Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

hes getting better

CR91

I understand how much Peyton played a role in our success over the years... but.. he didn't do it all by himself. If that was the case.. we would have more Superbowl wins under our belt. We have had more than one star player on the roster. This writer and other people who take credit away from the rest of the players and staff need to go through some sort of Peyton Manning detoxification and rehab program.

I think Peyton is the greatest Qb of all time.. but he didn't carry the entire team like everybody would like to believe. He was one of the biggest guns in our arsenal.. no doubt.. but we also used our other weapons when we went to battle.

You got me all wrong. No Peyton didn't do it all by himself and there's a few stars on defense, all I'm saying is the team was built around Manning with a simple team concept, score fast and often then pressure the QB. Without a very good QB , the strategy fell apart quickly.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, June 25, 2012 - personal spat

No snide remarks are present. I can promise you that.

Just calling it like I see it.

How you ask? Read your words.

"attempting to pass off your "opinion" as facts. But hey what's new.

That's not snide? I must have missed something.

snide/snīd/

Adjective:

• Derogatory or mocking in an indirect way: "snide remarks".

"But hey what's new."

That's not snide? I must have missed something.

snide/snīd/

Adjective:

• Derogatory or mocking in an indirect way: "snide remarks".

I guess that would make it your misunderstanding.

That was direct and not indirect.

You know like Grass is green. That type of thing. Things that are given.

You got me all wrong. No Peyton didn't do it all by himself and there's a few stars on defense, all I'm saying is the team was built around Manning with a simple team concept, score fast and often then pressure the QB. Without a very good QB , the strategy fell apart quickly.

I agree with you on that...

I guess that would make it your misunderstanding.

That was direct and not indirect.

You know like Grass is green. That type of thing. Things that are given.

I don't think your grasping it. Saying something in the context of "such and such does this, but hey what's new" is an indirect snide remark to say that this person does this all the time. Feel free to PM me any time you need help with something like this in the future.

I don't think your grasping it. Saying something in the context of "such and such does this, but hey what's new" is an indirect snide remark to say that this person does this all the time. Feel free to PM me any time you need help with something like this in the future.

There is nothing "new" to grasp.

I won't be sending you a PM, because I didn't and wouldn't need your help with that or anything else in the future.

Again, I was direct in what I said.

Thank you so much for the wonderful invitation. I'll cherish it forever.

Maybe we should take a poll.

Was that snide or sarcastic?

No one is arguing that Elway didn't want Tebow around. It was well known.

What did you want Manning to say to the Media? Did you want him to tell the media that he didn't want Tebow in town? Cmon now.

I'm not saying that Manning's signing was conditonal upon it, but it was a "plus" for Manning that Elway wanted him gone. It surely wasn't something he marked in the negative column when considering the Broncos.

You're inferring things to Manning that just aren't documented. It's documented that he said he'd be fine with being Tebow's teammate. You're supposing he didn't want Tebow around.

There is nothing "new" to grasp.

I won't be sending you a PM, because I didn't and wouldn't need your help with that or anything else in the future.

Again, I was direct in what I said.

Thank you so much for the wonderful invitation. I'll cherish it forever.

Maybe we should take a poll.

Was that snide or sarcastic?

That's fine. You believe what you want. I'll walk away from this pointless bickering because in the end I don't need to get banned from the forum because i'm defending myself against a troll.

You're inferring things to Manning that just aren't documented. It's documented that he said he'd be fine with being Tebow's teammate. You're supposing he didn't want Tebow around.

Tell me one time where Manning's ever publically said anything that was negative about another player in any way. He just wouldn't do it. It's not professional. The documentation means nothing.

Tell me one time where Manning's ever publically said anything that was negative about another player in any way. He just wouldn't do it. It's not professional. The documentation means nothing.

That being the case, you're attributing a negative attitude from Manning toward Tebow, without any indication from Manning that he would have a problem with Tebow being on the team.

And you should understand where I'm coming from: Manning may not have wanted Tebow on the Broncos, and he may have discussed that with Elway before deciding to sign there. But there's simply no evidence to suggest that. You're presenting it as if it's a fact, and it's entirely supposition on your fault. Meanwhile, Manning never spoke a single negative word about Tebow, and actually stated that he would be fine with Tebow as a teammate.

On top of that, it really doesn't matter whether Manning wanted Tebow there or not, because it's pretty evident that Elway didn't want him there, even before it was clear that Manning was going to be released.

That being the case, you're attributing a negative attitude from Manning toward Tebow, without any indication from Manning that he would have a problem with Tebow being on the team.

And you should understand where I'm coming from: Manning may not have wanted Tebow on the Broncos, and he may have discussed that with Elway before deciding to sign there. But there's simply no evidence to suggest that. You're presenting it as if it's a fact, and it's entirely supposition on your fault. Meanwhile, Manning never spoke a single negative word about Tebow, and actually stated that he would be fine with Tebow as a teammate.

On top of that, it really doesn't matter whether Manning wanted Tebow there or not, because it's pretty evident that Elway didn't want him there, even before it was clear that Manning was going to be released.

But that's the thing: There is evidence that a) Elway wasn't satisfied with Tebow; and b) Manning was fine with Tebow staying.

a) http://www.thedenver...339/detail.html

b) http://msn.foxsports...-Broncos-032012

There is no evidence to support your idea that Manning's signing with Denver was conditional upon Tebow leaving. It very well could have been, but that's entirely supposition.

There's also ZERO evidence to support the idea that Manning has been involved in team decisions in the past. He, along with Irsay and Polian, have refuted that idea on numerous occasions.

If someone gave me a 66 Mustang that was mostly a parts car that would need quite a bit of work to get where I wanted it to be, and if I had the ability, both knowledge and resources, I would work on it and try my best to get it where it needed to be.

If I could buy one that was show quality, then I might just go that route because it would be less work. I would then look to sell the other one for whatever I could get for it.

I agree no evidence to show Manning had a say in whether Tebow was out or not, But Elway said it himself he was going to work with Tebow, Now I also get that if for any reason Manning was to struggle then its very likely people would be screaming for Tebow, But John going after Manning (which was the logical thing to do) after he said he was going to work with Tebow says that he wasnt ever that serious about working with Tebow but rather was looking to find a way to replace Tebow and that Manning provided that perfect out for Tebow, I dont believe Manning wanted him out, there is no evidence to suggest it, we will likely never know for sure, from a quarterback skill standpoint Manning had nothing to worry about clearly but it goes much further then there individual skill, also business is business and just based on what the track records of both Manning and Tebow has been over the course of there careers its a no brainer Manning was the clearly better business decision, I hope Manning is successful in Denver

I dislike how, anymore, a person can't change their mind or pursue a different, perhaps better course, once they've stated an intention to do one thing or another. Just because Elway said he was going to work with Tebow, and subsequently signed Manning and traded Tebow, doesn't mean that he wasn't serious about working with Tebow in the first place. If I remember correctly, Elway's comments on Tebow came before Manning was even available.

I dislike how, anymore, a person can't change their mind or pursue a different, perhaps better course, once they've stated an intention to do one thing or another. Just because Elway said he was going to work with Tebow, and subsequently signed Manning and traded Tebow, doesn't mean that he wasn't serious about working with Tebow in the first place. If I remember correctly, Elway's comments on Tebow came before Manning was even available.

They were.

If Manning doesn't become available, then Elway might have tried to move up in the draft for a QB. He might have kept Tebow in place and drafted the same kid out of Arizona State in the same spot. If Tebow would have been QB1 then I believe Elway would have worked with him.

Of course Fox's comments about Tebow can't be ignored.

They were midseason.

"Do whatever the heck it takes," he laughed. "I mean, what the heck? You don't get points for style in this league. Let me tell you something: My man is really good in this offense. You know what I mean?

"If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be >>>ed."

The profanity editor altered a couple of words, and for clarity, the last word isn't a 4 letter word.

Hey, while trying to defend Polian in one area (the willingness to try and draft lineman) I may have darned him in another.... the inability to draft productive players. And not just lineman. You'll see a fair number of players at other positions that didn't pan out either. That said, you can win as many games as the Colts did over a decade without a number of good players. So, either through free agency or some way, Polian got enough good players on the field with Peyton to win consistently.

Fixed it for 'ya. :)

If someone gave me a 66 Mustang that was mostly a parts car that would need quite a bit of work to get where I wanted it to be, and if I had the ability, both knowledge and resources, I would work on it and try my best to get it where it needed to be.

If I could buy one that was show quality, then I might just go that route because it would be less work. I would then look to sell the other one for whatever I could get for it.