Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will our TE's be signed when we wake-up?

NewColtsFan

Well... maybe not when you wake up... but, perhaps when I wake-up 3 hours behind you!

By then, we will have officially run out of time. I don't pretend to know what the hang-up is.

And I confess a bit of frustration that the local newspapers (IndyStar/Fort Wayne) have no story on this. Two top draft picks not signed and no story? What's up with that?

There's still time to get this done... but the hours are fast running out....

Here's hoping for good news when I see you all in the morning..!! :thmup:

Let's Get It Done!!

I hope so but I think if they were close irsay would be promising to have them in camp like he was with luck.

If not while not ideal a holdout is not the end of the world. It could be worse someone could get hurt like the bengals pick did today and have to miss most of camp. Also i would say they got the deal done they had too with luck him missing the start of camp would hurt more than the rookie tightends especially since luck had to miss some otas already.

Peyton missed a week. Lets not forget.

Yep missing time in camp isn't the end of the world even under the new system it's still not unheard of to have rookies miss a little bit of time. It's not like Fleener and Allen are the only two unsigned rookies left in the league. This is Grigson's first go at this too and I think it's important not to forget that. He got the must be done by camp deal done with Luck if Fleener and Allen lag a little bit while not ideal we can live with it.

Well I stated if they weren't signed by Tuesday I would start to worry so officially I must start to worry now that it's Wednesday lol. I still would like to know why it has taken this long. I thought that if anything the Colts couldn't be a team to dilly-dally around when it comes to signing players in general and especially those who are critical in their position. I hope something gets done before camp but as of now I, like most of you, have no idea on what to think...

Well I stated if they weren't signed by Tuesday I would start to worry so officially I must start to worry now that it's Wednesday lol. I still would like to know why it has taken this long. I thought that if anything the Colts couldn't be a team to dilly-dally around when it comes to signing players in general and especially those who are critical in their position. I hope something gets done before camp but as of now I, like most of you, have no idea on what to think...

Judt because a deal isn't done doesn't mean they are dily-dallying. We have no idea what the hold up is if Allen and fleener agents are making unfair requests to try to see of they can get them by a first year gm no grigson shouldn't just cave to get them in for the start of camp. They will get done like I said before while this isn't ideal it's not a major issue so let's not turn a mole hill into a mountain. This isn't even as bad as if luck didn't get his deal done on time. This isn't unheard of in the nfl even under the CBA alot of teams still have some unsigned rookies not just us.

The real work starts on Saturday when vets report. I'll only be worried if they aren't signed by then. But there is no reason why they shouldn't be signed since their slots are already in place pay-wise.

I heard on the radio two things are at least holding up fleener how the money is paid out and off set language. Now if luck didn't get that in his contract it's reasonable to think fleener shouldn't either. So it sounds like fleeners agent might be trying to get over a little bit on grigson now that came from Nate dunlevey so I don't think it's the best source especially since Chappell said he heard the colts were offering less bonus money to both than what thier agents think they should get at thier slot. So it's a waiting game by the sounds of it to see who blinks first. My guess is with camp starting someone will blink fairly quickly. That's normally how it works because either the player finally goes I need to get out there and tells his agent get a deal done or the team finally goes its going to cost us more not having him out there than by paying him what he wants and just does the deal. So I am sure it will happen in the near future.

I heard on the radio two things are at least holding up fleener how the money is paid out and off set language. Now if luck didn't get that in his contract it's reasonable to think fleener shouldn't either. So it sounds like fleeners agent might be trying to get over a little bit on grigson now that came from Nate dunlevey so I don't think it's the best source especially since Chappell said he heard the colts were offering less bonus money to both than what thier agents think they should get at thier slot. So it's a waiting game by the sounds of it to see who blinks first. My guess is with camp starting someone will blink fairly quickly. That's normally how it works because either the player finally goes I need to get out there and tells his agent get a deal done or the team finally goes its going to cost us more not having him out there than by paying him what he wants and just does the deal. So I am sure it will happen in the near future.

I'm guessing by the end of the day we'll have something from one or both of them. Players that were drafted just before or after Fleener and Allen have their deals done, so it should be a pretty close template.

I'm guessing by the end of the day we'll have something from one or both of them. Players that were drafted just before or after Fleener and Allen have their deals done, so it should be a pretty close template.

I had a brain fart when I made my last post Chappell was talking about garented money not bonus money. Chap did seem to think both deals would be done shortly.

Hope I'm wrong, but I now think this is going to Saturday/Sunday.... the hard TC deadline...

Sorry to see that happen. Again, hope I'm wrong.

But to have two top draft picks missing rookie camp is not good. And this is just what the new CBA was designed to help avoid.

I don't care what happened before this new CBA. I don't care what happened in the Good ole Days... And I don't care how many other rookies are out. Other teams are not the Colts. They didn't go 2-14 with the worst record. I only care about what the Colts are doing. And I don't care that Grigson is new to this.

I think this is going to go a few more days because both sides have now shown their willing to go past the rookie deadline. If that's ok, then I think both sides believe missing a few days of rookie camp must not be that big a deal. I hate to see it happen.

And, as I said.... hope I'm wrong. I'll be happy if I'm wrong and it gets done sooner.

This is my first disappointment as a Colts fan.

Oh well...

JMV'S is reporting on twitter he has been told that it would be surprise if both are not signed by the end of his show. JMV'S sources ate right he got the manning story first and right last year. For those that don't know JMV is a local sports talk show host in Indianapolis.

I'll hold off on saying anything else until the end of the day...

I see the encouraging post about the radio show from CR Hughes... we'll see if this happens... if so, my comments mean less...

But if they're note signed by the end of the day... I'll chime in with a few more thoughts...

But to be clear... my remarks about being disappointed should not be viewed that I'm panicking or somehow think this is going to mean the difference between a winning and losing season... far from it...

Either way... I can weigh in with the rest a little later.... here's hoping things are settled later today...

I wonder what the hold up is?

Good question Lollygager. Didn't the new CBA slot all rookie salaries based on position now anyway? Perhaps, it has something to do with signing bonuses, player incentives, or guaranteed money amounts. I don't know.

Enough nonsense already. Get it done, sign the dotted line, & get your butt ready for training camp. No holdouts please. Thank you.