Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 NFL Draft Big Board 2.0

Big Board 2.0

1. Matt Barkley -- Quarterback --USC

Great pocket passer with good arm strength and pretty good accuracy.

2. Robert Woods -- Wide Receiver -- USC

Reggie Wayne like receiver who's great all around.

3. Jarvis Jones -- Outside Linebacker -- Georgia

Relentless 3-4 (edge) pass rusher who has good speed and a great motor.

4.DJ Fluker -- Offensive Tackle -- Alabama

Freakishly athletic offensive tackle with great strength.

5.Sam Montgomery -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Speedy great rusher reminds me of Melvin Ingram.

6. David Amerson -- Cornerback -- North Carolina

Good corner who shows he's a ballhawk and is great in coverage. Darelle Revis 2.0

7.Barkevious Mingo -- Defensive End / 3-4 Outside Linebacker -- LSU

Mario Williams like player as he's big and is good at pass rushing and run stopping.

8. Tyler Bray -- Quarterback -- Texas

Talented young kid with lots of potential. He has great size, a great arm and doesn't make mistake.

9.Keenan Allen -- Wide Receiver -- California

Would be interesting to see how he would do if he were with Barkley. Big strong receiver with great hands.9.

10. Jonathan Hankins -- Nose Tackle -- Ohio State

Big monster has an explosive first step and could be a nightmare for QBs this year.

11.Manti Te'o -- Linebacker -- Notre Dame

Would have been mid first round pick this year; showing good blitzing speed and is already a great tackler.

12.Ricky Wagner -- Offensive Tackle -- Wisconsin

Did a great job protecting Russell Wilson and should do a great job this year.

13.Tyrann Mathieu -- Cornerback -- LSU

Great physical cornerback who played great accros from Claiborne.

14. Johnny Adams -- Cornerback -- Michigan State

Very patient cornerback who waits for his chance to go for the kill. Also has great speed.

15. Star Lotulelei -- Nose Tackle -- Utah

Big strong explosive nose tackle, but won't get as much attention due to his school.

16. Taylor Lewan -- Offensive Tackle -- Michigan

Reminds me of Jake Long. He's great in pass and run blocking, and could add some muscle to his frame.

17. Jonathan Banks -- Cornerback -- Mississippi State

A kid that is on the rise, he's a speedy ball hawk who's becoming a better tackler.

18. Tyler Eifert -- Tight End -- Notre Dame

Coby Fleener 2.0! Eifert is a great blocker and is former receiver who can make plays and catch well.

19. Marcus Lattimore -- Running Back -- South Carolina

ACL surgery never helps, but he's still huge and has not ba speed. He's a better Brandon Jacobs.

20. Williams Gholston -- Defensive -- Michigan State

Quinton Coples like player; has a big frame and big means which equates to good pass rushing skills.

21. Luke Joeckel -- Offensive Tackle -- Texas A&M

Experienced starter, who isn't athletic but is technically sound. Could have a Riley Reiff type rise.

22. Xavier Rhodes -- Cornerback -- Florida State

Star of the defense should bring this defense to the top of the NCAA food chain.

23. Jackson Jeffcoat -- Defensive End -- Texas

Dynamic defensive end who can pass rush and uses his overpowering strength to stop the run.

24. Marquess Wilson -- Wide Receiver -- Washington State

Productive receiver who plays for a small school. Very good athletically and could definitely rise.

25. Tyler Wilson -- Quarterback -- Arkansas

Arkansas makes great QBs; Wilson has great size, a pro-like system, and a good arm. Could rise into top 10.

26. Kawann Short -- Defensive Tackle -- Purdue

Dominates double teams even though he isn't that explosive. Strong as an ox and could have a meteoric rise.

27.Landry Jones -- Quarterback -- Oklahoma

Experienced, accurate smart kid who always tries to find the open guy (doesn't force throws).

28. Le'Veon Ball -- Running Back -- Michigan State

Peyton Hillis-type back who bashes and bruises while still having the ability to be patient and find holes.

29. T.J MacDonald -- Safety -- USC

Physical safety who's also great in coverage. Best safety in this draft.

30. Barrett Jones -- Guard / Center -- Alabama

Strong, versatile lineman that can anywhere on the line.

31. Corey Lemonier -- Defensive End -- Auburn

Chandler Jones clone. Small for his size, but will get bigger. He has the athleticism and the speed to be great!

32. Logan Thomas -- Quarterback -- Virginia Tech

Unproven quarterback, but he has a very strong arm, great height and can rise alot. He has number 1 overall pick potential.

Thoughts?

Big Board 2.0

Andy.....

Forgive my ignorance, but is this YOUR Big Board? Or, are you re-printing someone else's? I'm just curious. I have no real criticism or observations just yet.... just asking... Also, if this is 2.0, did you also post 1.0 and how does this one differ?

NOTE: Just found 1.0. Sorry for that.

Thanks...

Andy.....

Forgive my ignorance, but is this YOUR Big Board? Or, are you re-printing someone else's? I'm just curious. I have no real criticism or observations just yet.... just asking... Also, if this is 2.0, did you also post 1.0 and how does this one differ?

NOTE: Just found 1.0. Sorry for that.

Thanks...

Yes, this is MY big board. I create this big board for multiple websites and I decided to post it here... I dont take from anyone else.

Yes, this is MY big board. I create this big board for multiple websites and I decided to post it here... I dont take from anyone else.

Follow up....

How often do you update this? Once a month? Once every other month? Whenever the mood strikes you? Again, no criticism. Just curious. Believe me, I'll be one who is looking forward to it....

Thanks...

Follow up....

How often do you update this? Once a month? Once every other month? Whenever the mood strikes you? Again, no criticism. Just curious. Believe me, I'll be one who is looking forward to it....

Thanks...

I'll try to do 8 or so updates before the 2013 draft. This is the last one of the NCAA offseason. Honestly, it's kinda when the mood strikes me, but also when I feel the time is right to update it. During the season, I'd like to update once every 3-5 weeks.

not trying to bust ballz ..... but here I go...

You still have not changed Amerson from NC to NCST....

Just saying.....

Comme j'ai dis, je ne suis pas intelligent!!

I'll change it in the next update... it's too late now.

who do you got going where in the draft next year?

I did a mock draft last month. Although I'd probably make changes if given the chance, here's my first mock (1st round only):

2013 NFL Mock Draft 1.0

1st Overall Pick – Cleveland Browns

Robert Woods – Wide Receiver – USC

Fantastic all around receiver can make this offense a lot better right away. He would be the #1 receiver and the go to target for the QB whether it be McCoy or Weeden.

2nd Overall Pick – Minnesota Vikings

Matt Barkley – Quarterback – USC

The Christian Ponder project is done and it’s going to be confirmed that he’s a backup. Get Barkley in and he could start from Day 1.

3rd Overall Pick – Miami Dolphins

Sam Montgomery – Defensive End / Outside Linebacker – LSU

They need someone to compliment Cameron Wake. Montgomery is very versatile and very explosive giving the Dolphins two great pass rushers on the edges.

4th Overall Pick – Oakland Raiders

Tyler Bray – Quarterback – Tennessee

Carson Palmer is going to be 33 after next year and who knows how his health is and if he’s even performing. They’ll need a long-term project as Matt Leinart is not that and neither is Pryor. Bray has great size and a great arm.

5th Overall Pick – Jacksonville Jaguars

DJ Fluker – Offensive Tackle – Alabama

Fluker is freakishly athletic and is very strong. If they draft him, they could have one of the better lines in the league. They can make him start at RT and then eventually move him over to LT and move over Monroe to RT, and either make Whimper a guard or let him backup. They need all the protection if they want to go forward with Blaine Gabbert.

6th Overall Pick – Indianapolis Colts

Tyrann Mathieu – Cornerback – LSU

Mathieu is extremely physical and can play the nickel-back spot from Day 1. The nickel-back spot and the cornerback spot in general is the biggest need on the Colts.

7th Overall Pick – Tampa Bay Buccaneers

David Amerson – Cornerback – North Carolina

Questionable kids as he’s gone against weak teams, but the athleticism and the cover skills are there. He would replace Ronde Barber.

8th Overall Pick – St Louis Rams

Keenan Allen – Wide Receiver – California

Allen is the 2nd best receiver in this draft. He’s tall, strong and has great hands. He and Quick could become a good tandem down the line.

9th Overall Pick – New York Jets

Jonathan Hankins – Nose Tackle – Ohio State

Wilkerson is not coming through and the Jets need a big guy in the middle. Get a real big nose guard in there; a guy that can be the cornerstone of that D for years to come.

10th Overall Pick – Seattle Seahawks

Manti Te’o – Linebacker – Notre Dame

The best linebacker in this draft is big, strong and smart. He comes from a good school and with Barrett Ruud only being signed to a 1 year deal, they’ll take Te’o over Ruud.

11th Overall Pick – Arizona Cardinals

Landry Jones – Wide Receiver – Oklahoma

It’s hard to imagine if Kolb or Skelton will pan out. With this pick, they can have a reliable smart experienced QB that could easily win the starting job, and they can shop Kolb.

12th Overall Pick – San Diego Chargers

Star Lotulelei – Nose Tackle – Utah

Antonio Garay is old and his days are running out. Star Lotulelei is arguably the best defensive tackle in this draft, as he’s huge and explosive. Give them a “Star” in the middle for years to come.

13th Overall Pick – Tennessee Titans

Jonathan Banks – Cornerback – Mississippi State

Jason McCourty is the only proven starter there. Jonathan Banks could play the #2 spot perfectly and eventual take over the #1 spot.

14th Overall Pick – Washington Redskins

Taylor Lewan – Offensive Tackle – Michigan

A not as good Jake Long is still pretty darn good. Lewan is good all around and could be a solid left tackle down the line.

15th Overall Pick – Buffalo Bills

Ricky Wagner – Offensive Tackle – Wisconsin

Wagner is arguably better than Fluker and Lewan, because he has been apart of one of the best lines in the country. He’s a brick that cannot be moved and could become the left tackle there from day one, and move Cordy Glenn over to RT, a better place for him.

16th Overall Pick – Kansas City Chiefs

William Gholston – Defensive End – Michigan State

The Chiefs need to compliment Tamba Hali. Houston was good in the preseason, but that’s it. Gholston is like Quinton Coples where he could stop the run and rush the passer.

17th Overall Pick – Carolina Panthers

Barkevious Mingo – Defensive End – LSU

They got Andre Branch in the 2012 Draft and they already have Johnson, but they could have a nice 3 man rotation that can constantly get pressure on the QB.

18th Overall Pick – Dallas Cowboys

TJ MacDonald – Safety – USC

Jerry Jones really wanted Mark Barron this year, but he couldn’t get him. TJ MacDonald is a monster who can play both free and strong safety. Good everywhere on the field.

19th Overall Pick – New Orleans Saints

Luke Joeckel – Offensive Tackle – Texas A&M

Stithcomb is gone and they need a permanent solution at RT. Joeckel did a great job protecting Tannehill. He still has muscle to add to his frame, too.

20th Overall Pick – Philadelphia Eagles

Xavier Rhodes – Cornerback – Florida State

DRC’s future is in question, and even with the selection of Boykin, he’s a nickelback at best. Rhodes could play outside and inside.

21st Overall Pick – Houston Texans

Marquess Wilson – Wide Receiver – Washington State

They lost Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter is a better slot guy. Davier Posey ain’t got nothing on Wilson. Wilson and Johnson on the outside, with Walter and Posey rotating in the middle, could put Houston into the next level.

22nd Overall Pick – Detroit Lions

Marcus Lattimore – Running Back – South Carolina

Big concerns due to his ACL injury, but the skills are there. He’s a big strong running back who is also patient. He’s a better La’Veon Ball. He could start from Day 1 and be a force.

23rd Overall Pick – New York Giants

Jonathan Cooper – Offensive Guard – North Carolina

Cooper is one of the most experienced guards coming out of college in the last few years. They’ll need to replace Snee soon and Cooper could be that guy. Not as talented as some of the guys in recent years, but experienced like crazy and consistent.

24th Overall Pick – Pittsburgh Steelers

Jackson Jeffcoat – Defensive End – Texas

This kid could definitely rise next year. He has good speed and great size. Could become a great 3-4 DE.

25th Overall Pick – Atlanta Falcons

Tyler Eifert – Tight End – Atlanta Falcons

This is Tony Gonzalez’s last year in the NFL (99% sure) and they’ll need a successor. Why not take a young Tony Gonzalez.

26th Overall Pick – Chicago Bears

Corey Lemonier – Defensive End – Auburn

Julius Peppers is going to be 33 after next year, and doesn’t have many years left. They have the other DE spot figured out with McClellin. Now Lemonier, could become the franchise DE for years to come (after Peppers retires).

27th Overall Pick – Denver Broncos

Barrett Jones – Center / Offensive Guard / Offensive Tackle – Alabama

Very versatile kid could play anywhere on the line, which is useful since the Lions O-line is old.

28th Overall Pick – Cincinnati Bengals

Le’Veon Ball – Running Back – Michigan State

Benjarvus Green-Ellis is most likely a short term solution, which means they’ll need a long term solution at running back. Le’Veon Ball is a huge 240 pound monster who crushes people, but is surprisingly patient.

29th Overall Pick -- Green Bay Packers

Chris Faulk – Offensive Tackle – LSU

Chad Clifton is gone and who knows if Sherrod could play LT. Maybe backing up is better for Sherrod. Faulk is a consistent strong kid, who has been great thus far in his career.

30th Overall Pick – New England Patriots

Brandon Jenkins – Defensive End – Florida State

The Patriots need someone to compliment Chandler Jones and Jenkins is that guy. He’s very versatile and they could create a 2 headed DE monster.

31st Overall Pick – San Francisco 49ers

Oday Aboushi – Offensive Tackle – Virginia

They still need a RT. Anthony Davis is still horrible!! Aboushi is like Osemele and is a strong kid that is also versatile. Reminds me of Kelechi Osemele and Ben Ijalana. Perfect RT, but not LT.

32nd Overall Pick – Baltimore Ravens

Eric Reid – Safety – LSU

Ed Reed is getting old and they lost their depth with Zbikowski going to Indianapolis. Reid could provide depth for a couple of years and learn behind Reed, then finally take over. It’s going to be from one Reed (or Reid) to another.

Andy you are all right... you don't get bent out of shape over anything... Very good trait.

Keep up the good work...

haha thanks, always trying to live life to the fullest, and that includes working hard each day.

Thanks for the kind words!

Indy needs Amerson... but Indy won't suck enough to get him this season.

Oh well. That's a good issue aye?

Oh I think we will show much better on the field but I dont think that will get as many wins as some think honestly, remember Peyton Manning went 3-13 and that was with Marvin Harrison, no he wasnt proven yet but he soon would be with time with Manning and thats what its going to take with Luck, Allen, Wayne, Hilton and even Fleener again not to mention that O Line is at a 'prove me' kinda stage where they need to show they are starter worthy, draft status alone dont say that

Oh I think we will show much better on the field but I dont think that will get as many wins as some think honestly, remember Peyton Manning went 3-13 and that was with Marvin Harrison, no he wasnt proven yet but he soon would be with time with Manning and thats what its going to take with Luck, Allen, Wayne, Hilton and even Fleener again not to mention that O Line is at a 'prove me' kinda stage where they need to show they are starter worthy, draft status alone dont say that

Gavin this O WILL score points. I guarantee you the issue will be on the D end.

Indy has talent on offense. Not so much on D.

A good QB is half the battle in the NFL? Luck will step in being "above average"

Gavin this O WILL score points. I guarantee you the issue will be on the D end.

Indy has talent on offense. Not so much on D.

A good QB is half the battle in the NFL? Luck will step in being "above average"

That all depends on the offensive line, and if Castonzo by chance gives up alot of sacks again this year, our offense wont be scoring alot of points, same with our Guards if they dont get any push in the run game were not going to be able to consistently hang on to the ball, we will just have to wait and see, I expect us to be better but not world beaters on offense at least yet

That all depends on the offensive line, and if Castonzo by chance gives up alot of sacks again this year, our offense wont be scoring alot of points, same with our Guards if they dont get any push in the run game were not going to be able to consistently hang on to the ball, we will just have to wait and see, I expect us to be better but not world beaters on offense at least yet

:Luck will be playing with a better OL than Peyton had to start the 2010 season.

I can go dig up rosters and not but I can guarantee you.... The Colts OL in 12 is not an area of immediate concern.

RUNNING the ball will be teh area of CONCERN. And i think they WILL DO it.

If we can't get Amerson, Rhodes is available. At 6-1 he can also stay with bigger receivers. He is in my opinion the #2 corner,and it's pretty close. Also available are Mingo, Montgomery, Jones, Allen, Woods, Lotuleilei, Hankins, Bank, Adams, Fluker, Wagner, Lewan, and Te'o. Of course, not all of these players will be available when we pick. But it just shows how many options we have.

Might be, I know Bob Sanders is close to that in height anyway, I think he will struggle alot if he is put at Corner

True, but Bob was over 30 pounds heavier and built like a tank and still got hurt. Mathieu made a ton of plays, but he doesn't have the elite measurables and lock down cover skills to warrant a high pick, I believe. But hey, it only takes one team to reach on a guy.

True, but Bob was over 30 pounds heavier and built like a tank and still got hurt. Mathieu made a ton of plays, but he doesn't have the elite measurables and lock down cover skills to warrant a high pick, I believe. But hey, it only takes one team to reach on a guy.

I hope that we arent that team

On Mathieu, people like Kiper and McShaw (both whom I like) like the kid, but I don't think they love him. He's got issues.

1. As has been noted here, he's small. 5'9" 175.

2. He's not that fast. Clock at 4.6 out of H.S. He may be faster now, and he likely plays faster to his credit.

3. He's not a great cover corner. He's alright. I've heard not good hips, which is not good for a corner

4. He's used almost as a monster safety or rover back by LSU. He blitzes, he flies around and causes trouble. He's often around the ball. Makes a lot of special teams plays. He strips the ball from QB's. But not a lot of hi-lites showing him with great coverage as a corner.

He'll likely get much better this year. The question becomes how much. At this point, if he's indeed only a slot corner, then he's got little chance of going in the first round. Those guys go later.

As to the Florida State kid, Rhodes, I'd be worried that he's already 215. He could easily outgrow corner and likely become a safety. Not my preference for a high 1st round pick, unless the guy has played safety at a high level for years. Guys like Eric Berry, and Ed Reed. Guys like Lott and Easley. Someone like Mark Barron, although personally, for me, I think he went too high for my personal taste, but to each their own.

I'm not touching a board until week 5 is over.

I really like Mathieu and I think everyone will change their mind about him when the season is over.

I 100% agree, he's a stud. He'll rise as the season goes on.

I'm not touching a board until week 5 is over.

I really like Mathieu and I think everyone will change their mind about him when the season is over.

I 100% agree, he's a stud. He'll rise as the season goes on.

IMO, he is a playmaker, but not a CB. We need someone who will be a #1 CB, and a relatively slow, small punt returner would be a wasted pick. If we get a good #1 CB next year, we will contend for the playoffs. I don't want us to cripple ourselves by picking him.

If you guys all want a CB. Mathieu isn't your guy. He is way undersized for the NFL CB position. With his ability to tackle, he'll likely get moved to Free Safety in the NFL. We already have a pretty good FS, so I'd say Amerson or Rhodes will take the cake for CB.

If you guys all want a CB. Mathieu isn't your guy. He is way undersized for the NFL CB position. With his ability to tackle, he'll likely get moved to Free Safety in the NFL. We already have a pretty good FS, so I'd say Amerson or Rhodes will take the cake for CB.

Brandon Flowers and Ronde Barber are 5'9... don't worry too much about his height.

Brandon Flowers and Ronde Barber are 5'9... don't worry too much about his height.

Barber is actually 5'10... but that's not the most important thing...

The important thing is you're urging a high 1st round pick on Mathieu.... While Barber went in the 2nd round, and Flowers went in the 3rd round. Big, big difference. It's not only who you take, it's also where you take them.

Someone in this thread correctly called Mathieu a 'playmaker' and I'd agree.... but his corner skills still need a LOT of work. Seriously. he's not there yet. Maybe he'll be come next draft... but he's not there yet.

I like the kid.... I just don't want to use a high 1st round pick on him... Heck, I'd prefer not to use a 1st round pick on him at all if I can help it.

Just another point of view...

The important thing is you're urging a high 1st round pick on Mathieu.... While Barber went in the 2nd round, and Flowers went in the 3rd round. Big, big difference. It's not only who you take, it's also where you take them.

Someone in this thread correctly called Mathieu a 'playmaker' and I'd agree.... but his corner skills still need a LOT of work. Seriously. he's not there yet. Maybe he'll be come next draft... but he's not there yet.

I like the kid.... I just don't want to use a high 1st round pick on him... Heck, I'd prefer not to use a 1st round pick on him at all if I can help it.