Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Luck

bavanlan

Hungarian beat me to it!!

It's up on the website (with picture) and Irsay has even tweeted. (when was the last time that happened!)

I'd expect some details to come out in the next few hours on ESPN.com and NFL.com

Congrats to everyone.

Fleener and Allen in the next 24 hours or so is my guess.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....You were criticizing the medium of twitter....????

You know we're on a message board..right?

Please don't insult my intelligence. Thank you.

Clearly, you have an issue with my not wanting to re-sign Bob Sanders to a minimum vet offer sheet in another forum topic. If you have an issue with this viewpoint or any other viewpoint I might hold. Please feel free to express it my friend. Friends don't always see eye to eye. That's called life. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, shape, or form. I do respect your point of view even if it drastically differs from mine. Have a nice day.

Wahoo! Happy Luck is signed and Irsay came threw on his promise and looks like he knew what he was saying when he said the Colts and Luck were close and they would have it done before camp. Very happy to see this deal. Let's finish up the rookie class now and get to work at camp!

I would like to see a more reputable resource confirm this fact. Thank you. Can any other journalist outfit verify this? Twitter is not high on my totem pole of reliable information.

FWIW, I think a direct line from the primary beat writer for the local paper who has been covering the team reliably for 28+ years is as reputable as it comes.

While I am glad he is signed, I never understood the anxiety that pervaded this board regarding getting him signed by training camp. There was not need to have him signed until the day before camp started. Doing it earlier provided no advantage that I know of for either the Colts or Luck, particularly now that the CBA pretty well spells out the compensation side of the contract. I had absolutely no doubts that this would happen prior to training camp.

Saw it from Bleacher report as well my friend which may not be that more credible

Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...heard it from another you been messin' arou- hound....(I believe it's time for me to Fly) My Inner REO Speedwagon came out....:)

Welcome to the greatest day this team has seen to date.

You mean the greatest day YOU have seen the team have to date in your time as a fan, meaning since (checking watch) about 4 1/2 hours ago.

By the way, congratulations on finally managing to produce a post that doesn't literally express your infatuation with Luck. I know it's still implied, but the indirectness is a bit less frightening.

Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...heard it from another you been messin' arou- hound....(I believe it's time for me to Fly) My Inner REO Speedwagon came out.... :)

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Andrew pass out at 31 Flavors last night!" I guess it's pretty serious.

I know that the playbooks have gone digital, but it sure doesn't look like the Colts are big on reading.

Heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...heard it from another you been messin' arou- hound....(I believe it's time for me to Fly) My Inner REO Speedwagon came out.... :)

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Andrew pass out at 31 Flavors last night!" I guess it's pretty serious.

Who says that my Forum Friends don't have a great sense of humor?!! A little LUCK goes a long way right? That and a catchy Reo Speedway tune... haha:lol: :lol:

Please don't insult my intelligence. Thank you.

Clearly, you have an issue with my not wanting to re-sign Bob Sanders to a minimum vet offer sheet in another forum topic. If you have an issue with this viewpoint or any other viewpoint I might hold. Please feel free to express it my friend. Friends don't always see eye to eye. That's called life. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, shape, or form. I do respect your point of view even if it drastically differs from mine. Have a nice day.

Not to beat you down on your whole reputable source, but I have found twitter to be more reliable and up-to-date than anything else amazingly enough. Found out about Junior Seau through twitter and matter of fact last night found out that Dwight Howard is willing to re-sign with the lakers as well via twitter. I personally used to be anti-twitter but I am proud to admit i'm a convert. . . .

Back to the point of the thread!!!!!

Wohoo Luck is signed. Lets get the rest of them rooks and get em building the Monster!

I would have liked this earlier......just had a massive thunderstorm come through....I have trees down.....good comment on the 31 flavors....I hope he does not heed to the Baskin Bear's Blitz flavor! :)

"option for 5th year" means they have him for the 5th year if they want him, without franchise tagging him...yes?
according to the new cba they have to let him know by the end of yr 3 if they will pick up his 5th yr. gee that's a nail biter.

Not to beat you down on your whole reputable source, but I have found twitter to be more reliable and up-to-date than anything else amazingly enough. Found out about Junior Seau through twitter and matter of fact last night found out that Dwight Howard is willing to re-sign with the lakers as well via twitter. I personally used to be anti-twitter but I am proud to admit i'm a convert. . . .

Wohoo Luck is signed. Lets get the rest of them rooks and get em building the Monster!

I see what ur saying but u can't re-sign until u sign. Just saying. Dwight's a big cry baby a waffler & it's all his fault for re-upping the final yr. I wonder if the Kardassion girl will still date Bynum if he goes to the. Cavs

I think it's a generational or cultural phenomenon. If you grew up with Twitter, you rely on it; If you didn't, you prefer other media sources. To each their own. I guess right.

Yes, Hooray LUCK is signed and a done deal now!!!

That's like saying "I've found television to be a reputable source". Twitter isn't a source, it's a medium. The reputable part comes from whose doing the talking. SW appeared to be doubting the veracity of Mike Chappell, which is why he got some flack. Personally I trust Chappel myself - regardless of whether he is tweeting, writing an article for the Star, or using crayons on a sidewalk. If the tweet in question had been from - lets just say Rob Lowe for example. It would have been an ENTIRELY different story, and I would have agreed with SW completely.