Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerraud Powers: Star In The Making, Or Injury Prone Useless Player?

Andy

I think Jerraud Powers is a star in the making, and has the potential to be an elite cornerback. IMO, he'll end up better than Hayden. I made this thread wanting to see what the fans think of this guy. So, what do you guys think of him?

Yeah, this title had me scared. I thought you were implying he was hurt again.

I think Powers will be (if not already) better than than a healthy Hayden. I am actually really excited about our CB this really. Powers and Tryon are good in man coverage. Both are good tacklers.

Lacey seems to go for the big play (strip balls, interceptions etc.) He got burned a couple of times last year because of this. Needs to be more consistent.

I do not know much about the other guys and anxious to see how our current depth plays out.

Back on the topic of Powers: If Coyer doesn't have these guys playing 10 yards off the line, Powers will be Pro-bowl worthy.

Powers is a very good CB, but one thing i noticed in the pre-season game the other night was he tried to hit hard at the goaline w/o wrapping up! Fundamentals make the difference between good and Pro-Bowl.

Most CB's do that especially with guys bigger than them like TE's they just try to go for your knees all in all he's a great tackler and had good coverage skills. Definitely the best corner the colts have had in a while.

Yeah, this title had me scared. I thought you were implying he was hurt again.

I think Powers will be (if not already) better than than a healthy Hayden. I am actually really excited about our CB this really. Powers and Tryon are good in man coverage. Both are good tacklers.

Lacey seems to go for the big play (strip balls, interceptions etc.) He got burned a couple of times last year because of this. Needs to be more consistent.

I do not know much about the other guys and anxious to see how our current depth plays out.

Back on the topic of Powers: If Coyer doesn't have these guys playing 10 yards off the line, Powers will be Pro-bowl worthy.

1. Lacey was fantastic his rookie season. People seem to quickly forget.

2. If our front 7 ever would have done their job...seriously, like ever...Lacey's aggressiveness would suddenly become big plays for us and we'd be commending him.

1. Lacey was fantastic his rookie season. People seem to quickly forget.

2. If our front 7 ever would have done their job...seriously, like ever...Lacey's aggressiveness would suddenly become big plays for us and we'd be commending him.

I love Lacey I just think he is a nickle corner at best. That's not a bad thing, in fact for undrafted free agent that's a major acomplishment. I do think Tryon played better than him last year, Tryon had me sold when he went one-on-one with Andre Johnson in the season opener last year and handled him, it was one of the few bright spots in that game.