Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a season ticket holder you must.....on game day?

Michael Lebron

I have been buying season parking pass to the Victory Field lot for the past few years. Short easy walk. There is a lot of tailgating going on there on game days. Away games I do at home, comfortable seating, easy access to frig and restroom, can keep track of my fantasy leagues. Welcome as new Season Ticket Holder..

tailgate?? where do you all watch away games? help the new owners out!!!

Tailgate is a must. The game itself becomes only part of the game day experience when you are amongst friends on game days. Despite the awful on-field product, game days were still big fun beforehand when we tailgated.

We have done the Victory Field tailgate before but they changed the rules a few years ago and in my mind, not for the better. First you have to buy the entire season in advance which is to me not ideal when there may be a game every season in which we cannot make due to family commitments during the Holidays. There are plenty of other lots that are pay for as you use them. Plus in the early season the Indians may still be playing so that lot is not available for Colts tailgaters. We park elsewhere for $10. The Vic is $20 per game.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Coltsman,

We are simply looking for ways to most enjoy our experience. What is the typical price for you pass at Victory Field?

Sorry just saw your response and question. Just paid, it was $200 which included 8 home games and the 2 preseason games this year

dont know what the season ticket holder crowd will be this year,,,,, i hope not the wine-n-cheese we had at times last year, pathetic.

I hope not the negative n pessimistic type of posters here.....hint, hint Chris.

Never been to a game at Lucas Oil, and I haven't been to an NFL game in about 20 years. So, I can't help you from that perspective.

But, having gone to Stanford games for the past half-dozen years or so, I'd say this...

Keep asking for input... then, make a list of what seems interesting to you... a 'wish list' of sorts...

Then, I'd say, on game day, arrive EARLY. Really, really early. Just walk around and take it all in. Walk up to strangers at tailgates and say hello and introduce yourself. Tell them this is your first Colts game and ask them what they recommend you do and see...

You'll be amazed at how friendly people will be and the ideas that they give you. Everybody will want to help you out...

Try not to get caught anywhere there's a long line. Enter the stadium before the lines form... get your food at the concession stand before the lines get crazy.... go to the restroom before the lines are out the door... be ahead of everything... so you have time for as much as possible...

Oh, and be sure to buy yourself a really good souvenir. Something you'll be happy you bought 10 or 20 years from now!

Then... your homework, is to report back here and tell us all about it!!

Have a great time!! :td::thmup: