Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee rules!

lollygagger8

Not only is he a good swimmer (lol) I absolutely love Pat's Facebook Friday interviews. He's got a great sense of humor, and he really is good at entertaining. Plus he keeps it real, and down to earth, and it's nice to hear from people on the team.

I was super excited he actually used one of my questions last week too!

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Facebook-Friday-Winston-Justice/0df36f46-9718-4bc8-ae0a-8b3942249cb3

About 2:30.....Autovator Page (that's my band's facebook) question:

I love Winston's answer too!

Keep it up Pat!!

Not only is he a good swimmer (lol) I absolutely love Pat's Facebook Friday interviews. He's got a great sense of humor, and he really is good at entertaining. Plus he keeps it real, and down to earth, and it's nice to hear from people on the team.

http://www.colts.com...0a-8b3942249cb3

Keep it up Pat!!

one of the colts bright spots, may be our future placekicker too

The highlight of my Friday is always Facebook Friday (FF) - and Pat always delivers .. I follow him on Twitter aswell, and he's the same guy on there that he is in FF - just amazingly funny, down to earth, and what seems like a good guy :) He is quickly becoming my favorite Colts-player :)

Keep it up Pat!!

McAfee was up in LaPorte Wednesday with Reitz..at a Colts 'Fan Fest'

Talkin' about how the Colts are going shock the world this year..

They landed by helicopter...with a bunch of cheerleaders....

Got to give the Colts credit for pushing the product in 'Bears Country'

but it was a circus

I will say that anyone crazy enough to swim in that nasty canal is one crazy (Fill in the blank) I do like the way he as Lolly says "keeps it real" with the fans. Last year I was one of Chris and Bill Polian's harshest critics.

While I in NO way agree with Manning's the man above, I feel that Bill Polian was absolutely correct in saying "Our punter could be the best in the league if he worked harder on directional punting." So many times it was an all out 'out kick the coverage punt.' No problems with his 'out of end zone kicks.' I feel that with Pagano's emphasis on special teams, Pat WILL be in the Pro Bowl this year.(As a punter obviously)

He will also be on the field for some 55+ field goals as Lolly says. I will not love Pat Mc until he is not the one making tackles because he out kicked his coverage. I am a special teams nut...and the Colts have made my stomach hurt for 15 years....

Edited by BrentMc11

Pat Mac was in the town where I live yesterday, along with Reitz....

Edit: yeah I thought there was a bit too much fanfare for a punter and a lineman, helicopter and all, but there are some Colts fans up here, although many switched back to the Bears after #18 left... McAfee does rule (as much as a punter can, anyway)

Pat Mac was in the town where I live yesterday, along with Reitz....

Edit: yeah I thought there was a bit too much fanfare for a punter and a lineman, helicopter and all, but there are some Colts fans up here, although many switched back to the Bears after #18 left... McAfee does rule (as much as a punter can, anyway)

The helicopter was probably for the cheerleaders....

I love Pat McAfee. I think he's hilarious, entertaining, and one heck of punter (yes, with a little bit of work to do). The guy (IMO) does keep it real. I think he's being himself. Goofy, relaxed, and having a good time. He seems to enjoy life...oh if we all could just be that way, huh?

Don't understand why people don't like him, he's always struck me as extremely likeable and very down to earth. We know some football players can feel like they own their city but Pat knows he's just a normal guy, and has made jokes about how he earns megabucks from kicking a ball a few times a week.

Don't understand why people don't like him, he's always struck me as extremely likeable and very down to earth. We know some football players can feel like they own their city but Pat knows he's just a normal guy, and has made jokes about how he earns megabucks from kicking a ball a few times a week.

He just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Like the day joe pa died he tweeted "been out all day did the pedophile die yet" and I saw on his twitter some guy was in a debate with him over suprise onside kicking and they both had good points but he called the guy an * who knows nothing about football. Another guy asked him when he was going to cut his hair and he said when u lose all thay weight. He just seems very cocky he says he could beat any of his followers at any sport. He's a punter and acts like he is above all

Most of that is Schtick man, Just watch facebook friday with him and you will realize he is playing a character.

He just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Like the day joe pa died he tweeted "been out all day did the pedophile die yet" and I saw on his twitter some guy was in a debate with him over suprise onside kicking and they both had good points but he called the guy an * who knows nothing about football. Another guy asked him when he was going to cut his hair and he said when u lose all thay weight. He just seems very cocky he says he could beat any of his followers at any sport. He's a punter and acts like he is above all

As mystrymaster says above, he's very sarcastic like that. I can see why it'd rub you the wrong way but he says stuff like he could beat Robert Mathis in a fight, he's almost always on the wind up.

The joke about Joe pa the day he died is crossing the line. Sarcasm or not. He knew he messed up cause 2min later he deleted it. Im all for being sarcastic and being confident but there is a line and he has crossed it.

The joke about Joe pa the day he died is crossing the line. Sarcasm or not. He knew he messed up cause 2min later he deleted it. Im all for being sarcastic and being confident but there is a line and he has crossed it.

At least he realised his mistake! Bit of a stupid thing to do but at least he realised he was being an *.

^^ and don't we all make mistakes and mess up from time to time? It's what we do after we mess up that shows what kind of person we are. Pat realized his and went about correcting it.

He changed it from pedophile to the guy who enabled pedophiles. He may be a great guy but to me him saying that says a lot about his character.

He changed it from pedophile to the guy who enabled pedophiles. He may be a great guy but to me him saying that says a lot about his character.

Back when this all came out, I read an article in which they postulated that college sports branding had gone out of control.

I agree,

Well JoePa did enable a pedophile to take advantage of children by going well I told my higher ups so I have no more responsibility even though I am treated like a god on this campus. I know most of the time it is not good to talk bad about the dead, but after knowing what Sandusky did and what JoePa and others did not do I have no problem with with what Pat said.

I love Pat and so glad he is one of our players. He is very entertaining and does not take himself to serious in life and has fun. Life is to short to walk around this world with a stick up your butt.

Well, of course it's okay that you feel that way. Again, my point is still valid. Everyone messes up, it's what you do after the mess up that shows who you are.

Yeah, probably not the smartest thing for Pat to say, but he's not the only one who feels that way about Joe. In fact, I know quite a few people of good character who are some of the nicest people you will ever meet that have negative thoughts about Joe Pa, and sometimes they let those feelings known. Does that then make them horrible people of bad character? To me, no. See, whether we are decent, upstanding, all around good people, we still have times and moments where we don't do or say the nicest things. I guess, I would encourage you to not make a complete judgement about Pat's character by one comment he made on his Twitter account.

• 1 month later...

I agree - it speaks very positively about his character as a man.

As a man? It was the day he died. Show a little respect. He's arrogant as crap too. He's a punter and acts like he's the starting qb. I have my thoughts on the situation at penn state. It infuriates Me that it happened. I don't think the punishment was enough. But I still wouldn't disrespect joe the day he died. He should of done more but calling him a pedophile enabler is ignorant.

As a man? It was the day he died. Show a little respect. He's arrogant as crap too. He's a punter and acts like he's the starting qb. I have my thoughts on the situation at penn state. It infuriates Me that it happened. I don't think the punishment was enough. But I still wouldn't disrespect joe the day he died. He should of done more but calling him a pedophile enabler is ignorant.

Is calling you a man wrong if your a man? The man enabled another man to be a pedophile, with that being said how is calling him what he was ignorant? Nothing is more important than protecting children, even if it means hurting your own football program.

Why would anybody have a problem with somebody that has a problem with pedophiles or those who enable pedophiles? He said what most want to say but can't because unfortunately there are those who take offense to it for some reason.

Pat is a down to earth guy that takes the time to talk with fans every opportunity he gets. I have met him several times and he was really cool and did not act as if he was better than me just because he's a professional athlete. He also took the time to talk with my daughter and take pictures with her a couple of different times. He even remembered my daughter a couple days after we 1st met him.

Keep it up Pat!!

Is Pat our OchoCinco?