Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Linkenbach Moved to Guard [Merge]

HtownColt

this... the dude is versatile.. He is no Tarik Glenn.. but he CAN com off the bench and play the position..

Good OL don't just fall off trees........

Put him around a GOOD OL and he will not hurt them.

Sucking at multiple positions doesn't qualify you as "versatile."

Sucking at multiple positions doesn't qualify you as "versatile."

What this tells you is that we don't have a very good line. Hopefully the sum ends up better than the parts but he keeps popping up because we still don't have answers at all these positions. Lets be honest guys...we can sugar coat it all we want but even when we were bringing these guys in we knew they were castoffs from other teams...limited success and mostly college standouts that have failed to live up to expectations in the NFL. So far we have found out that OL is still pretty much a giant ?

This isn't news to me...I have said this all along all offseason. You can guarantee that come next offseason we will target some big name OL. This thing isn't fixed in one offseason. Perhaps we gel and we hold our own. I hope so for Lucks sake. What I have noticed all offseason is that one positives of most of the guys we brought in was that they were better run blockers than pass blockers. Across the board pretty much. I said we are going to run the ball a lot and Luck will run passes that focus on getting the ball out quick. I was scoffed at because people said you don't bring in AL and hand the ball off...this is a passing league and you have to pass to win. Well I still believe we run the ball way more than I think most believe. I think it is the best option to keep Luck healthy, give him time to learn, and get us into 2013 where we have cap flexibility to make major upgrades.

I'm not going to say our line sucks..they have things they do well. Running should be one of them...and I think we lean on that and slow down the rush on Andrew. We then utilize quick, short passes to our wrs and TEs and most importantly keep Luck upright. Link back into the starting lineup doesn't mean he will stay there but it does show you the quality we have. With Ijalana out for the season I think they realized Reitz wasn't the long term answer and they thought Ben would be back. Now they know they have an issue and are going to go with Link as the solution. Scary....I know...but that is how we will operate this season...holding our breath all year hoping Luck doesn't get an OL dropped on him and break a collerbone.