Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solution To Back-Up Qb Problem

As we have all seen, the Colts are having a problem with a back-up QB that produces. Regular season stats have provided an answer:

Curtis Painter

28 attempts

8 completions

0 TDs

2 INT

3 Rushing attempts for 4 yards ( 0 rushing TDs)

1 Fumble

9.8 QB Rating

Joseph Addai

1 attempt

1 completion

1 TD

0 INT

977 Rushing attempts for 4020 yards (38 rushing TDs)

6 Fumbles

158.3 QB Rating

Must I say more....

Joseph Addai is by far a better choice to back up Manning than Painter is according to the stats. I say, LET ADDAI START AS QB!!!

:1colts:

*All stats were taken off of www.nfl.com , feel free to look them up if you're curious *

As we have all seen, the Colts are having a problem with a back-up QB that produces. Regular season stats have provided an answer:

Curtis Painter

28 attempts

8 completions

0 TDs

2 INT

1 Fumble

9.8 QB Rating

Joseph Addai

1 attempt

1 completion

1 TD

0 INT

6 Fumbles

158.3 QB Rating

Must I say more....

Joseph Addai is by far a better choice to back up Manning than Painter is according to the stats. I say, LET ADDAI START AS QB!!!

*All stats were taken off of www.nfl.com , feel free to look them up if you're curious *

After reading your post, I thought it was silly, preposterous and absolutely lacked intelligent thought. That being said, this is still the best plan B we have in place. :dancing:

After reading your post, I thought it was silly, preposterous and absolutely lacked intelligent thought. That being said, this is still the best plan B we have in place. :dancing:

It would be a Kodak momement for sure to see the look on the team were playing if we did that. lol

Curtis Painter

28 attempts

8 completions

0 TDs

2 INT

1 Fumble

9.8 QB Rating

Joseph Addai

1 attempt

1 completion

1 TD

0 INT

6 Fumbles

158.3 QB Rating

Must I say more....

Id gladly take addai as the back up, then a better runner will take his place as the starter at RB

Id gladly take addai as the back up, then a better runner will take his place as the starter at RB

Why do I get the feeling that if we ever watched a game together IRL, we'd be fightin by halftime? :catfight:

Take back what you said about Joe!

lol Im sorry...but Painter makes all the Colt fans look like :argh: or :rant: when he is playing

Which closely resembled my appearance the other night. Nobody is more willing to give a pass to the team for overall performances in preseason than I. However, individual poor performances from a QB that has never exhibited even an acceptable performance, I will not grant a pass for that.

Painter sucks eggs. I dare him to prove me wrong Friday night.

Which closely resembled my appearance the other night. Nobody is more willing to give a pass to the team for overall performances in preseason than I. However, individual poor performances from a QB that has never exhibited even an acceptable performance, I will not grant a pass for that.

Painter sucks eggs. I dare him to prove me wrong Friday night.

Oh come on... Painter is just trying to be the # 1 fan for our defense. He wants to give em the whole 60 minutes for their glory, not his... He is just being unselfish... Besides, you're asking to much. If Painter throws 1 TD i will be happy. If Painter doesn't throw any INT i will be happy. If Painter plays QB for the team we play in the superbowl this year... well than happy can't describe the joy I will experience.

I think the only cure for Indy's backup QB situation is a "power running game" then a HS kid could make the play action passes that ........

oh never mind........ :mad:

I guess Manning being shelved 2x now in his thirties is not enough for this franchise to go and "PAY" for a quality backup.

sigh................... :censored:

Name ONE backup QB Indy has had since Manning hit town. Mark Rypien was the only recognized name. So, when our team crumbles blame the management. (If Manning even plays this year.)

If Manning goes down for any extended period, or if some goofy reason he doesn't play at all this season as you suggest, we're not winning the SB anyway so it's largely irrelevant. This team is going to live or die with Manning, no way around it.

Name ONE backup QB Indy has had since Manning hit town. Mark Rypien was the only recognized name. So, when our team crumbles blame the management. (If Manning even plays this year.)

Most people knew who Brock Huard was a the time and Kelly Holcomb went on to be a starter for the Browns and took them to the playoffs. Frankly I think Sorgi could have been likea Kelly Holcomb, he just never got a chance to play with the first stringers on a regular baises to prove that he could. The very few times he did he looked pretty decent. So Sorgi wasn't a reconginzed name just because he never got a chance to become one. Had he gotten one I think he would have been a boarder line back up/NFL starter not unlike Ryan Fitzpatrick with the Bills or John Kitna which is what you really looking at if you want a name back up QB. Painter, meh, he's not a very good NFL QB because he doesn't do well with presure in his face. Still I doubt the Colts are going to cut him it's just not what they do.

Also drop the even if Manning plays this year. He's going to play week 1 against the Texans, bet on it. If he had some kinda season ending injury there wouldn't be all the reports of him doing light work outs and throwing. Also, the Colts aren't stupid, they key Painter because he's cheap and knows the system well enough to come in in the middle of a game and get you to the end. If something seriously went wrong with Peyton the Colts would go get a guy like Sorgi just to see if he had anything left or be looking for a vet QB and probably trying to do something like talk Kerry Collins out of retirement. When the fears for Manning's neck were the greatest there were reports that the Colts were like at vet QBs. Since that talk has died down so has the talk of the Colts looking for a vet QB. So that tells me they got news that makes them feel like Manning should be ready to go week 1.

If Manning goes down for any extended period, or if some goofy reason he doesn't play at all this season as you suggest, we're not winning the SB anyway so it's largely irrelevant. This team is going to live or die with Manning, no way around it.

Exactly you don't have a dude who the whole team is built around, thought maybe to be the best player ever in the history of the league, won the MVP more than anyone else in the history of his sport, two of which he won based on just how important he is to his team go down to an injury and over come it. You just don't. That's why we are paying him 90 million over the next five years and would have gladly paid him more. If the Colts thought for a microsecond they could replace him they would, they have done it with other stars, Marvin, Edge, and Sanders just to name a few. Manning is the one guy on this roster (well maybe two depending on how you feel about Freeney) that next man up doesn't apply too.