Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BNS

Colts Fan Fest in New Albany 6/28

I hope they have a nice, shady spot to set up that fan fest because standing in 102 degrees of heat doesn't sound like much fun.

To far for me at the moment, waiting for training camp here in Anderson

I hope they have a nice, shady spot to set up that fan fest because standing in 102 degrees of heat doesn't sound like much fun.

It's on the riverfront in New Albany. There is a stage there with a large yellow canopy, which would be the logical place to put the players and cheerleaders. Fans would at least bein the shade during the latter part of their wait in line. I'm looking forward to seeing what players are there....was checking out the blogs from the other Fan Fest events and have seen that Angerer, McAfee, Conner, Reitz and rookie TE Adams have appeared at past events. I know there will be 2 players....hopeing one of them is Angerer, because I'd love to meet him.

I'll be wearing khakis, plaid sport shirt and my white Reebok Colts hat. I'm 6'4" - 270lbs, so I should be easy to spot if anyone is able to come. Look me up and say hello!

Can anyone point me to more details about this? I live in Louisville and would like to make it, but I'm not sure if I want to brave 65 to get out there...

I went - it was poorly attended (I've been to this thing in years past) but it was across the bridge and 100+ degrees out.

Powers and C. Vaughn were the players.

I went - it was poorly attended (I've been to this thing in years past) but it was across the bridge and 100+ degrees out.

Powers and C. Vaughn were the players.

I arrived just before 5:00 and there were only about 100 people there, at most. Was only in line for about 15 minutes. Got my autographs, looked around a bit then headed home. It was brutally hot, even with a breeze and low humidity. I'm sure the heat kept folks away, and even though the location was nice as far as having a lot of space, unless you're familiar with New Albany it is not easy to get to the riverfront. Access is from 2 side streets off Main Street and then you have to get on the other side of the floodwall.

I hope the low turnout doesn't keep this event from coming back in the future. But, I'm sure the 4th Street Live location is best for all of us in the metro Louisville area, even though it gets cramped and crowded.

All of the cheerleaders, players and others working the Fan Fest were very nice and appreciative of the fans who braved the conditions to come out and support the Colts.

I'll try and post some photos of the event on my profile page/gallery.

I arrived just before 5:00 and there were only about 100 people there, at most. Was only in line for about 15 minutes. Got my autographs, looked around a bit then headed home. It was brutally hot, even with a breeze and low humidity. I'm sure the heat kept folks away, and even though the location was nice as far as having a lot of space, unless you're familiar with New Albany it is not easy to get to the riverfront. Access is from 2 side streets off Main Street and then you have to get on the other side of the floodwall.

I hope the low turnout doesn't keep this event from coming back in the future. But, I'm sure the 4th Street Live location is best for all of us in the metro Louisville area, even though it gets cramped and crowded.

All of the cheerleaders, players and others working the Fan Fest were very nice and appreciative of the fans who braved the conditions to come out and support the Colts.

I'll try and post some photos of the event on my profile page/gallery.

I may post some pics too.

I looked for you, Barry, but I don't really know what you look like :P

I was a 35 year old dad with a Korean son and a scared daughter. See us?

I may post some pics too.

I looked for you, Barry, but I don't really know what you look like :P

I was a 35 year old dad with a Korean son and a scared daughter. See us?

Wish I knew you were there and had paid attention. I probably would have spotted you since there was such a small crowd. I had on my white Reebok Colts hat, dark blue plaid shirt and khakis....oh, and I was carrying a Target plastic bag with my football I had autographed.