Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chandler Harnish Receives Accolades As 'Mr. Irrelevant'

Hi, everybody! I hope it's still timely to post more news, and pictures, on Chandler Harnish's visit to Southern California last week as he was honored as 'Mr. Irrelevant.' for being selected the 254th, and last draft pick of the 2012 NFL Draft last April by the Colts.

Chandler was able to meet the Mr. Irrelevant creator, Paul Salata, and participated in local activities around Newport Beach and Costa Mesa, including a parade, a pony show, and a banquet in his honor that evening by the city of Newport Beach and local businesses, as Mr. Irrelevant. Chandler was even awarded the traditional 'Lowsman' trophy, compared the the Heisman, as the last player picked in the 2012 NFL Draft. Chandler even tried on a Colts jersey with the number 254.

Articles and links provided by both the Costa Mesa Daily Pilot, and the Santa Ana-based Orange County Register, in plenty of time before the start of the Colts training camp.

http://articles.dailypilot.com/2012-07-03/opinion/tn-dpt-0704-deboom-20120703 1_wendell-fish-japanese-student-student-exchange

http://www.dailypilot.com/sports/tn-dpt-0703-sparrivalparty-20120702,0,6581228.story

http://www.dailypilot.com/sports/tn-dpt-0704-splowmansbanquet-20120703,0,7154989.story

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/harnish-362031-irrelevant-newport.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Harnish

You can search a few more links from Chandler Harnish's visit to Southern California as Mr. Irrelevant on the Daily Pilot's news online website, at http://www.dailypilot.com/ No word if Chandle, and his family and friends, hadany extra time to visit Disneyland during his visit in Orange County, or if he answered a request for Brianne's from New York City's date on You Tube/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Nice comment.   A few thoughts.  I don't think there can be too much weight put into any definite plans either Irsay or Manning had before the neck surgery.  The surgery worked, and he went on to play three more years at a pretty good level...at least the first two.  I think both sides were hedging against either scenario, the arm returning or not, and both sides having different motivations, so it looks like a boxing match where the two sides are dancing around the ring fighting for the best position up until August when he goes under the knife.  Why PM insisted the contract should force the Colts hands 5 days before the new league year is something I'd have to think about.   Polian has said that his biggest mistake with PM teams was not having a viable QB.  In a rare moment of honest humility, he said that he kicked himself for not drafting Andy Dalton (Spring 2011 draft) at the time and knew that not drafting him was the wrong decision the moment it was made.  So it seems that having to go into the season with Painter and then being cornered into finding Kerry Collins was just a big screw up more than a plan.  JMO.     And the cupboards were bare when the 2011 season closed.  Once Luck became available to us by him declaring and us having the first pick, old guys like Clark, Saturday, Tamme were expendable.  I think others retired too.  Freeney was just hanging out with a fat contract and still useful but he was excess.  Reggie stayed, Mathis stayed, and AC was heading into his second year.  Not to move on to RG, but one of the reasons he drafted Fleener then DA was because there was no TE on the roster, none, and few olinemen.  Couldn't even field a full o line with who was under contract.  Yeah, that's how bare the cupboard was.  Everybody left.   Also, around that time there was an interview with Polian about his thoughts on Luck and RGIII.  It came off as sounding like he had more good things to say about RGIII than Luck, so I'm wondered if Irsay was worried that BP was seriously thinking about picking the wrong QB. 
    • People around Manning have  said and the Colts and Manning haven’t denied that Manning wanted them to have an out because he knew he needed the neck surgery and he didn’t think it was fair for the Colts to be on the hook for that contract if things went south.  
    • I didn't expect to see much of him with Tennessee's game plan of running the ball with Henry so much. Plus, the Colts were playing from behind nearly the entire game. I expect to see a lot more of Kemoko this week against Houston.
    • Getting rid of Adam Gase instantly makes them a better team. If they get rid of him, bring in even an average HC, and draft Lawrence, they could instantly turn things around. They added a good OT in Becton, a potential WR1 in Denzel Mims (on IR this season), and a few other really solid guys in the draft this year (I really liked OT Clark and Bryce Hall). They're not completely devoid of talent, just have a HC that is toxic. 
    • Honestly the more I look at these numbers the more I think the NFL is going to have to set the cap at a higher number then the usual % of revenues.   Either that or they are going to have to grant some exceptions to certain teams to where they can somehow take the amount of cap they are over this year and then push that forward to future years or something.     Go and look at the Saints or the Eagles. . . these teams are leveraged HARD.  I literally don't see how the Eagles are even able to field a team next year.  Like they can go cut everyone and sign the replacements on NFL minimum contracts and I don't see them being able to even have a 53 man roster.  
  • Members

• richard pallo

richard pallo 3,102

• jskinnz

jskinnz 5,811

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 11,118

• buccolts

buccolts 5,151

• Derakynn

Derakynn 1,344

• Myles