter on here you cant deny that and i dont know why, no one has seen enough of painter to call the guy horrible, in the rams game he showed that he can come back and strike back and ignore the int he threw the previous drive.. thats what you need in a QB, strong arm athleticism and resiliency.

Painter hasn't shown much in his chances...this is true. But maybe that's because they try to make him run the offense the way Peyton does? Call the plays from the line in a no huddle and try to audible the correct play? That seems a bit much for an inexperienced qb to do at all...much less do well. If they slowed it down and let him listen to the OC call plays and they used a huddle like teams usually do...who knows...maybe he wouldn't look so sh*tty. Not defending him...I personally think he's not good...just saying it'd b interesting to see whatever the coaches see in him

I don't know about the rest of you. But the thought of Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick as our future didn't appeal to be much. The only QB I liked in this draft was Mallett, but with his issues you knew the Colts wouldn't take him. Mistake? No. Not yet anyways.

Every team will be sorry they didnt draft Mallett (that had the chance). He will be an unbelievable star in this league.

I have to agree with a previous post. I have seen several back ups QBs on other teams this preseason and the majority are better than our 2. However we knew we had nothing at the backup QB spot, but what the heck was going on with our Defense tonight? We made John Beck look like Tom Brady. I feel sorry for the Colt Fans in Indy that actually paid to see that lack luster performance. I know it is only preseason and we historically stink in preseason, but that was plain embarrassing. It sure is tough to live in Redskin country and have to defend our lack luster effort.

Okay I am on board, I've stood by Painter as long as I could. I am not going to say we need to go break the bank and get a big name back up because we don't have too but there has to be better players out there than Painter or Orlovsky. I still don't think a big name back up is going to change the end result much we are going to lose game but trotting Painter or Orlovsky makes it look they aren't even trying to win. If I were the Colts (and maybe they have already done this) I would be checking out Sorgi and seeing if he can still play at all. He's a vet who knows our system and has looked decent the very few times he has played with the starters. I don't know if we would much more with Sorgi but at least Sorgi makes the Colts look like they are trying.

Okay I am on board, I've stood by Painter as long as I could. I am not going to say we need to go break the bank and get a big name back up because we don't have too but there has to be better players out there than Painter or Orlovsky. I still don't think a big name back up is going to change the end result much we are going to lose game but trotting Painter or Orlovsky makes it look they aren't even trying to win. If I were the Colts (and maybe they have already done this) I would be checking out Sorgi and seeing if he can still play at all. He's a vet who knows our system and has looked decent the very few times he has played with the starters. I don't know if we would much more with Sorgi but at least Sorgi makes the Colts look like they are trying.

I would rather the colts go get troy smith than sorgi, he doesnt have an arm and looks fragile.

I would rather the colts go get troy smith than sorgi, he doesnt have an arm and looks fragile.

Smitto, you have been the biggest painter supporter on this message board, what do you have to say now? Have you seen enough yet to say painter is horrible, because he is setting the quarterback position back 30 years.

Smitto, you have been the biggest painter supporter on this message board, what do you have to say now? Have you seen enough yet to say painter is horrible, because he is setting the quarterback position back 30 years.

No comment... Seriously though painter was not bad or good, not borrible but bad... something like that, there were no passes that went over 20yds. It seemed as if the colts were caling short pass plays. In all he didnt do anything worth highlighting... I only support painter cause he's a colt, at least he didnt turn the ball over.

If you can't get your offense past your OWN 29 yard line for multiple drives, you may as well call them turnovers. Orlovsky has been with the Colts less than a month and plays the position vastly better than Painter. When Painter is under center, there is little to no rhythm at all for the Colts' offense, but when Orlovsky is there, there's at least some form of rhythm going and he often manages to lead drives out to and past midfield. Even though Orlovsky has thrown a combined three interceptions in two preseason games, two of them really weren't even his to blame, they were in the fault of the receivers he was throwing to.

Let's be real here. Preseason games aren't worth anything, except for evaluation. However, you also have to keep in mind that these players are playing against other 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers. Watching Painter play tonight, I couldn't believe his decisions for passes. COUNTLESS TIMES, he threw to receivers who were covered up all over, sometimes even double coverage. If it was just once or a few times, then sure, I'd say he made simple mistakes. But it was almost every other passing down. Being able to read and check off receivers is basic, if not elementary, for a quarterback. I'm not saying this is the only issue I saw tonight from him, there are quite a few more. The point I'm driving at here is just like others have said; Painter is in his 3rd year at QB and has shown little to no progression, even against teams with below-average secondaries.

Next year I'd like to see the Colts spend a relatively high draft pick on a QB as long as the talent and learning abilities are there. Very few of the Colts' first round draft choices have produced much at all since they drafted Addai, with the possible exception of Gonzalez, who now has the injury bug. Both Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes are on "bust alert". So why not go out and spend a 1st or 2nd round pick, again, if the talent and learning abilities are there, in a great college QB? Why not even take a chance on Terrelle Pryor in the supplementary draft? He has just as much athleticism as Cam Newton with a cannon arm and is a student of the game. He's practically the same build and height as Peyton, which Polian likes, and poses as a dual-threat with his legs. Plus, with the way the draft will likely be structured, if the Colts opted to use a supplemental pick, they would only have to give up a 4th or 5th round pick for the 2012 April draft.

I'm beginning to wonder if other QBs can run this offense. When has a backup QB ever looked good since Manning came to town?

When has a backup ever really PLAYED since Peyton came to town? He's never missed a start and the backup only comes in if A) the game is already won and they're pretty much just going to run the ball in that situation to run out the clock or B) when the playoff spot has been set and they really just don't care.

maybe dan marino, warren moon, or tom brady (puke in my mouth)

only a freak of nature can do what manning does

THANK Y0U!!! for mentioning Warren Moon's name in there. I was a huge fan of Warren Moon and have always felt that to some degree he gets overlooked when a lot of people talk about the greatest QB's of all time. Just wanted to give that shout out to you for including Moon in there. lol

Ok saying the team had no confidence in Painter is an over-exageration. It's not that team has no confidence, they just have much more with Peyton. That's all I'm saying, and whether or not Orlovsky is better, both QBs are useless and can't win.

Dude, really? Did that really need to be said? The Colts could have Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers on the roster and they'd still have more confidence with Manning in there. ;)

I really have no opinion on Painter. Would we make the playoffs if Manning went down and Painter had to come in? Unlikely. However, we have never seen Painter start a game with all of the starters with a true game plan in place for him in a game we needed to win. The Jets and Buffalo game...it's already been discussed. The playoff spot was locked and we didn't need to win the game. Personally I never got the impression that the coaching staff had any desire to win those games. If they wanted to win then they would have played the starters.

So, what would happen if Painter (or any other backup for that matter) were to have to play for us if Manning were to go down? Who knows. I don't get why everyone says that if Manning goes down then that's it for us. Don't get me wrong, Manning is magic and there's not another player like him. However, he is basically the offensive coordinator on the field. He reads the defense and determines what play to call. He runs the offense and he does it better than anyone else who has ever played the position. If another QB were to have to play for us in a meaningful game, then the coaching staff would have to slow the game down for him and make the calls themselves. It would then be up to the coaching staff, not the QB to determine what plays to call in what situations. We would have to become a more balanced team because no one else can throw the ball like PM can. The coaching staff would have to know that and would have to adjust the game plan accordingly. IMO, saying that with Manning out our season is over shows little to no faith in the coaching staff because you're saying that the coaches wouldn't know how to adjust the game plan for a "normal" QB. Maybe that's the case but fortunately we've never had to find out if that's true or not and hopefully we never will. The fact remains though, that whether PM is in the game or not, we still have a load of skill players who cause nightmarish mismatches for the opposing defense.

The biggest problem with a no-Manning offense would be that we would have to rely more on the run. Personally, my biggest complaint with the running game is the zone blocking schemes. Forget this crap and just run the ball downhill. No our OL isn't going to go out and completely manhandle the opposing DL on every play, but no team's OL is going to do that. IMO from what I've seen the past few years, it's all the stretch plays and zone blocking that leads to the poor rushing. They have shown signs of being able to just run it downhill and do it relatively effectively.

I would love to have stat sheets for the past couple of years that show the rushing numbers broken up so that we could compare how they've fared when running downhill against when they've used zone blocking. Anyone feel like looking this up? lol

Anyway, yes, Manning is our bread and butter and I don't want anything to happen to him, but the point I am simply trying to make is even without him, we have guys who can create mismatches. Would another QB throw for 4500+ yards? No. Are we a better team with Manning as opposed to without? Yes of course. In a "Most obvious statement" contest, saying we're a better team with Manning than without would come in second to ole Andy246's statement that the Colts are more confident in Manning than Painter. I just don't think it's totally fair to say we're 0-16 and wind up with the #1 pick if Manning goes down. Don't get me wrong, it's totally possible but who knows...stranger things have happened. :)

OK all that aside, Irsay did say during the game tonight that it is still a possibility they could go out and look for a Veteran QB to bring in (primarily if Manning doesn't progress as they hope he will). Anyone know what vet QB's are still out there and available? Personally my preference with what I know of who's available would be to try and lure Marc Bulger out of retirement.

ow do you know he can't win a preseason game? We don't gameplan for the preseason... we don't play preseason games to win. He played what? Like two series last week? That's hardly a lot to get excited about.

Why not? Our opponenets do, or do thay? Are they that much better than we are in the same situation?....He plays a half and gets NADA, ZERO, ZIPPETY SQUAT...One first down, ONE...4 possessins, Three and out 3 times...With the first team....He Blows...Took all of Mannings snaps in camp and still got NUTHIN'...

C'mon Polian, get your ego out of the way and find us a BU.

Curtis Painter has showed promise in practice! his teammates even said. The one good thing about having Painter is he is cheap. I know he can play I watched him at Purdue. The guy has zero confidence left and I am not worried about Peyton because the guy played with a broken jaw in 2002 when yes a Dolphins player hit him up high and Mark Rypien came in one play for Peyton. I want to know why did we waive Nate Davis the Ball State product!!!

So what if teams don't "gameplan" against one another for the preseason? They go out and run their schemes to get better individually and Painter has what seems to be an amazing amount of difficulty passing the ball. Yesterday the Colts signed Kerry Collins. Does that not tell you enough right there that the Colts front office and coaching staff have serious doubts about both Painter and Orlovsky? Why else would they have signed him?

Like I've said before (and God forbid I'll have to explain this again), Painter is undoubtedly a smart guy with a good grasp of the offensive scheme, but it's his decisions and lack of precision and awareness that make him a horrendous quarterback. Watching him play against Washington's backup defense, I took notice every passing play. He throws into double coverage. He throws to receivers on curl or hook routes either way too early, or way too late when the defender notices the route. He hardly ever steps up in the pocket. His deep passes are largely underthrown. His SHORT passes rarely hit the numbers. <--- These are all critical elements of an individual QB's skillset, not the scheme/coaching side. Why do you think Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett played relatively well in their first two preseason games? The answer: They both make great decisions and perform excellent check-downs on their receivers. Their timing has been great on high-percentage routes. When I look at Painter, I see maybe one precise, well-timed pass out of every ten. Again, I don't doubt that he's a smart guy, but it's his instinct and impulse that is lacking. And for anybody thinking we expect too much of a quarterback, we really don't. In the modern-age NFL, these types of traits are a necessity if not bare minimum to play in this league.

If you can't get your offense past your OWN 29 yard line for multiple drives, you may as well call them turnovers. Orlovsky has been with the Colts less than a month and plays the position vastly better than Painter. When Painter is under center, there is little to no rhythm at all for the Colts' offense, but when Orlovsky is there, there's at least some form of rhythm going and he often manages to lead drives out to and past midfield. Even though Orlovsky has thrown a combined three interceptions in two preseason games, two of them really weren't even his to blame, they were in the fault of the receivers he was throwing to.

Let's be real here. Preseason games aren't worth anything, except for evaluation. However, you also have to keep in mind that these players are playing against other 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers. Watching Painter play tonight, I couldn't believe his decisions for passes. COUNTLESS TIMES, he threw to receivers who were covered up all over, sometimes even double coverage. If it was just once or a few times, then sure, I'd say he made simple mistakes. But it was almost every other passing down. Being able to read and check off receivers is basic, if not elementary, for a quarterback. I'm not saying this is the only issue I saw tonight from him, there are quite a few more. The point I'm driving at here is just like others have said; Painter is in his 3rd year at QB and has shown little to no progression, even against teams with below-average secondaries.

Next year I'd like to see the Colts spend a relatively high draft pick on a QB as long as the talent and learning abilities are there. Very few of the Colts' first round draft choices have produced much at all since they drafted Addai, with the possible exception of Gonzalez, who now has the injury bug. Both Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes are on "bust alert". So why not go out and spend a 1st or 2nd round pick, again, if the talent and learning abilities are there, in a great college QB? Why not even take a chance on Terrelle Pryor in the supplementary draft? He has just as much athleticism as Cam Newton with a cannon arm and is a student of the game. He's practically the same build and height as Peyton, which Polian likes, and poses as a dual-threat with his legs. Plus, with the way the draft will likely be structured, if the Colts opted to use a supplemental pick, they would only have to give up a 4th or 5th round pick for the 2012 April draft.

Love that avatar pic, you dont know how many times ive asked my gf to take a pic like that for me.... but she's a pats fan sooo no luck.

That being said its kinda hard to throw the ball when your line gets called on penalties making it hard to convert, or when your receivers cant get any seperation... We've seen wayne run that route plenty of times, if taj smith had any seperation on that play he PROBABLY would have caught that ball. I dont even know why the still have that guy, he's not very good at catching and not good at running routes.... The colts dont need to draft any QB now either its too early for that, and painter will be a good back up QB the guy is only getting better.

Painter was reaching for my poster to sign(@ training camp), but I pulled it back. I didn't want his autograph, and that's the first time I turned down a chance for one. Ha, I didn't feel bad either! Cut him !

Dude that's cold, not to mention rude. There's plenty of jerks in the NFL that wouldn't sign autographs, even for kids. Atleast he's a nice guy. Pull that move with someone who wants money for giving autographs. Now that would be hilarious.

Please tell me why the colts should get rid of painter? is it because he didnt keep the undefeated season alive or because he doesnt have starter stats in the preseason smh.

I think we might be the only 2 ppl in the world who wants Painter to get a chance. Like I said earlier, is Reggie Wayne just that much of a team player or does he really see something in Painter in practice. I dont ever remember him taking for Sorgi this way.

I think we might be the only 2 ppl in the world who wants Painter to get a chance. Like I said earlier, is Reggie Wayne just that much of a team player or does he really see something in Painter in practice. I dont ever remember him taking for Sorgi this way.

He got his chance, what do you think the Colts have just been ignoring him the past two years. The Colts probably gave him a half a pre-season longer than most fans would have. He hasn't done enough to show he can do the job thus they went out and got Collins. Just because Painter has not played well does not mean he hasn't had a chance.

Lets watch him Friday nite against Greenbay. He will start with the first team guys probably for the half. This is his time to shine. If he doesn't,he will be cut, and Caldwell will continue to look lost as always. Does he do anything as the Colts coach?

I'm asking because I watch the Colts from 1200 miles away. From this angle, he looks lost, he has a lot of double talk. I'm going over to the Dungy residence and ask him what did the Colts do to him to deserve this.

" I dont drink beer often, but when I do, I wake up with the big girls".

Stay thirsty my friends.

Exactly there's no doubt the organization trusted and believed that painter could hold the fort down or else if they didnt they would have gotten someone much earlier. The front office just got impatient i think, if painter has a good game in the packers game im curious to see how the colts handle things.

Lets watch him Friday nite against Greenbay. He will start with the first team guys probably for the half. This is his time to shine. If he doesn't,he will be cut, and Caldwell will continue to look lost as always. Does he do anything as the Colts coach?

I'm asking because I watch the Colts from 1200 miles away. From this angle, he looks lost, he has a lot of double talk. I'm going over to the Dungy residence and ask him what did the Colts do to him to deserve this.

" I dont drink beer often, but when I do, I wake up with the big girls".

Stay thirsty my friends.

The colts will not cut painter, if anyone is gonna get cut it will be dan and mike hartline, painter knows this offense.... How does caldwell look lost?

Exactly there's no doubt the organization trusted and believed that painter could hold the fort down or else if they didnt they would have gotten someone much earlier. The front office just got impatient i think, if painter has a good game in the packers game im curious to see how the colts handle things.

That was called giving Painter a chance and once it became clear Painter wasn't living up to that chance they signed someone else. If they felt good about Painter there is no way they would have gone out and gotten Collins.

Kerry Collins or PM start week 1... Curtis will be doing what he does best... Holding a clip board

Kerry Collins or PM start week 1... Curtis will be doing what he does best... Holding a clip board

jvan1973 are you trying to hurt my feelings lmao lol if painter is holding a clipboard and someones on the field eating up positive yardage then thats all great... i think your confusing me defending the guy for infatuation.

That was called giving Painter a chance and once it became clear Painter wasn't living up to that chance they signed someone else. If they felt good about Painter there is no way they would have gone out and gotten Collins.

While that is true collins is still gonna have to prove himself, they say he's gonna start in wk 1 if peyton cant go but i would doubt that if he doesnt look any better.