Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y

Playoffs2013

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! HE WILL BE A BEAST ON SPECIAL TEAMS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

Yeah It will be reaaly interesting to see what he does on special teams. we could use some touchdowns on that side of the ball. Im equally anxious to see what he does at Wide Reciver. He could be a guy that needs one quick step a move and then he has the defenser beat with his speed and elusivness. Man if Avery comes back and stays healthy along with Hilton, Thats alot of speed. Then our Two TE causing missmatches at any place on the feild, Oh and we still have two esablished vets in Wayne and Collie. I would say Luck has just a couple choices to choose from.

Yeah It will be reaaly interesting to see what he does on special teams. we could use some touchdowns on that side of the ball. Im equally anxious to see what he does at Wide Reciver. He could be a guy that needs one quick step a move and then he has the defenser beat with his speed and elusivness. Man if Avery comes back and stays healthy along with Hilton, Thats alot of speed. Then our Two TE causing missmatches at any place on the feild, Oh and we still have two esablished vets in Wayne and Collie. I would say Luck has just a couple choices to choose from.

"Just a Couple"?? Ha, try an ENTIRE Arsenal. Don't forget the RB's with Brown, Carter, & Ballard. If he comes & makes up for the Time he missed due to his Academics, I don't see any reasons why he can't have an Unforgetable Rookie Year

"Just a Couple"?? Ha, try an ENTIRE Arsenal. Don't forget the RB's with Brown, Carter, & Ballard. If he comes & makes up for the Time he missed due to his Academics, I don't see any reasons why he can't have an Unforgetable Rookie Year

For now, I don't think it's hard to predict the first 5 WR's being, Wayne, Collie, Avery, Hilton and Brazil. There are decent candidates if they want to go to 6. The first two TE's are Fleener and Allen. And plenty of candidates for a 3rd and/or 4th spot.

You've already listed to likely first 3 RB's. So, yes, it looks like Luck will have a very nice arsenal of weapons. And I, for one, am not the least bit concerned about the time he's missed while at school. He'll make that up in no time.

I'm sure I'll say this in many posts over the next 6-8 months, but Luck's most elite trait is what's inside his head. It's his brain that ultimately makes him special. Yes, he has all the other measurables. And his arm, while perhaps not elite, is well above average and certainly more than enough for the NFL. But it's his mind that makes him special. Colts fans will come to know that after watching him week in and week out. It won't be apparent just from watching some tape, or a even a couple of games. You've got to see him all the time. And then you'll truly appreciate what makes him special.

NCF

For now, I don't think it's hard to predict the first 5 WR's being, Wayne, Collie, Avery, Hilton and Brazil. There are decent candidates if they want to go to 6. The first two TE's are Fleener and Allen. And plenty of candidates for a 3rd and/or 4th spot.

You've already listed to likely first 3 RB's. So, yes, it looks like Luck will have a very nice arsenal of weapons. And I, for one, am not the least bit concerned about the time he's missed while at school. He'll make that up in no time.

I'm sure I'll say this in many posts over the next 6-8 months, but Luck's most elite trait is what's inside his head. It's his brain that ultimately makes him special. Yes, he has all the other measurables. And his arm, while perhaps not elite, is well above average and certainly more than enough for the NFL. But it's his mind that makes him special. Colts fans will come to know that after watching him week in and week out. It won't be apparent just from watching some tape, or a even a couple of games. You've got to see him all the time. And then you'll truly appreciate what makes him special.

NCF

:Cry: That was DEEP Man. Got me all Emotional over here lol

:Cry: That was DEEP Man. Got me all Emotional over here lol

I maybe new here, but my sarcasm meter is going off.... since I'm the new guy, allow me to say to TKnight that my post was not a shot at you. I'm in agreement with you. Maybe I wasn't being clear. I was just elaborating on what you wrote.... not making fun or belittling it....

And if I'm wrong, and we're good.... then, in the words of Emily Latella...... "That's very different. Never mind"

NCF

I maybe new here, but my sarcasm meter is going off.... since I'm the new guy, allow me to say to TKnight that my post was not a shot at you. I'm in agreement with you. Maybe I wasn't being clear. I was just elaborating on what you wrote.... not making fun or belittling it....

And if I'm wrong, and we're good.... then, in the words of Emily Latella...... "That's very different. Never mind"

NCF

I didnt take that as a Shot.... ? You're good man, I'm not offended or nothing

Are rookie contracts like this one guaranteed?

$650,000 a year for 4 years.....is good money....for an unproven new comer

Only guaranteed money is guaranteed ( you know what I mean), and that's usually bonus money for a rookie. He can be cut just like anyone else.

No offense, but I wish all you guys with the "S inside a Horseshoe" had different avatars. I get used to knowing people by their avatars. Maybe let the one who has the most posts keep it, and make everyone else have different ones.

Again, no offense, just my opinion.

Only guaranteed money is guaranteed ( you know what I mean), and that's usually bonus money for a rookie. He can be cut just like anyone else.

Are rookie contracts like this one guaranteed?

$650,000 a year for 4 years.....is good money....for an unproven new comer

Only thing guaranteed is the signing bonus, unless there are other clauses or bonuses (like a June 1 roster bonus) in the contract. For a rookie, it's probably whatever his signing bonus is. Last year's pick #92, Joseph Barksdale, signed for four years, $2.579 million, with a $539,800 signing bonus.

So, assuming Hilton got a bonus somewhere around $550k, he can still be cut before the season starts, and that's all he gets. Once the season starts, he gets paid in 17 weekly installments.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not an expert at this, but I think I understand this much pretty accurately.