Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vote for your favorite Colts Helmet

BProland85

Bring back Blue Facemask!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite helmet style?

• Current Helmet(White w/gray facemask)
    • White helmet(blue facemask)
    • Blue Helmet(gray facemask-alternate helmet)

When I see the white helmet with blue facemask I think "Indy Colts", which is what they are. The white helmet with gray facemask is just "Colts" as Ive always known and loved. Either way is fine with me as long as they dont go changing logos and color schemes, IMO, wouldnt be the same!

Me personally I am not a fan of the blue facemasks. It's probably because I'm so used to what we have now...

I know we had the blue masks in the mid-late 90's and white masks in the 80's and early 90's, but the blue masks feel like bad 80's masks (and not in a cool retro way).

I'm not trying to be rude, but can you explain what you mean?

Teams can't have different looking helmets for home and away uniform. Alternate uniforms are allowed to have a different helmet variation though.

Edit: Bavanlan covered it. :thmup:

Me personally I am not a fan of the blue facemasks. It's probably because I'm so used to what we have now...

Depends on how long you've been a fan. If you're just an Indy fan you'd be use to the white mask the most. They wore them from 1984-1994. Blue facemasks from 1995-2003. The gray mask 2004-present.

So for the Indy years it's 11 seasons as white masks, blue masks for 9 seasons, and grey masks for 9 seasons.

The Baltimore years add a differenence to the look. Grey masks from 1954-1955 and 1957-1977. Blue mask for 1956, and white mask from 1978-1983.

So total is blue mask for 10 seasons, white masks for 17 seasons, and grey mask for 32 seasons.

Little fun fact for everyone.

Personally I think the Colts should move away from grey masks because that is the Baltimore Colts look.

Teams can't have different looking helmets for home and away uniform. Alternate uniforms are allowed to have a different helmet variation though.

Edit: Bavanlan covered it. :thmup:

Depends on how long you've been a fan. If you're just an Indy fan you'd be use to the white mask the most. They wore them from 1984-1994. Blue facemasks from 1995-2003. The gray mask 2004-present.

So for the Indy years it's 11 seasons as white masks, blue masks for 9 seasons, and grey masks for 9 seasons.

The Baltimore years add a differenence to the look. Grey masks from 1954-1955 and 1957-1977. Blue mask for 1956, and white mask from 1978-1983.

So total is blue mask for 10 seasons, white masks for 17 seasons, and grey mask for 32 seasons.

Little fun fact for everyone.

Personally I think the Colts should move away from grey masks because that is the Baltimore Colts look.

and I am sure the Colts would tell you the Colts history rather it be in Baltimore or Indianapolis is still the Colts history. It's been proven here not everyone stopped being a Colts fan when they left Baltimore so I don't have a problem with the Colts claiming their history. There is no rule that said they had to shut the door on that when they moved. The Colts are one of the classic NFL teams and they are trying to tap into that. With that said even the Packers went to green facemasks and you don't get much more classic than the Packers and I happened to like the blue facemasks.

oh the blue pants lol :)

1995 had the 'flashy" uniforms compared to the rest of the franchise history. haha

and I am sure the Colts would tell you the Colts history rather it be in Baltimore or Indianapolis is still the Colts history. It's been proven here not everyone stopped being a Colts fan when they left Baltimore so I don't have a problem with the Colts claiming their history. There is no rule that said they had to shut the door on that when they moved. The Colts are one of the classic NFL teams and they are trying to tap into that. With that said even the Packers went to green facemasks and you don't get much more classic than the Packers and I happened to like the blue facemasks.

Of course. It's still all Colts. Whether is be Balt, Indy, or Timbuctoo. It's all Colts to me, and I find Balt fans real petty for disclaiming a franchise. If you ask me I think if the Ravens and Colts were both in Balt. There would be more Colts fans. So for that they are petty becuase older fans are just Colt fans deep at heart, but tend to like their grudge.

I like how they are keeping tradition with grey masks, but I like white or blue over grey. It seems to fit better on the uniforms. It may be that the blue color is a differnt shade since the Balt days. IDK.

Personally, I love the throw-back Dark Blue helmet ! I think it is time to alter the current uniform's, they are too plain for my tastes.

I hate that helmet. But hey, opinions are like ............ I'm happy with whatever uni as long as they win.