Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be the top QBS in the AFC

indynorth

Whats wrong with Flacco? Except for his failure in clutch playoff situations, he is among the best and I didn't include Brady or Manning because I was trying for younger QBs that will last MORE than the next couple of years.

Well Flacco did technically deliver last year vs the Pats. Evans and Cundiff took away his drive.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. Rothlesburger

4. Rivers

5. Schaub

If you just want to rate who we think are the best qbs under 25 than

1. Newton

2. Stafford

3. Bradford

4. Freeman

5. Dalton

Luck is probably right behind Sanchez at #7. You have to remember he hasn't even taken a snap yet. Too much hype. He has to get it done on the field 1st. I am sure he will be fine but these guys have proven themselves already.

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. Rothlesburger

4. Rivers

5. Schaub

If you just want to rate who we think are the best qbs under 25 than

1. Newton

2. Stafford

3. Bradford

4. Freeman

5. Dalton

Luck is probably right behind Sanchez at #7. You have to remember he hasn't even taken a snap yet. Too much hype. He has to get it done on the field 1st. I am sure he will be fine but these guys have proven themselves already.

Luck will supersede Sanchez and Tebow,Book it.

Hard to differentiate between AFC and NFC because you don't know who will be playing in which conference five years from now. Most of the rookies will be locked up for those five years in their initial deals, but there are other guys who could switch teams and throw that list all off.

In no particular order:

Rivers

Schaub

Roethlisberger

Dalton

Luck

(And that's: 1. Assuming guys stay on their current teams, and 2. Excludes any QB currently playing at 35 or older.)

Luck will supersede Sanchez and Tebow,Book it.

Will Luck lead his team to back to back AFC Championship games? No doubt I expect him to be better in the long run but Luck hasn't played a down yet. Looking at this coming year this year and ranking the top qbs under 25 and I gave him a break giving him 7th. As soon as he shows it on the field I will be singing his praises as I did Mannings but I'm not counting my chickens before they are hatched.

1. Andrew Luck (i mean come on, seriously!)

2. Tom Brady (for just about three more years)

3. Andy Dalton (yep)

4. Peyton Manning (sorry guys, just can't place him second)

5. T.J. Yates (will take over this season after another Schaub injury)

as for Barkley, he has weapons all around him at usc that he won't have at the pro level, at least for several years -- if at all. he might have a decent career, but he'll end of with somewhere along the lines of a Matt Cassel/Kyle Orton/Jason Campbell type of career.

Hard to differentiate between AFC and NFC because you don't know who will be playing in which conference five years from now. Most of the rookies will be locked up for those five years in their initial deals, but there are other guys who could switch teams and throw that list all off.

In no particular order:

Rivers

Schaub

Roethlisberger

Dalton

Luck

(And that's: 1. Assuming guys stay on their current teams, and 2. Excludes any QB currently playing at 35 or older.)

Luck on the bottom,you must be smokin something or a major Pats homer.

Luck on the bottom,you must be smokin something or a major Pats homer.

But I...

you even quoted the part, where he said "In no particular order:"

... did say "no particular order." O.o

See, those Pats fans causing trouble again on our forum......hummpp.....

I raise the rabble with the best of 'em. :brady: :heh:

I'm sorta surprised the Dalton is on everyone's list.

Can speak for everyone, but he's on my list, in great part, because of the young talent around him. He's in a good position right now, and should capitalize on it. Plus if Newton didn't have a record-setting year as a rookie, Dalton would have gotten a lot more attention and praise, I think.

Can speak for everyone, but he's on my list, in great part, because of the young talent around him. He's in a good position right now, and should capitalize on it. Plus if Newton didn't have a record-setting year as a rookie, Dalton would have gotten a lot more attention and praise, I think.

But, he's on the BenGals! That aside, Maybe, but I don't see it. 5 guys in the AFC who I'm guessing will be better in 3 years not named Peyton or Tom.

Rivers

Roethlisburger

Luck

Flacco

Romo* 3 years from now i see him in a Cincy uni!

I dont need years 4 and 5. Basing my answer on just three years

1) Luck

2) Flacco

3) Schuab

4) Rivers

5) Dalton

I really like Schuab & Flacco. 2 underestimated QB's who will do well down the road HOF.

Here is my list:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Phillip Rivers

3. Tom Brady

4. Big Ben

5. Andy Dalton

I can't include RG3 & Andrew Luck yet. I need to see them for 1 full NFL season first.

Point of order here. The original question posed by IndyNorth read as follows: Name the top 5 QBs in the AFC. A number of bloggers accidentally included NFC QBs in their top 5 list. We all make minor mistakes I guess. It happens to the best of us right.

This looks about right. I would replace Roethlisberger with Dalton though. That Bengals team could be dangerous in the coming years.

Problem is that Steelers team has proven dangerous since Ben took over and has 1-2 Super Bowls to show for it, Bengals had a good year and might be an up and coming team but till then I will take the Steelers

This looks about right. I would replace Roethlisberger with Dalton though. That Bengals team could be dangerous in the coming years.

You've got that right QuizBoy. The Bengals are young, talented, & lethal. No doubt about it. Andy Dalton is for real. He sliced up my Badgers secondary during the RoseBowl not too long ago. I really like this kid.

Problem is that Steelers team has proven dangerous since Ben took over and has 1-2 Super Bowls to show for it, Bengals had a good year and might be an up and coming team but till then I will take the Steelers

True, the team with proven success may be at an advantage due to the fact that they know how to win. In about two or three seasons though, if Pittsburgh does not draft well, that defense will not be the same and the Bengals offense will be able to light them up. The AFC North is one of the funnest divisions to watch...Except for the Browns. I just plain don't like watching them lol.

You've got that right QuizBoy. The Bengals are young, talented, & lethal. No doubt about it. Andy Dalton is for real. He sliced up my Badgers secondary during the RoseBowl not too long ago. I really like this kid.

Yep, I remember that game...The kid is the real deal. He came from Katy, Texas, only about 30 minutes away from Houston. I would watch his games all the time, and the kid is a bonefied star. I just hate the fact that he and A.J. Green are in the AFC lol...That makes things more competitive for both our teams lol.

True, the team with proven success may be at an advantage due to the fact that they know how to win. In about two or three seasons though, if Pittsburgh does not draft well, that defense will not be the same and the Bengals offense will be able to light them up. The AFC North is one of the funnest divisions to watch...Except for the Browns. I just plain don't like watching them lol.

the Browns draft is......amusing, I will say that much but I guess same can be said about that for a couple other teams as well....Dolphins....Jaguars, a freakin Punter in the 3rd round!, Jags fans must have thought...Hmm its awfully early to be throwing the season and planning for next years draft

the Browns draft is......amusing, I will say that much but I guess same can be said about that for a couple other teams as well....Dolphins....Jaguars, a freakin Punter in the 3rd round!, Jags fans must have thought...Hmm its awfully early to be throwing the season and planning for next years draft

Hahaha the fans for all of those teams already know that this season is not going to be theirs...The Jaguar fans probably didn't even watch the draft hahaha, well the first round maybe but that's it. The Browns got lucky by picking up their two new offensive weapons. By the time they become serious Super Bowl contenders however, Weeden will probably be almost 40 lol but maybe he will pull a Warner or Favre and play like a rockstar later on in his career. For now, though, fans should just focus on the other three teams that actually put up a fight in the division lol.

Yep, I remember that game...The kid is the real deal. He came from Katy, Texas, only about 30 minutes away from Houston. I would watch his games all the time, and the kid is a bonefied star. I just hate the fact that he and A.J. Green are in the AFC lol...That makes things more competitive for both our teams lol.

Yeah, I wish the Bengals were in the NFC too & the only way we'd see them Playoffs wise is in the SuperBowl. Oh well, such is life I guess. I actually wanna see the Bengals give the Ravens & Steelers fits & a run for their money. It makes that black-n-blue division much more competitive & compelling to watch IMO as you so eloquently stated.

Yeah, I wish the Bengals were in the NFC too & the only way we'd see them Playoffs wise is in the SuperBowl. Oh well, such is life I guess. I actually wanna see the Bengals give the Ravens & Steelers fits & a run for their money. It makes that black-n-blue division much more competitive & compelling to watch IMO as you so eloquently stated.

You mean yellow and purple division? :P Lol yeah I have a fear for some of those elite NFC teams though...I would much rather face the Bengals in the Super Bowl than the Packers or Bears, for obvious reasons hahaha.

You mean yellow and purple division? :P Lol yeah I have a fear for some of those elite NFC teams though...I would much rather face the Bengals in the Super Bowl than the Packers or Bears, for obvious reasons hahaha.

Yellow & purple division is right on the money QwizBoy. The Bengals & their tiger persona are about to maul the Ravens & rip out their tall tale heart [Edgar Allen Poe literary reference] & relinquish it "Nevermore!!!" haha

So you think Dalton is a better prospect that Luck? Interesting....

No, but I have seen Dalton play before...for all we know Luck could be the next Leaf. Once I actually see a full season of Luck playing in the NFL, then I might change my position.