Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No More 290 LB Guards!

The Peytonator

The key questions ultimately will be:

1. Can they move well on screen plays?
  2. Can the guards be athletic enough to pull well?
  3. Can they adapt to both zone blocking and man blocking equally well?
  4. Will they be quick on their feet to get in the right spot to pass protect well, and handle stunts/blitzes etc., should we go with all those 4/5 WR formations that is being talked about?
  5. When the D-line brings a heavy package, with 5 DLs, will they be successful in short yardage?
  6. Will they communicate well with each other and develop chemistry?

The answers to all of these will come in time, and will determine how well our unit will be. 290 lbs or 320 lbs, these questions will probably be the same for most OL groups, I would imagine :).

A few comments to your ramblings

1) I used to be a mod, so old habits die hard

2) I was not policing. Policing it would be, you should start a new thread, or this doesn't belong here. I was acknowledging that my response was in the wrong thread when I answered your question about Nevis being listed as DT.

3) Quit your crying about it already. You took my response in a manner that it was not intended.

It would seem your 1&2 points would contradict each other if you look again, in one instance your telling me you used to be a mod and old habits die hard, thats basically telling me you were policing even if it was unintentional but all in all I prefer to move on and write this off as a silly argument as I said before you and I have had no problems before and I'd like this thread to remain open I've seen threads closed before that I liked discussing things in and debating that were closed because things got a bit out of hand

personally i think reitz would be terrific at right tackle. great length. it's a new staff. i'm sure the moves grigson has made gives us a good idea of the direction they're heading.

If Reitz was the answer at RT then we should have tried him there last year. Linkenback was bad enough at RT that Reitz could not have been any worse.