Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good ol D.J. Williams.....

Blackhawk4

Le sigh....If you have not heard/seen it yet you're in for a treat. D.J. Williams LB for the Denver Broncos a couple of days ago decided while on Twitter he should post six defensive plays in the Bronco's playbook. While going through this process there wasn't a time where he thought it was a bad idea apparently...Needless to say those pictures are 'gone' (not really, once it's on the internet it is in permanent ink) at the "request" of the Broncos...Wonder what the phone call must've been like...I have a good idea, but I can't say it on the forum or else I'd be in trouble..

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44818/what-was-d-j-williams-thinking

All I could do when I first saw this and figured out it wasn't a joke.

21804824.jpg

Technically, it was only one play and it was just showing how the defense will adjust based on what formation the offense comes out in. But still, what are you thinking when you do something like this? Are you even thinking?

It must be in the water their drinking this year.Between players drafted not going to play DUIs, DWIs Marijuana,PEDs and other arrests,Saints Bounty situation,Roger is going to be one busy man handing out suspensions.

It must be in the water their drinking this year.Between players drafted not going to play DUIs, DWIs Marijuana,PEDs and other arrests,Saints Bounty situation,Roger is going to be one busy man handing out suspensions.

If it was me, I'd be far less tolerant. Drinking and driving is incredibly stupid and selfish and I can't think of any good reason for it. I would have absolutely no trouble suspending a player for an entire season without pay if he did that

If it was me, I'd be far less tolerant. Drinking and driving is incredibly stupid and selfish and I can't think of any good reason for it. I would have absolutely no trouble suspending a player for an entire season without pay if he did that

I agree but it is easy for me to say that, I have lost several close friends to drunk drivers and I do not drink nor did they.

I agree but it is easy for me to say that, I have lost several close friends to drunk drivers and I do not drink nor did they.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. That's exactly why I say it's a selfish act. You not only put your own life at risk, but the lives of innocent people as well.

In terms of DJ Williams, I wouldn't care as commish. If he wants to spill his entire playbook, that's his choice and his team/coaches will deal with it.

Drinking and Driving is a subject that should never be broached by someone with the resources to call a cab, wrecker, car service or what have you.

It's a stupid decision for anyone, but it's more insane for those with the resources to not miss the couple of hundred bucks it would cost to avoid it. Yeah a couple of hundred bucks is on the high end, but I'm looking at it from a worst case scenario.

Drinking and Driving is a subject that should never be broached by someone with the resources to call a cab, wrecker, car service or what have you.

It's a stupid decision for anyone, but it's more insane for those with the resources to not miss the couple of hundred bucks it would cost to avoid it. Yeah a couple of hundred bucks is on the high end, but I'm looking at it from a worst case scenario.

I have never understood how these guys get busted for DUI or DWI all the time. I am completely fine with them going out and have a great time and drinking all they want, but what I do not get is how they just do not tell one of their boys they are DD or just call a cab. I remember when my friends and I turned 21 we did the typical bar scene, but none of us ever drove drunk or anything.

It is just crazy how they cannot wrap their heads around being responsible before they drink.

I have never understood how these guys get busted for DUI or DWI all the time. I am completely fine with them going out and have a great time and drinking all they want, but what I do not get is how they just do not tell one of their boys they are DD or just call a cab. I remember when my friends and I turned 21 we did the typical bar scene, but none of us ever drove drunk or anything.

It is just crazy how they cannot wrap their heads around being responsible before they drink.

I agree.. Having a good time is one thing. Everyone deserves to be able to do that. Years ago(not saying it could be done today), but years ago a group of friends and I were out celebrating someone's birthday and nobody was in condition to drive. So one of them popped the hood, took some form of hose off, whipped out his AAA card and made a call. Now their were 5 of us, and I doubt they would do it today but it was very strange riding home in the car on the back of a flat bed, but none of us drove home.

I agree.. Having a good time is one thing. Everyone deserves to be able to do that. Years ago(not saying it could be done today), but years ago a group of friends and I were out celebrating someone's birthday and nobody was in condition to drive. So one of them popped the hood, took some form of hose off, whipped out his AAA card and made a call. Now their were 5 of us, and I doubt they would do it today but it was very strange riding home in the car on the back of a flat bed, but none of us drove home.

We all have stories like that because sometimes you drink a little to much when you are out with your friends. At least you guys came up with a way to get home safely.

You would think that with all the people who try to sink their teeth into these players that they would just be like ok well you want to be useful to me then well you do not drink a sip of booze and you will be our DD all the time.

It is crazy what the ipad can do in the right hands though. I would love to get my hand on that ipad DJ has.

We all have stories like that because sometimes you drink a little to much when you are out with your friends. At least you guys came up with a way to get home safely.

You would think that with all the people who try to sink their teeth into these players that they would just be like ok well you want to be useful to me then well you do not drink a sip of booze and you will be our DD all the time.

It is crazy what the ipad can do in the right hands though. I would love to get my hand on that ipad DJ has.

If I owned a cap company in a area where there was an NFL/MLB/NBA/ or hosted a pro team/big event, I would make sure they had plenty of business cards passed out to the players and such.

It is one thing I can't really understand.

I remember a TMZ post of the Manning brothers coming out of a restaurant after a few drinks... Climbing into the back of a SUV. Enjoying life the right way. With a driver.

The only way the NFL will put a handle on it is issuing harsher punishments specifically for that.

Some would argue that is double jeopardy or not their place, but something needs to be done.

I read an article about those Ipads recently. They can be remotely wiped, if they go lost or missing.

Funny how you can be impaired, but still have the presence of mind to scam AAA. And these clowns can't even call a driver.

Yup, like a Blackberry on an Enterprise server.

I'm not sure if that is a realistic response or some combo of modern day technology and a Star Trek reference. Never was a fan of the show.

Funny how you can be impaired, but still have the presence of mind to scam AAA. And these clowns can't even call a driver.

Well.. nobody wanted to drive. Nobody wanted to pay for a hotel room. We were about 40 minutes or so from home so a cab would have been expensive, then you have to collect the car the next day.

A buddy mentioned AAA, another one said they only do it if your car is broken down. That is when another one popped the hood and unhooked a belt.

Now that ride home was bumpy and a bit strange. It felt more like a roller-coaster than anything.

Le sigh....If you have not heard/seen it yet you're in for a treat. D.J. Williams LB for the Denver Broncos a couple of days ago decided while on Twitter he should post six defensive plays in the Bronco's playbook. While going through this process there wasn't a time where he thought it was a bad idea apparently...Needless to say those pictures are 'gone' (not really, once it's on the internet it is in permanent ink) at the "request" of the Broncos...Wonder what the phone call must've been like...I have a good idea, but I can't say it on the forum or else I'd be in trouble..

http://espn.go.com/b...lliams-thinking

All I could do when I first saw this and figured out it wasn't a joke.

21804824.jpg

Even his momma knows that his mind is gone..

I'm not sure if that is a realistic response or some combo of modern day technology and a Star Trek reference. Never was a fan of the show.

LOL. How old are you?

A Blackberry is a smartphone/PDA. Soon to be defunct, but is still the preferred mobile device for people who do a lot of emailing from their phones. Corporations give them to their employees, but manage them through a corporate server. It's called an Enterprise server.

Oh wait... A server is a computer that handles centralized applications and data storage for the users on the network. Oh wait... A network is a group of computers that can all talk to one another and share information.

I'm assuming you know what a computer is because you're using this website.

;)

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bes/

In all seriousness, the Blackberry Enterprise software allows the company to remotely lock or wipe sensitive information from a device that's been lost or stolen. Same as the iPad capability you mentioned earlier. The Enterprise software is probably all that will be left of Blackberry in a few years.

Well.. nobody wanted to drive. Nobody wanted to pay for a hotel room. We were about 40 minutes or so from home so a cab would have been expensive, then you have to collect the car the next day.

A buddy mentioned AAA, another one said they only do it if your car is broken down. That is when another one popped the hood and unhooked a belt.

Now that ride home was bumpy and a bit strange. It felt more like a roller-coaster than anything.

Good times.

LOL. How old are you?

A Blackberry is a smartphone/PDA. Soon to be defunct, but is still the preferred mobile device for people who do a lot of emailing from their phones. Corporations give them to their employees, but manage them through a corporate server. It's called an Enterprise server.

Oh wait... A server is a computer that handles centralized applications and data storage for the users on the network. Oh wait... A network is a group of computers that can all talk to one another and share information.

I'm assuming you know what a computer is because you're using this website.

;)

http://us.blackberry...s/software/bes/

In all seriousness, the Blackberry Enterprise software allows the company to remotely lock or wipe sensitive information from a device that's been lost or stolen. Same as the iPad capability you mentioned earlier. The Enterprise software is probably all that will be left of Blackberry in a few years.

Good times.

Old enough that I thought it was some antequted combo of the modern day blackberry combined with The Star Trek enterprise.

I might be one of a few hundred my age that never watched any of the Star Ward/Star Trek movies or shows.

I jumped from flip phone to Android smart phone so I bypassed the blackberry altogether so I'm not familiar with their software.

Old enough that I thought it was some antequted combo of the modern day blackberry combined with The Star Trek enterprise.

I might be one of a few hundred my age that never watched any of the Star Ward/Star Trek movies or shows.

I jumped from flip phone to Android smart phone so I bypassed the blackberry altogether so I'm not familiar with their software.

You're subconsciously pining for the missed parts of your childhood.

You didn't really miss anything with the Blackberry. I have one, and the biggest perks are overrated. It's very good for messaging, but not much else. Their hardware can't hold a candle to the new Samsung/HTC/Apple/Motorola devices. But as far as corporate administration of mobile devices is concerned, Blackberry Enterprise kind of set the table.

You're subconsciously pining for the missed parts of your childhood.

You didn't really miss anything with the Blackberry. I have one, and the biggest perks are overrated. It's very good for messaging, but not much else. Their hardware can't hold a candle to the new Samsung/HTC/Apple/Motorola devices. But as far as corporate administration of mobile devices is concerned, Blackberry Enterprise kind of set the table.

Nah, My childhood was fine. I preferred Batman and Hotwheels to Star Wars but was outside playing some form of ball or on a bicycle more than anything.

Blackberry I was on board with. Enterprise was the term that was throwing me off.