Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cap Space Updates For All 32-Teams

ReMeDy

Why so surprised that the Patriots have that kind of cap space? Just curious.

Haynesworth (around $1.5M, with incentives for up to $5M) and Ochocinco (around $2.75M, with a bonus of around $4M spread out over three seasons) were not expensive acquisitions. Whether he stays or goes, the odds of Haynesworth playing out his back-loaded contract in NE are slim and none.

Light signed a team-friendly deal, and Mankins was counted at the franchise tag figure before getting his new deal. Brady's obviously huge money, but they must have it structured to be team-friendly as well.

The Patriots are YOUNG... few people seem to realize that. Guys like Mayo and McCourty are playing on their rookie contracts... Welker has always been a bargain...

I would say this whether I was a fan or not, but very few teams manage the cap as well as the Patriots always have. Probably helps that their coach is cheap. lmao

Here's an unofficial but pretty cool site breaking it down from top to bottom:

Patriots Salary Cap Figures by Player

To have as much cap space as many of the bottom-feeders do and not spend it must really eat away at their fan base. Yes, there are plenty of ways to foolishly spend money, but all teams seems to have a core of guys who could be given extensions (lower future cap numbers) so they could pounce on free agents when the right one(s) come along.

To have as much cap space as many of the bottom-feeders do and not spend it must really eat away at their fan base. Yes, there are plenty of ways to foolishly spend money, but all teams seems to have a core of guys who could be given extensions (lower future cap numbers) so they could pounce on free agents when the right one(s) come along.

I was surprised Tampa wasn't more involved. Right on the cusp of the playoffs, almost $30 Million in cap room, and I'm not sure of anyone they brought in. With Talib's situation, I would have expected them to be in the market for a CB.