Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would you add?

The Peytonator

Say you get your choice of one person from another team, and you get to add them to our roster.....who would you take?

For me, with our current state of Cornerbacks, I'd have to go with Revis. He does seem like a prima donna, but in this passing league, to be able to take away a team's #1 guy, with one man, is something every team would kill to be able to do. Even though I disagree with his constant bickering about his contract, if anyone deserves to be highest paid at their position, it's Revis. He is undisputedly the best at his spot.

My honorable mentions would be Ngata, Justin Smith, Calvin Johnson, and Carl Nicks.

Revis gets the edge because of how hard it seems to be to find true shutdown CBs.

1. Revis

2. Ngata

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Jake Long

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Logan Mankins

8. JJ Watt

9. Patrick Willis

10. Patrick Peterson

What is very interesting is Revis will be a free agent this year and the colts will have huge money to spend

Suh....he's younger than Ngata.

I'm in the extreme minority here, but Revis is vastly overrated. When playing against #1s n his own division he actually gives up significant yards/plays. Stevie, Randy,Marshall. All put him in his place. It's the 2nd tier guys he plays once every 4 years that he "locks down".

If I were to go CB I'd go after the younger guys, someone like Flowers or Carr. But I think my first pick may be Patrick Peterson. He's the new Calvin Johnson of the CB position. Big. Strong. Fast.

1. Joe Haden (CLE CB)

2. Arian Foster (What's better than getting a Great Divisional Player & Delivering a BLOW to Your division rival?)

3. Brandon Boykin (Rookie Drafted by PHI)

4. Megatron

5. Patrick Willis (Him & Angerer together? WHOOOOOOO WEEEEEE)

I'm in the extreme minority here, but Revis is vastly overrated. When playing against #1s n his own division he actually gives up significant yards/plays. Stevie, Randy,Marshall. All put him in his place. It's the 2nd tier guys he plays once every 4 years that he "locks down".

THANK YOU!!! Revis is definitely Over-Rated. Like when Moss BURNT him and caught that One-Handed TD. Revis claimed to have an "Hamstring Injury". :bored: NO EXCUSE! If you can't give your Team 110% that Game, take a seat on the Bench. But thank you for pointing out what everyone seems to not Realize :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If I were to go CB I'd go after the younger guys, someone like Flowers or Carr. But I think my first pick may be Patrick Peterson. He's the new Calvin Johnson of the CB position. Big. Strong. Fast.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-5-darrelle-revis-cb-new-york-jets/

Revis is anything but 'overrated'. I like Flowers and Carr, but they are nothing compared to Revis. Plus it's not like they're that much younger. They were drafted in '08, while Revis was drafted in '07. Peterson would definitely be an interesting prospect. You gotta love his size and athleticism, plus his return man ability. His CB play was not very good, but he'll definitely improve on that as he learns the game more.

I'm in the minority with you, but it's not because Revis is overrated. It's because having a shut-down CB is overrated.

Having a guy that can single handedly take on an opponent's best receiver, without Safety help, is not overrated. It's a passing league, you roll more help over to your lesser talents, and holding your opponent in check is made that much easier.

all great choices, but Revis wasnt always lined up across the opposing teams best receiver

For me its between Revis and Calvin Johnson. Both CBs and WRs can have relatively long careers and they are both only 26.

One on hand we get a shutdown CB that instantly makes our defense good again. And on the other hand we get a freak WR who makes our pass catching weapons among the best in the NFL.

If I had to choose one, I'd go Calvin Johnson since he is the better kid, and he would make Andrew Luck great. Pagano can always coach up our DBs since he specializes in that.

1. Revis

2. Ngata

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Jake Long

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Logan Mankins

8. JJ Watt

9. Patrick Willis

10. Patrick Peterson

What is very interesting is Revis will be a free agent this year and the colts will have huge money to spend

http://www.profootba...-new-york-jets/

Revis is anything but 'overrated'. I like Flowers and Carr, but they are nothing compared to Revis. Plus it's not like they're that much younger. They were drafted in '08, while Revis was drafted in '07. Peterson would definitely be an interesting prospect. You gotta love his size and athleticism, plus his return man ability. His CB play was not very good, but he'll definitely improve on that as he learns the game more.

Im not saying Revis isn't the best CB in the league. But he is still overrated. Stevie Johnson went up against Revis twice last year, and came away with 12 Rec/164yds/1TD....And he dropped a few, as well as a big one getting called back to holding..... http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/marquee-matchups-escape-from-revis-island/

He allowed 5rec for 63 against Miami in Week 7. (Week 17 Revis/Cromartie allowed 5/50 but both teams weren't playing for anything).

I just think Revis is aided greatly by his division. Miami/Buff often have bad teams and bad QBs, although Stevie has owned him, and NE doesnt ness. employ a #1WR in the true sense....Sure he performs against the other teams they play, but offenses don't study him for more than a week before they drop it, and move onto the next one.....

Im not saying Revis isn't the best CB in the league. But he is still overrated. Stevie Johnson went up against Revis twice last year, and came away with 12 Rec/164yds/1TD....And he dropped a few, as well as a big one getting called back to holding..... http://www.profootba...m-revis-island/

He allowed 5rec for 63 against Miami in Week 7. (Week 17 Revis/Cromartie allowed 5/50 but both teams weren't playing for anything).

I just think Revis is aided greatly by his division. Miami/Buff often have bad teams and bad QBs, although Stevie has owned him, and NE doesnt ness. employ a #1WR in the true sense....Sure he performs against the other teams they play, but offenses don't study him for more than a week before they drop it, and move onto the next one.....

Here was the original question: "Say you get your choice of one person from another team, and you get to add them to our roster.....who would you take?" Not, what players are in your top 5.

For me, I live for pass rushers. Give me NY Giants DE Justin Tuck. He is a beast IMO.